2.0 Hardmode Flashpoints are not worth the payout.

Irawratih

End-game flashpoints have never been worth the effort. It's rediculous really. Flashpoints should be a way of gearing up to take on Operations, but always feels like it's the operations themselves that gear one up to take on the operation.

We have basic gear commendations plenty in the various dailies. Flashpoints should be giving gear that's equal or even one step up the whole way. Getting just one piece of the upper end gear from the very last boss is silly. One piece of Underworld gear per boss would be much better, also giving players more a choice of where to go to gear up.

But, whatever. Bioware does insist on making end-game gearing a horrible grind. Just like at launch.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how in the hell do you get better gear in order to do the new hardmode's to where they not hard????? All of you people who think these new hardmodes saying they are too easy must be in elitist guilds or something. Or don't run in pug groups!

its pve mate, there is no such thing as an "elite pve'er" - if they started dishing out this title for something as easy, mechanical and scripted as pve, then you can start calling people things like:

He's an elite toast eater or an elite road sweeper. Maybe even an elite dog walker....

This post makes me laugh care bairs needing more love and care, bless...

Edited by iaintoff

Yea that hammer station robot cost us 3 healers last try they just gave up, after 8 total wipes and 150k in repair costs we all gave up. My overall point is they are not fun at the current level settings, and the rewards are horrible. I though you did hardmodes to get gear for raids but maybe things have changed and you just go right into raids instead. i am the last one of my friends still playing swtor. everyone else i know quit due to lack of fun. this 2.0 update with caps on everything and nightmare mode hardmodes will not bring any of them back.

Most healers don't know yet that they have to cleanse the stacks from the tank in that fight. Almost all the fights are just mechanics people haven't gotten used to yet, but they have gotten spoiled getting free tionese and immediately able to do all tier 1 50 hardmodes. They no longer want to grind basic comms first for gear (if they are wearing greens at 55).

If your group is wearing BH/Campaign at 55 then you are fully capable to do all new flashpoints as long as people listen en learn, but in pug groups that is unlikely to happen.

Most healers don't know yet that they have to cleanse the stacks from the tank in that fight. Almost all the fights are just mechanics people haven't gotten used to yet, but they have gotten spoiled getting free tionese and immediately able to do all tier 1 50 hardmodes. They no longer want to grind basic comms first for gear (if they are wearing greens at 55).

If your group is wearing BH/Campaign at 55 then you are fully capable to do all new flashpoints as long as people listen en learn, but in pug groups that is unlikely to happen.

Agreed, as a healer I wondered "Laser did 15k damage to me in 2 seconds, maybe I'm missing a mechanic ".

I think its mostly under-gearedness is the problem. 55 FPs can be done in full BH once everyone learns to play at their best in order to make up for crappy gear, and once lots of people are in black market gear everything will smooth out.

So its been a week of doing these new hardmodes and without question they need to be fixed. The cost of repairs, time, and effort level vs the payout is beyond off scale. These are the current problems as i have seen so far. feel free to add what i may have missed.

1. Bosses drops BLUE gear really? And dont hold your breath but a whooping 2 elite tokens . what is the point. If i can craft the level of gear given is too low.

2. Boss difficulty levels are set too high, perhaps they were set for pts when we all had full gear but no one does now, for example the wookie in cademimu spawns so many death trolls so fast it is near impossible to beat. the heat beam in hammer station cause so many wipes everyone quit. Both times i got que no we did not make it past the first boss.

3. Repair cost are tooo high to make the 10k payout at the end worth anything. The last run caused 5 wipes at a cost of 23k per wipe. so to do this flashpoint and get 0 gear from it i spent over 100k in repairs.

4. The overall payout for the vs the cost of gear per tokens if the gear goes from 80-140 tokens per item the payout is just not worth the repair bills or time.

i love flashpoints but if they cause more stress then fun i do not see any reason to do them at all. Doing a raid has a far better payout with less cost in repairs.

1. I agree if only the bonus and the end boss are worth it something's wrong

2. I like the fact, that the dps have to watch their aggro once more and we can't yet roflstomp the fp's.

(The beam debuff is dispelable and since we know that, we hadn't had a single wipe on that boss.

the death trolls have to be burned by the one who has them on him)

3. Repair costs are high, especially as a tank, when something goes wrong I'm most likely the one who dies first.

The other thing is that they applied the stupid random system again. Why couldn't they make the black market equip like the arcanian (token's drop and all classes can use them) or at least like the columi was (token for a base class drops and you can decide for yourself, which set you want to get the item from)?

