Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Going to try again - Please let us turn in our WH/EWH

FourPawnBenoni

Going to repost this...I think most of the Kool-aid drinkers out there didn't realize that their EWH was going to be completely worthless and better off naked which is why it didn't get many responses. However, I knew that due to EA history they would fail on bolster which makes this request even more relevant.

Short story - you just released a new gear level a few months ago. You've now rendered it useless. The least you can do is give us some trade in value to reclaim those coms we spent.

Original post - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=615976

While I respect your opinion this follows every other "expansion" in MMOs path of new gear. There is no trade in for prior work done. It is in essence a way to level the playing field again for new players or characters.

Given the aforementioned there is no way that allowing a trade in is plausible it would not level the playing field per say. You can slam people that disagree but it should be no surprise to anyone and once the expansion got close there is no point in spending your coms on upgrades.

Gear in an MMO becomes outdated when the level cap increases.

In a related story, the sky is blue. News at 11.

Couple points; 1.) Most responsible companies don't outdate the gear within 3-4 months. 2.) The level cap increase was completely unnecessary for PVP. My point is proven by the fact that you can now pvp naked. 3.) The war zone provides the same exact experience now as it did before.

Please lay off the Kool aid. This was a money grab disguised by low quality , bug ridden content that will be boring in 2 weeks. It doesn't even have replay value since its the same for all classes.

Couple points; 1.) Most responsible companies don't outdate the gear within 3-4 months.

waaaaah give me new content and faster character progression

waaaaah my old gear is useless why did you have to give me faster character progression

Gear in an MMO becomes outdated when the level cap increases.

In a related story, the sky is blue. News at 11.

Dude, seriously - I've seen so many people QQing about how their gear is going to be useless, and I'm like "duh."

I didn't play SWG but a lot of people in this game did - and SWG was the only MMO they've played otherwise so maybe the whole concept of an expansion pack and new levels and new gear are new to a lot of people...

I will get my new gear in new zones and replace the pvp gear as I get better I will wWarzone to get new pvp gear it's called the grind. You don't get freebee's even in Wow unless your a newbie DK and even they are mild blues and greens. (The same you would get from questing) Quest and get some replacement gear when you hit 55 you won't have full moded epics with augments you are in what we call a rebuilding phase. So do yourself a favor and rebuild.

I will get my new gear in new zones and replace the pvp gear as I get better I will wWarzone to get new pvp gear it's called the grind. You don't get freebee's even in Wow unless your a newbie DK and even they are mild blues and greens. (The same you would get from questing) Quest and get some replacement gear when you hit 55 you won't have full moded epics with augments you are in what we call a rebuilding phase. So do yourself a favor and rebuild.

You guys didn't read my original post where I explained the difference. In pve, you get new gear because there are higher level ops that require better gear to complete. However, in war zones there is no need for better gear because it is the same exact experience.

You don't understand - we did all that. We ground our azzes off.

Now it's been rendered worse than useless because of the bolster effect. Why bother doing it again at lvl 55? Who's to say this clusterfunk isn't working as intended?

You don't understand - we did all that. We ground our azzes off.

Now it's been rendered worse than useless because of the bolster effect. Why bother doing it again at lvl 55? Who's to say this clusterfunk isn't working as intended?

Not only that, but why grind again at 55 when they will likely render that gear obsolete in a few months if they continue the trend. I'm done with end game pvp, I'd like to level several alts to 55 but I will never be able to gear them as the gear ends up changing all the time.

This is the way of MMO's - you grind, you get to the best "thing," you grind again. Replace your gear, move on. If you want a game where you grind once and are done forever, play a regular RPG.

Just because "that's the way it's always been" doesn't make it right. The gear grind model is old. Plus, please refer to my previous points about how new gear isn't needed in war zones.

Ohmygaaad! Ohmygaaaad! I'm no longer max lvl and my gear is no longer the best gear in the game! Quickly, quickly! Let me trade the old gear for the best gear there is! Now! Help! Help! Yesterday I was the king, how comes that I'm the jester today? I have a right to be king! Give! Give! Give! Want! Want! Want! I want to automatically expand with the expansion! Edited by Cretinus

Ohmygaaad! Ohmygaaaad! I'm no longer max lvl and my gear is no longer the best gear in the game! Quickly, quickly! Let me trade the old gear for the best gear there is! Now! Help! Help! Yesterday I was the king, how comes that I'm the jester today? I have a right to be king! Give! Give! Give! Want! Want! Want! I want to automatically expand with the expansion!

Another person on the Kool-aid that doesn't address any of the points

Honestly, no game I know of lets you 'trade in' your old PvP gear for things that would benefit you at the new max level after an expansion/season change. It's just how it is. I guess the people who didn't realize their WH/EWH would be useless at 55 have less experience with this than others?

I personally stopped grinding for gear when they announced the X-pac date.

i think the biggest issue is that wearing your WH gear gives you a disadvantage as it gives worse stats then playing nakedor in any other gear. If you use a bolster, why not make gear absolete and give everone the same stats regardless of gear? I'm not saying i have the answer, i just think having good gear should not be a disadvantage.

Just because "that's the way it's always been" doesn't make it right. The gear grind model is old. Plus, please refer to my previous points about how new gear isn't needed in war zones.

The reason it's that way is because most people need an objective to work towards to keep them interested. If there isn't something newer and better to go for the game will grow stale for most and die.

Real pvpers play to win and have fun and for some comms so they can buy wz medpacks and adrenals. They dont give a damn about gear. For all I care give conqueror gear to all for free. In fact it will give more time to spend on the real issues of pvp such as class balance, new warzones, cross server warzones, ladder systems, etc. A lot of the best pvpers in my server are leaving cause 2.0 brings nothing more than gear grinding to pvp. And doing it for the nth time gets kind of massively boring. You still want gear grinding? Well you are either a new to pvp or a pver at heart. Makeb and the new ops/fps are your options, and very nice indeed they are.

New gear isnt that hard to get to justify exchange, old gear didn't take so long to obtain either.

We knew about patch since december 2012, and was on PTS since late feb. If you didn't max out comms, it's your own fault.

Real pvpers play to win and have fun and for some comms so they can buy wz medpacks and adrenals. They dont give a damn about gear. For all I care give conqueror gear to all for free. In fact it will give more time to spend on the real issues of pvp such as class balance, new warzones, cross server warzones, ladder systems, etc. A lot of the best pvpers in my server are leaving cause 2.0 brings nothing more than gear grinding to pvp. And doing it for the nth time gets kind of massively boring. You still want gear grinding? Well you are either a new to pvp or a pver at heart. Makeb and the new ops/fps are your options, and very nice indeed they are.

A real PvPer; it's about the competition and the integrity of the battles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.