Pay-to-Patch...-to--Play? Hmmm

Rizkill

Serious question: Who really considers this previously announced free patch an expansion? With every expansion I've ever bought in ANY MMO, there was the included level cap increase (granted its a less than one day grind to max out compared to others that took multiple days at least), new area to explore (1/10th the size, if that, of any other MMO's expansion content release and new end-game content.... Scum and Villainy... oh and "new" level appropriate FP's and the same OPS we've had... that came out in patches. Now what have we missed to call it an expansion?

New Races: EVERY EXPANSION I've ever played has them

Expanded Classes/New Classes: These changes add new reasons to level, and every great expansion Ive played had this.

Polishing previous content: A good expansion leaves previous content polished and refined to prevent stangle holds while leveling to said new content

New PvP areas: Not even 1? No new WZ's? Total gear override (Yet again) bolstering etc... but nowhere new to do it... oh and pre-season ranked usually means a ranked season is coming up.... Usually expansion material

Expanded areas of game play: One small play area does not cut it for an expansion. Saying well, you get to go back and play on some of the areas of previous planets that we re-skinned a bit... Unless meteors showered upon the planet and make it completely different, it's not "new" content.

Events: Memorable events that kick off the launch of it, not a small daily event to introduce something like reputation.

Feel free to add to the list, but to call this an expansion is a joke. To charge for a patch (previously announced), which would be a nice patch that would keep Subs coming back for more is ridiculous. To add further insult to a majority by doing an early release is even worse. I add that because there are people (FTP) who've given $20 max for the expansion during the early release promo and get to enjoy it, and not long term subs with CE games and that have supported this product. But that's a separate rant all together.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoy this new expansion.

/Signed.

As for the thread topic....the unprofessional complaining by the OP... not so much. :rolleyes: If you don't like it.. fine, don't play it. . Why the OP feels the need to prosecute their personal displeasure in the forum eludes me.

If your enjoying it, why are you here? The irony that I'm trolling trolls is quite amusing though. Trolling has become an integral enjoyment of this game for most because of the way BW does things I guess. It's only 10 bucks, for subs, is correct, but again, its a patch, for 10 bucks, for subs.....

To charge for a patch (previously announced), which would be a nice patch that would keep Subs coming back for more is ridiculous.

Protip: the patch.. the patch is free. The expansion content that goes beyond the patch.. that costs real money. ;)

To add further insult to a majority by doing an early release is even worse. I add that because there are people (FTP) who've given $20 max for the expansion during the early release promo and get to enjoy it, and not long term subs with CE games and that have supported this product. But that's a separate rant all together.

Dude.. if it's a separate rant.. why did you include it with this rant?

And I can see now what your core issue is... you were too cheap to buy the expansion pack early and are feeling hurt by being locked out of early access. Did you learn anything from this experience? ... like maybe take responsibility for your own choices.... or maybe... buy early next time??

Oh, and for being a supporting subscriber.... you get the expansion for half price. ;)

Edited by Andryah

I don't think the $10 effects some of these people because it wasn't their money, so they don't see that it's only "$10" and a great deal for what you get. They expect since its called an expansion, that it has to be as big as a new game.

If your enjoying it, why are you here? The irony that I'm trolling trolls is quite amusing though. Trolling has become an integral enjoyment of this game for most because of the way BW does things I guess. It's only 10 bucks, for subs, is correct, but again, its a patch, for 10 bucks, for subs.....

I don't think you understand what you think you understand.

I understand it completely, this is a patch at most with a half assed attempt at an expansion. I've already purchased everything, payed the same as everyone else, bought it when it came out. Doesn't change the way I think about the lackluster product put forth and the way they did it.

I understand it completely, this is a patch at most with a half assed attempt at an expansion. I've already purchased everything, payed the same as everyone else, bought it when it came out. Doesn't change the way I think about the lackluster product put forth and the way they did it.

paid*

Glad you're enjoying the expansion. See you in game!

Not saying you won't. Thanks for correcting me btw, hate missing those while typing rants :rak_03:. I don't see how anyone can blame me for expressing the want for more. I'm sure you all would like it too. At least it's constructive and has suggestions, unlike many posts that get thrown on here. It just doesn't add up to overused one liners in response to thoughtful posts I guess.

I've already purchased everything, payed the same as everyone else, bought it when it came out. Doesn't change the way I think about the lackluster product put forth and the way they did it.

The above statement implies you purchased before the Jan 7 deadline for early access.

Then.....maybe... just maybe... you should be getting Kemryylt, Renlen, or Shakirra past level 50 then. ;)

Or has the Jung Ma server been down for two days or something? Or is it that you are not one who can work the game and the forum content at the same time? Or were you just trolling for attention? :D

Edited by Andryah

As far as I know, no other MMOs have fully voiced stories in which players make decisions. Most people who play this game are playing it because of that distinction...that and being Star Wars. If they had taken the average 2-2.5 years to release a full sized expansion, I think people would drop off much faster between now and then. I know I got so bored out of my skull during the 10 months in which there was not one single update to WoW before Mists of Pandaria was released that I unsubbed for the first time in years.

Smaller, less expensive updates more frequently is fine with me.

I'm expressing general opinion on a general forums of what I would like to have seen and what I disagree with happening. Mine processed late so I'm stuck till Sunday with them all one exp from 51. I'm not asking for people to come on here and argue with me, I could care less if they do or do not, I'm throwing something out there, simple and plain. So this isn't trolling for pleasure like most do (multi-taskers they call themselves) I'm using forums how theyre designed to work.

I agree... and I think it is the way the MMO market is headed.... because it makes sense and works well in the flexible access business models that more and more MMOs are running under. It also works better with today's generally impatient and hypercritical player base.

Edited by Andryah

As far as I know, no other MMOs have fully voiced stories in which players make decisions. Most people who play this game are playing it because of that distinction...that and being Star Wars. If they had taken the average 2-2.5 years to release a full sized expansion, I think people would drop off much faster between now and then. I know I got so bored out of my skull during the 10 months in which there was not one single update to WoW before Mists of Pandaria was released that I unsubbed for the first time in years.

I get what your saying and agree to a point. In-game events and smaller content in planned patches (OPS, new FPS, WZs) would satisfy a majority I think enough to plan for the year long wait of a big, game changing expansion. I do love the game, I just think a different strategy would keep people interested longer. One new ops will keep people going for months, a new WZ has been keeping PvPers happy for a while now. Keeping the small stuff coming for free to subs, and releasing an amazing expansion would be awesome imo.