LOL at this thread

a) For all those ppl that think 55 HMs are too hard ... learn to play

b) For all those ppl that think 55 HMS are too easy ... good on you

c) For those ppl that think they dont drop enough loot ... think what lvl 50 FPs use to give you

d) (short rant time)

Since this game came out F2P I honestly think the IQ of this game dropped several points. To all you ppl that want EVERYTHING handed to you on a silver platter ... go play another game ... I'm a person who likes work for my gear, to play a game to have fun. So to say I was a little upset when 2.0 came out and my hard earned full set of dread guard gear became useless, but in finding there is more gear to work for I was fine ... Then you slackers have the audacity to say that your not getting your gear on a silver platter is kinda disheartening.

c) For those ppl that think they dont drop enough loot ... think what lvl 50 FPs use to give you

It's not a matter of having everything handed to me.

It's the rnd factor that's even worse in lvl 55 hm fps than it was in lvl 50 hm fps.

(Lvl 50: A token for a specific base class dropped but could be used to buy tank or dps equip from that specific base class. Lvl 55: The item drops and you have to live with it.)

Free tionese just gave people a good starting way to be carried through ops and grind gear to play easy mode flashpoints. When you are overgeared you can miss mechanics and still survive.. All the bosses were tank and spank with a few debuffs and some marked aoe.. Everyone felt like god and the best "pro" online..we could ignore aggro management as tank and dps, heal randomly filling who we wanted anymoment, it's time to put some brain in daily content and have some stupid player l2p. I bet we will have so much better pugs and less whining on the forum

So its been a week of doing these new hardmodes and without question they need to be fixed. The cost of repairs, time, and effort level vs the payout is beyond off scale. These are the current problems as i have seen so far. feel free to add what i may have missed.

1. Bosses drops BLUE gear really? And dont hold your breath but a whooping 2 elite tokens . what is the point. If i can craft the level of gear given is too low.

2. Boss difficulty levels are set too high, perhaps they were set for pts when we all had full gear but no one does now, for example the wookie in cademimu spawns so many death trolls so fast it is near impossible to beat. the heat beam in hammer station cause so many wipes everyone quit. Both times i got que no we did not make it past the first boss.

3. Repair cost are tooo high to make the 10k payout at the end worth anything. The last run caused 5 wipes at a cost of 23k per wipe. so to do this flashpoint and get 0 gear from it i spent over 100k in repairs.

4. The overall payout for the vs the cost of gear per tokens if the gear goes from 80-140 tokens per item the payout is just not worth the repair bills or time.

i love flashpoints but if they cause more stress then fun i do not see any reason to do them at all. Doing a raid has a far better payout with less cost in repairs.

try normal mode, hard means hard, thats not for every noob ...

So how in the hell do you get better gear in order to do the new hardmode's to where they not hard????? All of you people who think these new hardmodes saying they are too easy must be in elitist guilds or something. Or don't run in pug groups!

i run in pug and guild teams never had to spend 100k in repairs

only times i wipe was in pug teams that were total noobs and thats part of gaming wiping means the content was hard for once and it takes 1 week of casual play to get bh starter gear from the lvl 50 fp and lvl 50-55 hm fp

in a good team hm fp are to easy:(

I run the 55 HM FPS through GF so its always with Pugs. And they are pretty easy, I tanked the first one i ran in 3 pieces of 66 plus a 66 lightsaber hilt and the rest of my gear was 61.

The reward is the 69 gear drops, beyond the comm awards and the fun of doing group content.

As to how you get geared for the 55 FPs... run dailies and weeklies for Basic comms and buy 66 gear. Also craft 66 gear as needed.

Just shows me exactly how people are when they respond on the forums. People who want to yell out get basic comm's must also know that is requires so many of them per piece of gear. So why go backwards to go forwards?

Yes it requires quite a lot of basic comms. But you can earn them pretty easily doing solo missions.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

LOL at this thread

a) For all those ppl that think 55 HMs are too hard ... learn to play

b) For all those ppl that think 55 HMS are too easy ... good on you

d) (short rant time)

Since this game came out F2P I honestly think the IQ of this game dropped several points. To all you ppl that want EVERYTHING handed to you on a silver platter ... go play another game ... I'm a person who likes work for my gear, to play a game to have fun. So to say I was a little upset when 2.0 came out and my hard earned full set of dread guard gear became useless, but in finding there is more gear to work for I was fine ... Then you slackers have the audacity to say that your not getting your gear on a silver platter is kinda disheartening.

totally agree, while I haven't been in one I actually enjoyed the very first instance of lost isle.

hard is supposed to be hard.

and I also agree on the IQ drop. Huttball makes this very apparent. Ever since F2P launched the number of 0:0 games with the team winning holding the ball in the end increased, because ppl just bang their heads instead of playing the game.

totally agree, while I haven't been in one I actually enjoyed the very first instance of lost isle.

hard is supposed to be hard.

