The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 04: Shaak Ti vs. Luminara Unduli

Aurbere

Shaak Ti died in 3BBY. That was 16 years after Order 66 was issued.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it was a guess :D

Oh, and sorry to COMPLETELY go off topic, but Beni, when the hell is the next instalment of the Traya fanfic coming? :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sad thing is since the movies are still the highest lvl of cannon i actually have more of a problem with the newer series being cannon then the older series for several reasons

1. ahsoka ..... where is she in episode 3 if she was so important to anakin and obi why was she never mentioned.

2. darth maul still being alive..... windu said specifically at the end of episode one that he was destroyed not to mention from the way the movie was shot he was dead from shock before he hit the ground you dont go into shock and get no immediate medical attention and survive. the fact that windu said he was destroyed and that there was no doubt he was a sith implies that they actually went and examined his body thus any incarnation of him being alive after episode 1 is in direct conflict with the events of episode 1 no matter what contrived plot device (aside from cloning) they come up with.

3. Every thing that happened in the original clone wars especially towards the end left off imidiately where episode 3 takes place including the claim that GG was trained by dooku the kid napping of palp, the fact that obi and ani were away when they got the call to return and it even explains how GG got damadged to be coughing the entirety of episode 3.

so pretty much with the new series being canceled with WAAAAAY to many unawnsered questions as to what happened to prominent characters and why they never appeared in the movies or were even mentioned. along with its straight GAPEING plot holes that straight contradict the actual movies its hard for me to actually look at it as cannon sure its a good show, but i seriously have to forget it has anything to do with the movies if i want to watch it.

oh and forgot to mention 1 more thing on maul..... he was palp's apprentice if he survived there would have been no reason for him to move on to dooku with out first killing maul it makes no sense for him to immidiatly choose a new apprentice if he already has one.

The current TCW series is not yet finished. All loose ends will be tied up before it is officially over. We will know Ahsoka's fate. Plot holes will be filled as well. Also, Ahsoka was never mentioned in the third film because she had not yet been created. It is very possible that when she left the Order at the end of season five that she was never heard from, therefore no reason for Anakin or Kenobi to mention her during the actual film.

Maul I think will be killed off for good. Again, his fate will be one of those we learn about before the actual end of the series. The show is canon, much more so than the original series. When the new TCW is done it will pretty much render the original non-canon entirely.

Back on topic. I am surprised more people are not chiming in on this battle. Luminara and Shaak Ti do have a pretty big fanbase. I love both characters. Would be ashame to see this battle end so quickly and in such a lopsided manner. Then again, Shaak Ti is just that kriffing awesome. :D

Edited by Kilikaa

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it was a guess :D

Oh, and sorry to COMPLETELY go off topic, but Beni, when the hell is the next instalment of the Traya fanfic coming? :D

Don't hold your breath... I'm actually writing right now but it will be a while until it's finished. This one is a lot more complex and likely longer.

Meh, it was a guess, but I must ask.... Where are you getting this from? I mean, I'm no aubere (Beni :D) but 17 minimum for me, judging by the fact that star killer was found a couple years after the Jedi purge if I'm not mistaken...

(Although someone else posted the reason already...)

Because Starkiller helped form the Rebel Alliance, and the Rebel Alliance was in full swing in A New Hope, 19 years after Revenge of the Sith. Therefore The Force Unleashed must be at least two years before A New Hope, if not earlier. I guess seventeen because Starkiller doesn't look much older than that, and he was already at least three when Vader found him.

Then just put part one up :p

I'll post mine if you post yours ;)

would, but that's not my style. I often go back and make changes to earlier chapters as the story evolves. But I will get it out as soon in possible, in fact, I'll double my efforts! :D

P.S. I'd love to read your fanfic, what's it about?

would, but that's not my style. I often go back and make changes to earlier chapters as the story evolves. But I will get it out as soon in possible, in fact, I'll double my efforts! :D

P.S. I'd love to read your fanfic, what's it about?

I've really been wanting to get back into the Brianna vs Visas one i started so long ago, but had to give up after like part 3 due to "RL" getting in the way :p

If i do decide to get back into it (Likely at this point) it'll be re-written for an upgrade (It was my first ff, not too good ^^) and id probably have to go back and state why the exile would still be in the galaxy, etc.....

Ill try get it up by the end of the weekend :p

Oh and Aubere, id really want to argue Unduli, but its incredibly close even in my head, and im sure the rest of you would find faults in it all :p

But dont worry, i still wave the unduli flag :rak_03:

To be honest, the only real strategy i can think of is:

Unduli and Shak Ti weave in and out of the Jedi Temple rooms, and libraries.

From time to time, Unduli would flee, to another side of the temple to set up a trap, and whilst preparing to ambush Ti, she would use her healing abilities to heal any wounds left from the battle.

Ti would likely see the trap coming, and probably wouldnt be harmed by it too much, but the over-time wearing down by Unduli would eventually bring her to her knees...

Far fetched i know, but its the argument that requires the least effort to type :p

Aurbere, who was replaced by Unduli?

Darth Tenebrous. Not exactly my best choice lol. :D

And Selenial, you don't have to worry about making an argument for Unduli. While your argument was good, there are several flaws to point out. Specifically Ti's ability to know the environment very clearly through her montrals, and her ability to sneak up on other Jedi.

This wasn't the best match-up, but I felt it would be close. Guess I was wrong on that. I probably should have read TFU again before posting this. :o

This wasn't the best match-up, but I felt it would be close. Guess I was wrong on that. I probably should have read TFU again before posting this. :o

Meh, either way I see this round as mostly a sieve, keeping the most powerful for one bracket, and allowing the lesser to experience more balanced duels with characters of similar prowess...

