Grim Tooth

Miko-

Does the boss leave any Gree-looking devices / orbs / warps after its death?

He dropped one green and one orange item for us: http://i.imgur.com/x7dcDKw.jpg

As for getting to him, it's much easier if you just have a friend with a knockback. Duel, one person jumps and the other hits Force Push/Pulse Detonator/Force Wave/etc and up to the notched support beam they go. Use Guardian Leap/Rescue/Grapple/etc to get to where your friend is at then both of you jump into the cage.

You currently get more of a challenge killing a womp rat, looking forward to a proper encounter with him.

If you're a Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor of any sort, here is how to beat Grim Tooth and take his loot:

Things you'll need:

-Qyzen Fezz or Nadia Grell as a companion

-Force speed

-Force wave

-Patience

1. Find the platform with the tree that is south of the cage that was mentioned in a page 1 comment.

2. Use force speed and jump off the platform at the last second in an attempt to enter the cage. This will not get you in, but you will find yourself stuck above the bottom energy ring. You're on the right track.

3. While you are indefinitely stuck in the air and facing Grim Tooth, use Force Wave. It will aggro the boss and he will approach you, right up on the edge of the cage

4. Your melee companion will glitch into the cage and fight Grim Tooth. Since he has around 800K, it will take a while for your companion to kill him. The great part is that he doesn't attack anything, so your companion can have the worst gear and be alright.

5. When Grim Tooth is defeated, he will fall forward, making his head visible outside of the cage. This allows you to take his loot (I got a prototype lvl 66 vibroblade).

It took me hours to figure this out, so you're welcome! :)

Just tried this and managed to kill him this way. Thanks :)

And now I want an unbugged rematch!

• 5 months later...
If you're a Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor of any sort, here is how to beat Grim Tooth and take his loot:

This worked for me, but I learned that I had to angle my jump, such that I hit the far left edge of the energy shield. If I went straight toward the closest part, I just slid down to the ground.

Took about 15 minutes for Nadia to kill him.

He does indeed have an enrage timer. It kicks in at about 7-8 minutes. Also, weirdly enough, he is immune to taunts. So if he actually did damage, he could be quite a tough opponent. Hope that someday I'll be able to fight him for real.

• 1 year later...

Things you'll need:

-Qyzen Fezz or Nadia Grell as a companion

-Force speed

-Force wave

-Patience

1. Find the platform with the tree that is south of the cage that was mentioned in a page 1 comment.

2. Use force speed and jump off the platform at the last second in an attempt to enter the cage. This will not get you in, but you will find yourself stuck above the bottom energy ring. You're on the right track.

3. While you are indefinitely stuck in the air and facing Grim Tooth, use Force Wave. It will aggro the boss and he will approach you, right up on the edge of the cage

4. Your melee companion will glitch into the cage and fight Grim Tooth. Since he has around 800K, it will take a while for your companion to kill him. The great part is that he doesn't attack anything, so your companion can have the worst gear and be alright.

5. When Grim Tooth is defeated, he will fall forward, making his head visible outside of the cage. This allows you to take his loot (I got a prototype lvl 66 vibroblade).

It took me hours to figure this out, so you're welcome! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all I didn't even know about this post at the time, only found it while trying to figure out the correct way to do this. Nice job discovering this as well though.

Anyways, you can do this as any class and it doesn't have to be the ones listed because I'm a trooper.

•  
  • Instead of Force Speed, I just simply get on a speeder to jump. This also helps because your companion isn't summoned yet.

• Once you jump, you'll get stuck on the shield as stated. The game may auto-stuck you once, so just simply do it again if it happens.

• When you get up there, he should become targetable, so dismount from your speeder and your companion should then be summoned. For me Elara appeared below me inside that shield. Once this happens, simply have the companion attack.

After awhile I did get auto-stucked again and put back on the ledge, but Elara was still inside killing so I just waited for her to finish it off. I could not actually attack the thing myself though, even while on top of the shield.

I am still convinced that there is a correct way inside though, even if it is some type of teleporter somewhere. However, knowing Bioware, I would not be surprised if they left this bugged for years. There's already a bugged [Kill It With Fire] achievement on Makeb from 1 year ago that has not been resolved.

• 1 month later...

Just got this using companions without having to jump or get stuck; need an AOE.

Notice where around you your best DPS companion appears when summoned. With companion dismissed, position yourself between the blue barrier and one of the pylons (as close to the barrier as you can get) in such a way so that when your companion is summoned, he/she will appear inside the barrier.

Did this in a group with one other person and he got his companion inside the same way.

As a smuggler, I hit Heroic Moment and used Legacy Lightning Storm (Legacy Orbital Strike might work too) to aggro Grim Tooth. Once aggro'ed, group member targeted Grim Tooth from my Target-of-Target. We both sent companions to attack and just sat back and waited.

• 2 months later...
I used my Shadow and Quizzen. I used forced speed and jumped from the little hill to the south of Grim Tooth. I got trapped at the top of the force barrier as planned. I brought in Quizzen who appeared inside the forcefield. I used Force Wave to agro Grim Tooth. Quizzen began fighting him. I was suddenly returned to the little hill (the game unstuck me) and I watched the fight from outside the forcefield. Quizzen finished him off after a long long time with my shadow powerless to effect the fight. Thanks to those who discovered this technique.

• 2 months later...

Just drove past Grimtooth again on my Commando as I was running through the Makeb arc, and it got me wondering: has anyone figured out how to open the Rancor's cage...legitimately?

There are remote power stations that seem like they're supposed to be used/disabled/destroyed in order to open the forcefields surrounding him, but I'm still clueless as to what you might need to do to release him. Maybe something to do with the Seeker Droids or Macrobinoculars?

Edited by MishraArtificer

Well, someone who posted previously stated that they managed to get loot from killing him. They said they got a level 66 vibroblade. If that's true, and KotFE only goes to level 65, it's possible that he was added in when they first started makeb but will not be available legitimately for quite some time.

• 1 month later...
killed him didnt need a jugg just used another sorc to help get us in though it was quite difficult. he didnt drop a 66 nothing he dropped lvl 53 lightsabor and some pants. Edited by jedilier

• 1 month later...
Well, someone who posted previously stated that they managed to get loot from killing him. They said they got a level 66 vibroblade. If that's true, and KotFE only goes to level 65, it's possible that he was added in when they first started makeb but will not be available legitimately for quite some time.

Lol, he probably just made a typo and meant "level 55".

My best guess is that its just unfinished and that Bioware cant be arsed to make it work like it should. Just like the Kill It With Fire! achievement (and lots of other bugs). Though I really hope they would finish it, because it looks very epic to me to release the contained Grimtooth and kill it.

• 4 months later...