It's only hard because the people right now are undergeared

and I also agree on the IQ drop. Huttball makes this very apparent. Ever since F2P launched the number of 0:0 games with the team winning holding the ball in the end increased, because ppl just bang their heads instead of playing the game.

That's by far not a measurement for intelligence.

I have a lot of huttball matches where one team has the tanks to theoretically get the ball to the line, but the other team has the dps power to not let them do that and lacks tanks.

Such team situations don't have anything to do with intelligence but often result in a 0:0 situation

Heh. The payout is fine. Kind of funny actually as some blues are better than my blackhole purps. But really, this is just a staging point for Ops and it does exactly what it is intended to do. Gear drops that will help you grind more 55 HMs. An Arkanian drop to kick start your next tier effort and, most importantly, comms, elite etc. etc.

The difficulty is fine. The payouts are fine. You have to work to move on. No faceroll Black Hole in 50 HMs here, at least not yet.

yeah well but that wasn't happening. people ran in the wrong direction (sometimes even the same guy more than once in a game). etc . I can cope with newbies asking how to throw the ball. I'll explain np but the number of zergs just increased if you know what I mean.

I made yesterday Hammer Station a couple of times and Athiss one time, and I think...

Bonus Boss and the endboss dropped Black Market - purple - items and 2 Elite commendations. Smaller bosses dropped blue gear which is fine I think - I can strip out the mods which are in some cases better than my actual Black Hole mods.Anyway the old lvl50 HMs were similar in terms of loot: a few Tionese Crystals, sometimes a columi gear, etc. I runned the old HMs because of fun plus the daily Black Hole commendations.

I have some lvl55 PvP gear (2 implants, 1 ear and boots) because I had enough PvP commendations to buy them. My other stuff are Black Hole / Rakata / Campaign stuff which u can easily acquire now. U can cap the weekly classic commendation limit very fast and u can buy good campaign stuff if u don't have good gear now. On Makeb lots of strong mobs are dropping Planetary commendations: u can use them to buy rakata armorings, mods. Rakate / Black Hole level gear seems enough for Hammer Station and Athiss.

Plus maybe you should check the GTN for MK-6 augmentations too. MK7-9 augmentation prices are insanly high now but I expect a huge drop in old augmentation prices.

Repair costs are always pain in the ***. However you can collect more than enough credits on Makeb or on the good old Black Hole dailies. Black Hole dalies are approx. 15 minutes without the Heroic4, and you can collect at least 60k.

And yes, we had a few wipes too. This is part of the game I suppose. In the beginning there are a few wipes - after that killing these things are just routine work.

The blue items are generally orange items with blue mods. Great for companions. The elite comms are a nice addition to get elite gear. I don't see a problem there.

Each run drops 2 x 2 elite items as well generally so that's good too.

The repair costs are due to two things:

New fp's that people have to get used to and the main reason: PUGs

The problem is pugs and you not understanding what loot you are getting. Add to that the daily/weekly quests and it's a very rewarding system in my view.

Difficulty level is ok, its nice to have something that is actually hard, Drops is a different story, the loot is crap, gearing up through PVP is more beneficial as it is.

I don't pvp much so please explain how you gain gear through pvp now since pre level 55 gear is gone.

The loot is just fine actually. I don't get you people. I have a level 55 sorc fully geared in 66 and 69 gear as of this morning. I did 5 level 55 fp's total and no ops. Just did some fp's, did Makeb story and some dailies and crafted some items.

Took me a week to do this. What's the problem?

I enjoy the new flashpoints a lot but the real issue is how repetitive they get. Difficulty is always welcome and bonus boss dropping awesome loot is also another awesomeness.

We only have 4 flashpoints and that bothers me. I've already done each of them like 10 times. We need more new content, more new flashpoints, more random pops.

Remember this same complaint at launch and I found all the HM FPs pretty easy, I usually did them with friends.

Are these new HM FPs at 55 a lot harder than the HM FPs at launch?

I do agree with the credit cost of repairs, always been pretty stupidly high, it is easy to make credits though.

Very few times have my groups wiped on 55 HM. Are the people in group geared for HM? Is the group using CC? Do people in your group know the fights? Only time I saw a group wipe multiple times was When healer wasn't gear.

As far as gear drops. Would you be happy if the gear was epic and not blue?

I enjoy the HM being hard.

so they are fine if you run them in gear that is better then they drop?

Makes sense. LOL