Hiting 50 - should I do it before or after the patch?

Comfterbilly

I apologize - I can't find anything about it - my op's about to hit 50 - do any of you know who are more familiar with the patch, if there is any substantial benefit to wating til the patch is done to hit the magic number?

Example, I know they give you the bag of recruit goodies now - does any of what you get at 50 change? What about the gear that is available to you? If I hit 50 now will the recruit bag and gear I buy be obsolete after the patch?

I apologize - I can't find anything about it - my op's about to hit 50 - do any of you know who are more familiar with the patch, if there is any substantial benefit to wating til the patch is done to hit the magic number?

Example, I know they give you the bag of recruit goodies now - does any of what you get at 50 change? What about the gear that is available to you? If I hit 50 now will the recruit bag and gear I buy be obsolete after the patch?

I'd recommend getting to 50 before tomorrow night so you can get a free set of Tionese and Recruit gear for your companions. After 2.0 goes live, you get NOTHING.

I'd recommend getting to 50 before tomorrow night so you can get a free set of Tionese and Recruit gear for your companions. After 2.0 goes live, you get NOTHING.

SO - you hit 50, start out with absolutely zero expertise, and they take diminishing returns out of expertise?

SO - you hit 50, start out with absolutely zero expertise, and they take diminishing returns out of expertise?

I think that despite bolster implementation in 2.0, the 30-54 PVP bracket will be overly brutal for those not already WH/EWH geared.

but the new bolter system is giving you more expertise than recruit gear. So it is not a loss.

but the new bolter system is giving you more expertise than recruit gear. So it is not a loss.

I think something like what the bolster system is is what I was posting to try to find out about. So what happens to your recruit level expertise levels under the bolster system?

I think that despite bolster implementation in 2.0, the 30-54 PVP bracket will be overly brutal for those not already WH/EWH geared.

On the PTS, people in PvE gear were being bolstered to same amount of expertise as people in full EWH gear.

So basically, WH/EWH was completely obsolete. No point in wearing it if you get the same amount (or more) of expertise in PvE gear.... Not to mention, you get more mainstat in PvE gear.

I am not sure if they changed that at some point, or will change that before it goes live. I got bored of the PTS a few weeks before it closed.

Edited by Radzkie

the free recruit / tionese is really handy if you're struggling killing the last boss on your final chapter 3 class quest. i tried 3 times on my slinger in his 43 blues and greens before i sloped off to fleet to get my stuff then came back and one shot him.

Plus tionese will be good enough to start Makeb with and it is free now so why not?

One other thing to consider is if you have a lot of rested xp, you will likely lose that if you hit 50 but you may be able to carry it over if you wait until 2.0 hits.

I have a consular about to hit 50 and not sure if the Tionese gear is worth the rested XP or not... I've only been playing that toon on the double XP weekends for the last month and would have a ton of rested XP logging out at level 49... Not sure if I would lose that if I ding 50 right before the patch.

The recruit gear is good for PvE too. For slot like implants, ear, relic, etc... they can tithe you over until you get better gear in the expansion.

Thats something most people forget. The 99 tio comms only get you 6 or 7 pieces(depending on what parts you get), but you have 14 slots.