Legacy Characters as Companions

Ben_Vox

• 3 years later...
Yes, I want to have the characters of the legacy as companions.

It would give more reason to really spend time developing and playing w/ each character in the legacy if you know that they could accompany your current character during your adventure, not just your main & AI companion.

(eg; have your Trooper accompanied by your Jedi Knight, or your Bounty Hunter accompanied by your Agent, etc)

I imagine my Consular & Smuggler would make quite an interesting combo together on the field in battle.

Heck, imagine the kind of RPing that could happen between your characters. Really would make it more of a personal unique story, and might even make KOTFE & KOTET more interesting having one character be the Outlander, and calling in some favours from other characters in the Legacy to join the Alliance. Or imagine if only one was the Outlander and the others became jealous and wanted to make a play of their own for the Eterrnal Throne...

Edited by Moodymanta

It would give the entire legacy system more meaning, especially if the Legacy Characters have a specific stat boost depending on the character you are playing on. For example, a spouse would add a stat boost to defensive abilities because you fight more cautious as to not loose them (relationship wise speaking). A brother would for example boost presence etc etc. It would not only give much more meaning to the family tree system in Legacy, but also add an entirely new part to the game.

I have posted couple of times this idea as well. Would love to see it. Would also love if your story would progress for other legacy characters as well.

I don`t want to play entire game twice just becouse i want Imperial Agent Operative and Imperial Agent Sniper both as light side characters for example.

But i also don`t want my dark siders hanging peacefully with my lightsiders. And i don`t want my Imperial light siders to hang out with my Republic lightsiders before Shadow of Revan.

That way people don`t have to play KOTFE multiple times in exactly the same way just to get every character trough it. Pretty sure most people only want to play it trough once as light side and once as dark side.

This really should be done ASAP and everyone should have ability to do it. I suggest adding in new mission where your legacy characters meet and join together into "Legacy alliance". It would just be short mission that would chronologically be in place between Shadow of Revan and Rise of the Hutt Cartel, but everyone would have change to play it even if they have already completed KOTFE so everyone gets explanation for why their legacy characters can suddenly be used as companions.

Edited by TheRomanRuler

Giving mechanical bonuses to certain companions goes completely against the 4.0 Companion design philosophy (where, mechanically, any companion is as good as any other, so you can feel free to use any companion).

That having been said, I fully endorse the original suggestion.

Giving mechanical bonuses to certain companions goes completely against the 4.0 Companion design philosophy (where, mechanically, any companion is as good as any other, so you can feel free to use any companion).

That having been said, I fully endorse the original suggestion.

I would say it actually supports 4.0 companion design philosophy. Before we could only use some companions or we would be forced to use them on bad role. But after 4.0 we can use everyone becouse everyone can be used in any role.

I would say it actually supports 4.0 companion design philosophy. Before we could only use some companions or we would be forced to use them on bad role. But after 4.0 we can use everyone becouse everyone can be used in any role.

Exactly. I was just pointing out that giving mechanical bonuses for using "legacy" companions would be against this philosophy.

I am so for this. This would actually help with KOTFE. Then you can pick 1 main hero, and pick as many toons as companions to join in, then lets say you go to do the Havok mission and you bring along the Trooper as you're the say JC, Jorgan recognizes the Trooper and you get that dialog along with your main hero.

Also in chapter 13 there are times where you get one main companion, then the other companion follows along as a combat pet for lack of a better term. Really wish we got more of this.

Have it so you could only pick alts that hadn't been through the KotFE story, and have it lock them out that content, otherwise you get more than one outlander in the same universe, but then they get to share the rep with the 4 alliance peeps.

When I saw my own character from HK's perspective in the bonus chapter, I was reminded of this suggestion and others like it (e.g. have our characters be decorations for our strongholds). Several of my legacy characters are related, two even married, and it would be pretty darn great to have them have scenes together, or even have them as full-time companions.

Alas, technological complications probably make it impossible or at least unfeasible. (Like, they'd have to be separate entities for every character, with separate armors, weapons, etc.)

Have it so you could only pick alts that hadn't been through the KotFE story, and have it lock them out that content, otherwise you get more than one outlander in the same universe, but then they get to share the rep with the 4 alliance peeps.

Nah, that disincentivizes KOTFE, plus punishes people that already played it with characters that they want to run together. The locked crates are legacy bound, so you can already semi-share the rep anyway (by using multiple toons to farm heroics for the KOTFE character, pushing them all to 20 rapidly).

Just let anyone in your legacy tree run together as companions. It would be amazing.

Nah, that disincentivizes KOTFE, plus punishes people that already played it with characters that they want to run together. The locked crates are legacy bound, so you can already semi-share the rep anyway (by using multiple toons to farm heroics for the KOTFE character, pushing them all to 20 rapidly).

Just let anyone in your legacy tree run together as companions. It would be amazing.

Indeed. Preferably have some story added into it, like some meeting where you choose and meet your other legacy characters and discuss with them about situation in galaxy.

This is a great idea, would love to use this and i'm betting most players would prefer this than the ones we are given. Personally I don't much care for the appearance of ANY comps (that includes ones gained from KotFE Alliance missions) and the limited aesthetic customization...come to think of it I don't much care for their opinions too when I make a decision but that's just me :p

i really wonder what it would take for this idea to reach BW designers?

because here i think we are just talking to ourselves and hardly anything that goes on here gets anywhere.

having the lead designers to come to the suggestions forum and at least comment the most popular ideas every now and then would go a long way to make players feel heard and appreciated for more then just the money they spend on the game.