While your argument was good, there are several flaws to point out.

Oh dont worry, i know. I just wanted it to not be unanimous :p

Edited by Selenial

Meh, either way I see this round as mostly a sieve, keeping the most powerful for one bracket, and allowing the lesser to experience more balanced duels with characters of similar prowess...

Oh dont worry, i know. I just wanted it to not be unanimous :p

There's going to be other match-ups like this. Round 1 will cull the weaker ones and allow the strong to test themselves. I look at this one as more of a break. I think everyone deserved it after the debate that was Plagueis vs. Vitiate.

Next one should be good though.

And saying she NEARLY beat Galen is not fair, she had been studying on felucia, (pretty much training the entire time to protect herself from vader) for a good 20-30 years (I'm guessing). If Unduli wasn't killed healing the clones, I wouldn't say it's beyond her to have gotten that far too.....

Yes but she didn't survive Order 66. So Ti has an additional 18/19 years of experience on top of her time as a Jedi Master. The fact that when she died she did so in a flash of blue light, implied she had become one with the light side of the Force. Or whatever. This would greatly aid her concentration and Force abilities.

Shaak Ti is simply a more powerful master of the Force.

Yes but she didn't survive Order 66. So Ti has an additional 18/19 years of experience on top of her time as a Jedi Master. The fact that when she died she did so in a flash of blue light, implied she had become one with the light side of the Force. Or whatever. This would greatly aid her concentration and Force abilities.

16 years, Beni, 16. ;)

So Aurbere, is the next round going to involve Zannah? Please let it involve Zannah! I am looking forward to her first match-up over anyone else. :D

Kazdan Paratus died in the same flash of light (not to the same degree). Not sure what the point is, but it's true, and he wasn't extraordinarily powerful. Shaak Ti's flash was much greater, however.

I do agree that Shaak Ti is simply more powerful, though.

We'll go until a final match or, let's suppose, the best 8 will join the ones you considered "unanymities", like Sidious, Yoda, Windu and others that are not listed?

Sidious will never be apart of this, and Mace and Yoda are highly unlikely candidates.

The reason I replaced a few combatants was because there just wasn't enough information on them to constitute a proper debate.

YAY! Just don't put her up against Bane. We know how that one turned out all ready. :p lol

To be honest, I don't know who she'll be fighting yet. I have her slotted already, but I might rearrange some things.

In regards to Bane. Trust me, he won't enjoy his match.

Sidious will never be apart of this, and Mace and Yoda are highly unlikely candidates.

The reason I replaced a few combatants was because there just wasn't enough information on them to constitute a proper debate.

But if you get the best of your list, I think we would have a good clash with all of them. It's not like people will always give victory to Sidious or Yoda. At least I won't. But I think you did right to keep the big guys out, but as I said they could join with the best ranked of your list.

She was trained as a Guardian, master of Form 3 and had some skill with Shien/Djem So. So its the other way around actually.

Look here:

Aside from her mastery of the Force, Shaak Ti was well versed in several forms of lightsaber combat. Considered one of the finest swordswomen of the era, her colleagues regarded her as one of the most cunning warriors of the day. A practitioner of both the Makashi and Ataru forms, Ti was described as being incredibly gracefully, a trait that was amplified by her exotic pigmentation and coloring. While Ti preferred these two forms, she was well trained in all of the standard forms, utilizing Jar'Kai techniques during the Great Jedi Purge and wielding dual blades. Infusing her weapon with the Force, she would throw her enemy off their feet by plunging her sabers into the ground and sending Force tremors through the soil. Easily fighting in crowds, Ti was aided in clearly perceiving her surroundings by the hollow spaces in her cranial horns, or montrals. Gathering information ultrasonically, they allowing her to speed up her movements faster and with more accuracy than most other Jedi.

That's where I get that Shaak Ti is an expert duelist (linked from Wookieepedia). Now I did find this...

Trained as a Guardian, Luminara Unduli possessed power that very few Jedi were able to overcome. She had amazing lightsaber skills, as she was a master of Form III and had some skill in Form V. Not only were her lightsaber skills superb, but she had also trained herself to become so incredibly flexible that she could easily twist to evade almost any attack that she did not block with her green lightsaber.

So Luminara is a better fighter than I had given her credit for. I believe now that it would be a more even fight, but I still hold that Shaak Ti is a better fighter and could overcome her in an all-out person-versus-person duel, not using their environment. For example, if the fight took place in the Grand Hall of the Jedi Temple, which has very minimal obstacles save for pillars and a few statues, Ti would likely overcome Unduli through a combination of resilience and adaption. Like if Luminara was blocking Ti's use of Ataru with Soresu, Ti would just switch to Makashi, and continue to switch until Luminara wore out. But if it were taking place in the smaller side-halls of the Temple; the gardens, the Room of a Thousand Fountains, the library, and so on, Luminara would likely use her agility and defense abilities to eventually out-maneuver and trick Ti.

But I've always been partial to Shaak Ti, so I'm going to say she wins just based on personal preference and opinion.

Look here:

That's where I get that Shaak Ti is an expert duelist (linked from Wookieepedia). Now I did find this...

A fine swordswoman yes, but that doesn't mean she is an expert it says she is well versed in saber combat. But anyway, her ability in The Force(which is her main strength and what her primary study is) will give her the edge she needs here.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

A fine swordswoman yes, but that doesn't mean she is an expert it says she is well versed in saber combat. But anyway, her ability in The Force(which is her main strength and what her primary study is) will give her the edge she needs here.

Look again: it says she's considered one of the finest duelists in the Order. I even bolded it.