Petition to get everyone early access

Oshbac

Yeah, let's screw public perception of the game, or the potential marketing benefits of having an early access incentive attached to additional sales of the expansion after the end of Q4 so that we can pad the numbers for investors at the end of this one quarter...

SWTOR needs every bit of good publicity it can get - an extra incentive as part of the pre-ordering the expansion would have been an extra bit of good marketing, and was simply a missed opportunity. That people like you are trying to justify it as some good thing is hilarious.

Oh please - I don't even have any level capped characters, despite having had the game since launch, and so lack of access to that content doesn't bother me in the slightest. I play off and on, when it suits me, and pre-ordered the expansion when I decided I wanted to get it despite knowing about the early access cut-off date. I can still call Bioware out on making a poor decision with regard to the cut-off date, despite the best efforts of apologists such as yourself.

Hmm, strangely enough -- there's a minority of people complaining over this. So clearly, that means it's bad publicity. . . .

Give me a break. There are most likely WAY more people who are happy with it than who are upset with it. You can't ever please everyone.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a difference between 1.5 years ago and now. The staggered release was to help with server load.

Now it does not matter as much.

Not true on the red eclipse the ability lag is really frustrating, so the server is overloaded and staggering would help. why do you think i am on the forums and not leveling my toon. It was just an idea for maybe the next expansion/paid content patch.

Hmm, strangely enough -- there's a minority of people complaining over this. So clearly, that means it's bad publicity. . . .

Give me a break. There are most likely WAY more people who are happy with it than who are upset with it. You can't ever please everyone.

If not bad publicity, it's not good publicity either - and I'm talking about the game being attractive to people coming into the game, not those who are already here. SWTOR has really struggled in this area, to the point where other games that have made the switch to F2P have used it to their advantage (Tera took several snipes at SWTOR's version when they switched, and the game itself is considered one of the worst implementations of a F2P system). A simple incentive, like Early Access, would have been nothing but good marketing and likely seen as an extension of goodwill from the company.

Instead, you have it described as a cash grab for Q4 to impress investors and/or a parent company.

Do you not see the problem with that?

What surprised me is that they didn't implement staggering release like the official launch.

Sure people needed to buy the game before a deadline, but "punishing" them for ordering later is a bit to harsh.

I would love to see a staggering launch like 1,5 year back, so everyone is happy and we don't have the discussion of posts like the op made(and also some trolling reactions by some).

Punishing? They aren't punishing anyone. What they are doing is rewarding those who supported the expansion early on. A lot of people whined about not wanting to buy the expansion when it went on sale. Some of us knew it would be worth the measly $10, so we ordered and now we get the reward that we were promised. Everyone else still gets to have the expansion... just on the official launch date. I fail to see the problem with this. They offered an incentive and let everyone know the cutoff. If you chose not to participate that is only your own fault.

Well..I didn't buy the expansion when they first announced it due to lack of info. Only ordered once Dulfy provided said info, and I am not bitter about it. ^^

Besides..I didn't want to take a chance that there might be a rollback due to emergency maintenance . ^^

Edit: Meant to say I wasn't bitter about not getting early access.

Edited by grombrinda
Additional info

So I waited to purchase the dlc. I didn't preorder before the 7th because I wanted to know more information about it. Half my guild is downloading the expansion and will be merrily swinging sabers and shooting blasters tonite. I'm ok with that. So I have to wait 5 days. Oh well. I made my choice and OP you made yours. Quit whining about it and accept that you didn't purchase it when you had the chance.

I was told the early access was for testing purposes to make sure the expansion is working properly and to make sure the server load is stable. If by April 10th there is no issue with the servers and the game content they should give access to everyone who has bought the game.

No and well, just no. As a company they made it quite clear that preordering the xpac on or before January 7th would grant one early access. If you didn't meet this criteria, no early access period. Going back on this with their customers would be suicidal no matter how much homies like you whine about it.

And no, I do not have early access. I don't care about early access but I sure am amused with all those crying about it.

I was told the early access was for testing purposes to make sure the expansion is working properly and to make sure the server load is stable. If by April 10th there is no issue with the servers and the game content they should give access to everyone who has bought the game.

You were miss-informed. It was clearly stated on the web site... acces to PTS for testing free for everyone... early access when the expansion was finished and released for people that pre-ordered. They couldn't have made it more clear. If you wanted early access you should have forked the 10 bucks over when they asked for it...

You were miss-informed. It was clearly stated on the web site... acces to PTS for testing free for everyone... early access when the expansion was finished and released for people that pre-ordered. They couldn't have made it more clear. If you wanted early access you should have forked the 10 bucks over when they asked for it...

