lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

Do you really think that many people would play a MMORPG with a monthly subscription fee for a long time without any possibility character progression after reaching max level?

Really?

Do you really think that people would spent hours doing the same 5 Warzones over and over again if all they ever got would be a screen in the end which says "DEFEAT" or VICTORY".

Or do you really think that people would spent hours every week farming the same OPS bosses if all they get would be repair costs?

Do you really believe that?

Remove meaningful endame gear progression from an MMORPG = remove all endgame character progression = slowly remove you customer base.

First off I've mostly been talking low level PvP, since that's what all this QQ is about. And I'm pretty sure almost no one gives a rats *** about any kind of gear grind in low level PvP. And don't worry they still have all those carrots for you at 55. And yes I believe most real pvpers will PvP that much just for the challenges of PvP. Just look at most people that do real ranked most have all the gear. They do it for the challenge and bragging rights.

Edited by Boch

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went in with EWH and had Expertise of 1350, went in with my PVE gear and my expertise went from 42 to 1806.

That was me heheh. Bonus damage was down very slightly. Aim, End and Expertise all went up and Alacrity went waaay up (I gained an extra 3.3% naked). I could get crit higher by playing with combinations of naked and gear.

I'd like to see someone's stats at the low end of the new +/- lvl 50 bracket. Do you gain even more from bolster at the low end?

Dear Bioware

Being able to rofflestomp faces in WZs naked is not enough come on guys we have too many abilities. Can't we just press like 1 button to do all the damage.

Well my smash build only takes about 3, so its pretty close lol. :D

Why bother? It's not as if this isn't EXACTLY the same stuff that was reported on the PTS.

Why start giving a damn now?

Oh Bioware.

im sory but whats the friggen point in "test" when such ridiculus issues have to go live before getting adressed?

the "meh" feeling one gets after each patch is getting booring real fast.

Oh gawd haha, i just tried my first WZ....

I must say im impressed by these"among the most experienced pvp devs in the world"...Warzones are now officially "blowing me away" just as much as Ilum was. GJ Devs!

Blizzard does not abandon gear on upgrades..you can still use it and compete.. EWH gear is trash as of today.. there is not even a trade in program to upgrade to the newer gear.. Why cant we trade EWH in for the low level 55 gear at least.. It has better stats..

I brought this up a long time ago, please support.http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=621715

1.) Just because "that's the way other games do it" isn't a valid argument.

2.) As pointed out, it goes far and beyond WoW

3.) How can anyone get alts ready if they have spend time regrinding?

4.) PvP is not PvE, no new gear required

5.) Grindng is not new content

Just tested with a lvl 32 lowbie in quest junk gear.

With gear:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/704154/Valor/lowbiebolster1.jpg

Without gear:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/704154/Valor/lowbiebolster2.jpg

As you can see, the stats improve slightly taking off the gear even with a lowbie. So it isn't just pvp gear with expertise that is throwing things out.

Edited by Jherad

And don't worry they still have all those carrots for you at 55. And yes I believe most real pvpers will PvP that much just for the challenges of PvP.

Thanks for the snarky answer.

So I assume you are that one in 1.000 players, who spends his time roleplaying in the cantina with green and blue gear - because "real players" do not need the "carrot" of a gear progression/grind, right?

God, I miss the WOW Armory, where I could have just looked up your equipment and see if you are really honest or just a hypocrite. So, all I can do is guess.

Edited by Arutar

First off I've mostly been talking low level PvP, since that's what all this QQ is about. And I'm pretty sure almost no one gives a rats *** about any kind of gear grind in low level PvP. And don't worry they still have all those carrots for you at 55. And yes I believe most real pvpers will PvP that much just for the challenges of PvP. Just look at most people that do real ranked most have all the gear. They do it for the challenge and bragging rights.

Can you define "low level" ??

As of pre 2.0 50 was the highest level, it's only added on 5 levels for those that have actually purchased the expansion. There are plenty of people who have not. I wouldn't exactly call 50 PvP low level.

There's still going to be loads of people playing the 50 bracket even after the 14th, the whole naked rubbish needs sorted asap.

Level 10 naked premades will be the bane of us all.

They need their own queue!!

Just tested with a lvl 32 lowbie in quest junk gear.

With gear:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/704154/Valor/lowbiebolster1.jpg

Without gear:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/704154/Valor/lowbiebolster2.jpg

As you can see, the stats improve slightly taking off the gear even with a lowbie. So it isn't just pvp gear with expertise that is throwing things out.

Bro...you call that junk gear! lol

I see blues, purples and oranges. Way too good mang. I'll try to snap a screenie during lunch of my ultimate greenie roll.

Edited by DarthOvertone

NEWSFLASH: GOING NAKED IS NOT THE BEST WAY TO GET HIGHER STATS IN 50 PVP.

I've been doing WZ as a 50 for the past 3 hrs and I'M HAVING A BLAST! Seriously this is some of the most fun, balanced pvp ever. No, I'm not being sarcastic. Yes, I removed all my WH/EWH mods gear etc, replaced with lvl 30 greens, but then i found some of my lvl 40+ gear was BETTER than the lvl 30 greens. I'm still experimenting but it's really trial and error at this point. Seriously guys stop QQing so much and l2adapt. Now even lowbies can use their same gear and be on par with lvl 50s. Why is that so bad?

First few WZ with new lolster and some findings

being completely naked with empty orange mainhand - 24k HP

being completely naked with ewh mainhand and offhand - 23.5k HP and extremely high damage

Haven't played with pve gear as I don't really have any but approx lvl30 guys were on 28k + HP. Risky encounter is not lvl50 player, but pvp vetaran running alt in pve equip.

Will consider re-sub once this will be somehow fixed and there will be at least some reward for lvl50 who decided to ignore this half baked "expansion".

Edited by Kyarc

They need their own queue!!

Bro...you call that junk gear! lol

I see blues, purples and oranges. Way too good mang. I'll try to snap a screenie during lunch of my ultimate greenie roll.

Just greens, blues and oranges, and the oranges are slotted with blues (mods obtained via comms on planets, not really up to date). No purples, I promise :)

Edited by Jherad

I've been doing WZ as a 50 for the past 3 hrs and I'M HAVING A BLAST! ...Yes, I removed all my WH/EWH mods gear etc, replaced with lvl 30 greens, but then i found some of my lvl 40+ gear was BETTER than the lvl 30 greens.

Interesting. I thought I had it dialed with the 30-ish greenie stuff. Also going to try augmenting the greens. I don't think augments get counted by Bolster at all so just give you a +plus stat. Will see.

I've been doing WZ as a 50 for the past 3 hrs and I'M HAVING A BLAST! Seriously this is some of the most fun, balanced pvp ever. No, I'm not being sarcastic. Yes, I removed all my WH/EWH mods gear etc, replaced with lvl 30 greens, but then i found some of my lvl 40+ gear was BETTER than the lvl 30 greens. I'm still experimenting but it's really trial and error at this point. Seriously guys stop QQing so much and l2adapt. Now even lowbies can use their same gear and be on par with lvl 50s. Why is that so bad?

That's not learning to 'adapt' that's playing in a bugtarded mess. Seriously, either all gear should be the same, or gear should be better if it has better stats. Not this 'find the lvl 35 green that unexpectedly boost your stats in warzones' crapshoot.