Scamper in PVP

Varatras

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you roll an operative and try scampering from one side of the map to the other, and see how much energy it costs before suggesting an increase?

Doubtless operatives CAN roll from one end of the map to the other, but what are they going to do once they reach the other end? Nothing other than their basic free attack. He will not be able to kill anyone.

What then are you complaining about?

just watched an imp agent by the name of Ushavev use the new agent/smuggler ability to run from one side of the zone to another. This really need some sort of cooldown or it's cost increased. that is all.

Sure! And nerf maras fury/predation refresh rate. And snipers stealth detection, and assasins phase walk cooldown... and jugger saber reflect ofc! :rolleyes:

Why don't you roll an operative and try scampering from one side of the map to the other, and see how much energy it costs before suggesting an increase?

^this :)

Edited by Glower

Even talented, it still eats about a quarter of your energy. So you aren't going to have the juice you need to take out that node defender/attacker, no matter how quickly you get to him.

It's still a gamechanger in ACW or Hypergates, where getting to a node to interrupt caps can win or lose games.

I'm not saying take it away. I think the ability is funny and good for them for getting something resembling a gap closer. Plus with the new stealth detection they need a way to close in quickly against snipers, plus as mentioned it's very energy intensive so spamming it only has limited applications.

Edit: I'm NOT saying take it away. One missed 3 letter word can change the whole meaning of a post =)

Edited by ArchangelLBC

It's still a gamechanger in ACW or Hypergates, where getting to a node to interrupt caps can win or lose games.

I'm saying take it away. I think the ability is funny and good for them for getting something resembling a gap closer. Plus with the new stealth detection they need a way to close in quickly against snipers, plus as mentioned it's very energy intensive so spamming it only has limited applications.

I cant tell if you like them having the ability or want it removed and this confuses me.

Can they still just jump at the right time, and triple the distance?

I tried to jump but nothing happens. :rak_02:

yes, or jump off a ledge and fly 4x as far.

yeah.. but how about flat surfaces?

Edited by Glower

Can they still just jump at the right time, and triple the distance?

No, they fixed this. I have tried several times to see if it still works and have been completely unsuccessful. It looks like they added a little delay at the end of the roll that messes up with the jumping exploit that was on the PTS.

The only time we get any extra roll distance is off a ledge, and even then it's risky and can bug.

To the OP and anyone else, this ability pretty much just makes us the faster node capers... Before us it was Force Speed or Transcendence... So stop complaining, the whole purpose of 2.0 was to change things up in PvP. For this ability to be spammed it requires us to use all of our energy and then we are basically useless.

No, they fixed this. I have tried several times to see if it still works and have been completely unsuccessful. It looks like they added a little delay at the end of the roll that messes up with the jumping exploit that was on the PTS.

The only time we get any extra roll distance is off a ledge, and even then it's risky and can bug.

To the OP and anyone else, this ability pretty much just makes us the faster node capers... Before us it was Force Speed or Transcendence... So stop complaining, the whole purpose of 2.0 was to change things up in PvP. For this ability to be spammed it requires us to use all of our energy and then we are basically useless.

Having zero resource left doesn't stop you from capping a node before anyone else

I'd hate to see what would happen if someone dud scamper+transcendence

Scamper is obviously a necessary gap closer but I think it needs like a 6 second cd long enough to prevent spamming but short enough to always be available when the operative needs to escape/gap close

just watched an imp agent by the name of Ushavev use the new agent/smuggler ability to run from one side of the zone to another. This really need some sort of cooldown or it's cost increased. that is all.

No, this is all, there are WAYYY more important things that need fixing than something this petty...

Having zero resource left doesn't stop you from capping a node before anyone else

I'd hate to see what would happen if someone dud scamper+transcendence

Scamper is obviously a necessary gap closer but I think it needs like a 6 second cd long enough to prevent spamming but short enough to always be available when the operative needs to escape/gap close

12m/6m if slowed on 6sec (even on 1 sec!) vs snipers 18m/30 levels of stealth detection?.. nice gap closer lol

Also, i think there is a 0.5sec delay before next Scamper... Or its just my, lol.