QFT.

They set the commercial terms for early access last year. They gave you plenty of time to pre-order before the published deadline. If you did not meet the commercial terms of early access OP... tough cookies. Learn from your mistakes... for next time.

This petition will go about as far as the APAC petition to keep the APAC servers alive in APAC. In other words... nowhere.

Why to people make faux-petitions in gaming forums? If you really want to run a petition.. at least use a petition website and link it in your sig. Save some electrons on the forum. ;)

I'm keeping all of the cash. The sith children would be lucky that I don't make them eat Khem Val. Hmm... sounds like a good dish. I'll have a #1: khem val with egg roll and wonton soup. :t_cool:

Well at least Khem is a much leaner meal. Don't even have to prepare him. Just carve em hunks of jerky right from the bone.

Last time I checked, everyone had the opportunity for early access. If you didn't pre-order within the specified date limit you basically said "I don't want early access". Isn't it a little too late to change your mind?

Early access was a reward to people who did exactly as was specified (i.e. pre-order before the deadline) but because you didn't pre-order by the deadline you somehow feel entitled to early access?

Some days I fret for the future of the world...

Edited by Grayseven

I will sign this. People with early access are only there to shove it in your face, not to actually do anything positive for the release. Not many people play this game in the first place.

We're there to play the game. We paid for the privilege of starting early. It doesn't have anything to do with you or how you feel about it. If you wanted it, you could have paid like we did.

/signed

Everyone should be able to get early access.

That's actually technically not possible. If everyone got early access, then they would just change the release date and no one would have early access.

Since i bought the xpack on January 20th i also say that i deserve to get early access. Specially since they added that before Jan 7th rule AFTER i bought it on the 20th!!!

I WANT MY ACCESS NOWWWW ;p

They added teh jan 7 rule in December so well B4 you bought it. there goes your claim see ya in Makeb on sunday.

This is the first time I had heard this myself. Who told you this information?

I was told the early access was for testing purposes to make sure the expansion is working properly and to make sure the server load is stable.

As someone who pre-ordered during the window in which to get the early access, I personally do not care if everyone had access to it the same as I do. I knew I was going to be here this long so I paid. Some people are coming back, like the OP, to experience the new content and it's just odd the way they've split it up as an "exclusive perk". I'm assuming that the OP came back to the game and some of the friends he had originally never left. Therefore, they pre-ordered and he didn't so he has to wait. It's not the end of the world but I just can't recall any other additional content added after a release being handled like this. I have seen "pre-order by X date", which seems to have consisted of a few weeks for this deal. Normally what I see is, "pre-order up until X date" to receive the early access. This cut off of X date isn't 4 months before the release of something typically.

If I recall correctly, I didn't pre-order SWTOR until a week or so before it's release and was granted 5 day early access in that instance so I guess I was confused on why it was handled like this....this time. Please note, I'm not debating that this wasn't covered in detail because it most certainly was, I mean I pre-ordered myself...but I do not agree with how they went about it. Regardless, none of that matters anyways and it's only 5 days. It doesn't matter to me but it does matter to a lot of customers and that is what the debate is about here.

The only time I can recall confusion like this was with the Xbox 360 release. If you had pre-ordered before September then you had a shot at getting one but it wasn't a definite. If you had pre-ordered after September, it didn't release until November of that year, then you may not get one till after the FIRST of the year :eek:

F2P was to bring in more players, and revenue, for us subscribers to play with and keep the servers running. While it may only be 5 days, this thought process seems to not hold relevance at this point in the games life cycle for some reason. I just want the game to be successful and don't see how limiting the access because OP didn't pre-order in those 2-3 weeks helps it be that way. It's as if people want to rub others faces in the dirt and say "nah nah, I told you so. LULZ!"

I guess that stuff just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Sure, it's great to have access to this "special" perk but I in no way feel more entitled or special than those who aren't able to get in till the 14th that have pre-ordered at different times. In my history of pre-ordering, this is the first time I've seen it handled like this but maybe this is more common now?

TL;DR

/signed

Edited by Master_Nate

I understand the butthurt and jealousy that's happening here, but, that does not change the fact that the early access was an offer with multiple purposes.

Firstly, stagger server load for ease.

Secondly, reward those who have always had faith in this game and will pay for the content without even knowing much about it.

Thirdly, incentive to have other players invest as well.

Like all good offers, there is a deadline and one was already changed for the masses. The $10 purchase price was a limited offer that they extended forever.

That being said, this offer has already underway and to take away what has been given because a few people couldn't bother to get it before hand is an insult. You don't deserve it and you only want it because someone else does and you don't.

Maybe next time, you will do it right.