Are they ever going to seperate high levels from low level PvP?

Dayshadow

I'm playing voidstar and we are getting whopped. My entire team is guarding 1 door and I am single handedly guarding another. If trouble arises, I have a help message pre-typed and ready to go. With my entire team, save me, guarding 1 door the alarm sounds off within the first minute. I'm thinking, "***? How incompetent are these idiots".

So in the next room I'm going to have to lay down the law. I'm a commando so I'm going in to rain fsome hell on these punks. Oh, wait... they are lvl 50 and can kill anyone on my team in 5 hits. The empire team was practically all lvl 50. I'm not bragging, but it's extremely rare for me to lose a 1v1 fight with any class. Especially a warrior. Losing so fast to a warrior made me stop and check his lvl - it was 50. I actually look at his name - it's Darth Suchinsuch. I look over and see Lord Soandso, another lvl 50. This warrior could take on 3 of us. And he's just one of the 4 lvl 50s. At this point, if I see "darth" or "lord" I'll quit. I don't care what anyone says. Having no chance whatsoever is not Player vs Player. It's player vs godmode. The fact that all the PvP gear is lvl 50 only (unless they changed it back) only adds insult to injury as they get additional benefits on top of lvl superiority.

I don't know if giving lower lvls PvP gear would help, but bolster is definitely not enough. Their damage in just fundamentally too high to be playing with low to mid levels. I recall playing Alderaan and 2 lvl 50 inquisitors held a turret from an attack by 5 other players. This freed up the rest of their team to guard the other turret. We'd have to use an execssive amount of people to take either, thus leaving the 1 we had open. Whatever we did we'd only be able to hold 1 at any given time. Barring complete incompetence of the opposing team we could not possibly win w/o an unending chain of critical hits.

Lol I found it funny when I saw lvl 50s on the enemy side while on my side was lvl 11s. The Lvl 50s obviously had an advantage by having access to more useful skills compared to a lowbie with just a few skills. Plus considering they had superb pvp gear... I know BW did great trying to level it out having lower players still be able to pvp warzone with higher ranks but their needs some separation by level or something to make it a little more fair.

PvP in this game is broke. I thought this was an mmo set in a war setting. All BW wants you to do war with is quest giver NPCs by selecting the most evil options during their VO cut scences because clearly PvP was NOT thoroughly thought out.

id be in favor something like a 1-29 bracket and a 30-50 bracket or something like that

They'd have to do better than that.

10-30

31-40

41-49

50 - Since only 50 can get PvP gear they need to be by themselves.

I'm not sure how the leveling curve goes in TOR, but typically the last 10 levels are way more powerful than the previous ones.

They said in beta that they were going to implement a bracket system for launch. Apparently this wasn't high on thier priority, or they have no idea how to do it. That is quite a blunder imo. True the only difference in pvp is the skill-set in regard to levels (and well maybe some gear, expertise wise, but the stats should be roughly similiar). I haven't pvp'd yet, was waiting to level 20ish..but now that I hear that the bracket system wasn't implemented, I feel no desire to pvp now. So OP, def feel your frustration. It's one thing to deal with it in beta like we did..it's another to deal with it at launch. Big mistake by BW imo.

Even non 50's there is gear you can get for or from pvp'ing. At levels 20 and 40. I found them at the fleet station. I havent faced any level 50's but I was 16 and was up against 38's at one point and was not simply mowed over. I had a fighting chance against one. But as I said have no clue on facing level 50's.

Even non 50's there is gear you can get for or from pvp'ing. At levels 20 and 40. I found them at the fleet station. I havent faced any level 50's but I was 16 and was up against 38's at one point and was not simply mowed over. I had a fighting chance against one. But as I said have no clue on facing level 50's.

Yes there is gear for lower levels. Thats not a huge difference. The real discrepancy is the skill set between lower levels and higher levels. Esp when your talking 15 versus 50.

as a Ops i took down 2 lvs 50 at lv 22 in hutball so the bolster works for me(also the expertise pot) their damage is relative the same as mine with bolster but it was my cc and heals that pulled it in my favor. In any case id say is the skill set and talents is what gives lv 50 players that edge and of course if they had pvp gear but id say 10-25, 26-49 and 50 brackets would work best. I think the no brackets is cause the pvp is on your own server only and not cross server.