"stun" big hitters

Tachenko_Yuri

They're OP. Someone must've whined that it gives unfair advantage to people able to handle the "ability bloat" ;]

I am annoyed with them leaving. They were seriously useful in PvE. Including questing, leveling, flashpoints and raiding!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I think it just blows. and there are plenty of far unused moves than this one that could be removed and no1 would even notice.
And what would those be?

I use three full toolbars on my sorceror. I use four for my jedi shadow, with legacy abilities (Legacy Lightning Storm, etc.) filling out the last toolbar. I think Tumult is the only ability I do not have keybound. I consider it useless. I even have the basic melee attack (for the sorceror) and Force Lift (for the shadow) bound; everything except Tumult.

- It does not work against any enemies I would ever actually bother to Mind Maze or stun when I am playing solo.

- The range requirement makes Tumult impractical for sorcerors and sages. I am not going to run into melee range for the equivalent of one free Shock against a controlled enemy.

- When I am tanking for a group, I do not often have the luxury of moving all the way into melee range to break CC and I never run out of energy anyway. I suppose I could imagine a scenario where I was in a flashpoint and the group wanted to take the time to use CC on silver enemies, and that our crowd control abilities would last until we were done fighting and then all the DPS would stand around patiently while I moved into melee range so I could break out one of the enemies with Tumult. Even then the global cooldown would be better spent on Project or Slow Time. Or Force Breach. Or Telekinetic Throw.

I guess darkness assassins might have a use for it. That would make it what, like the eighth most-used attack for a portion of the players (not the PvPers) in one of the six talent trees?

If you think BioWare should have just left them in the game and allowed most of us to continue ignoring them, that is fine. It is your prerogative. But let's be realistic - these abilities were not anyone's "most valuable asset."

These abilities are useless. You can do more damage with abilities that aren't restricted to stunned mobs. This is from a Darkness Sin. Now even if it did something like 8k damage...STILL useless. It can only be used on trash.

This makes it easier for them, it's not about ability bloat on our end. Plus it gives them a free animation to use for a new ability or something.

Let's be clear here. These abilities were -nothing- but "oh hey i'll use this for fun" abilities. Never used in serious play.

I agree that they seem useless on some AC's, like Sage. Though on my Sage I like to charge in to follow Project with Tumult and run away with force speed, that equals one dead weak and looks awesome. But not really usable in group content, agreed.

But with my Guardian tank, I will seriously miss my two hard hitters. Lots of trash groups have some strong or even weak enemies, and doing leap to strong one followed with opportune strike, then force sweep and hitting one weak mob with pommel strike, deals lots of damage and helps me in both HM FP's and dailies (BH with its couples of weak & strong mob is especially friendly to my opener). Useless in operations, but so are freezing force or that commando's stealth scan and they aren't removing these because PvP guys use them.

Somewhere else on these forums I read that they plan to rework these abilities and bring them back in some form, so I'll be patiently waiting.

Yeah not everybody hangs around in a warzone 24/7

Few people like to keep to the pve side of stuff and grinding credits for equipment off the GTN and stuff.

Sec.x and BH have trash a-plenty, which do require to be killed in order to advnace in quests, quests that weekly also give blackhole comms for'em.

Like it has been said in the thread, those moves could've just been left there, and ignored, or used, at the player's discretion. :)

I agree. It's silly to me.

The "People don't like seeing them on their quickbars" makes absolutely 0 sense to me.... If they don't want it on their quickbars, why not remove it from your quickbar.... the Dev's shouldn't have to remove them for you, effectively disabling it for the rest of us.

The "They're OP" makes no sense to me. First, Every class has one! And second, you can't even use them in PvP anyway.

This is just one more instance where they intentionally remove content and choice from the players, just like the armor designs being removed.

Edited by Swissbob

Somewhere else on these forums I read that they plan to rework these abilities and bring them back in some form, so I'll be patiently waiting.

Really? Do you think you could find out where/who? :rak_02:

I hadn't heard this before, if it's true then I'll be patiently waiting as well! ;)

Really? Do you think you could find out where/who? :rak_02:

I hadn't heard this before, if it's true then I'll be patiently waiting as well! ;)

It was a yellow BW reply in the PTS forum stating that they understand our disappointment over having our toys being taken away, but that they want to rework them and bring them back more powerful/meaningful.

PTS forum is closed and all threads removed, so unless someone made a screenshot that's all we have.

ETA: Google cache to the rescue: link.

Edited by KyaniteD

It's stupid. There are plenty other abilities people actually don't use at all. Like the very first one you get as a vanguard, that missile with little aoe splash. Or thrash for sorcerers. Why are they there?

What are the "fist" legacy abilities doing there?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

It was a yellow BW reply in the PTS forum stating that they understand our disappointment over having our toys being taken away, but that they want to rework them and bring them back more powerful/meaningful.

PTS forum is closed and all threads removed, so unless someone made a screenshot that's all we have.

ETA: Google cache to the rescue: link.

Awesome! Thanks for the link! :D

This is good news... but doesn't solve the problem.

It helps though. :p