Earlier moddable offhands for Republic

Delaoron

I'd like to point out that there's no 100% way to get an moddable off hand generator/focus/shield as Republic before a H2 on Tatooine (that's around lvl 24 I guess) while Empire players can do a H2+ on Dromund Kaas (around Lvl 13). It's kinda stupid to hope for a flashpoint or random drop when you want to use your Lvl 10 +41 x color crystal as soon as possible. Please change the rewards of one of the heroics on Coruscant to a moddable off hand or change the foci etc. you get when picking your advanced class from blue to orange. Dual wielder get an orange weapon too, not a blue one.

• 2 months later...

I fully concur why in blazes name do you offer so many chest pieces that are super ugly at that. You could easily fix this with one of the Heroic 2's, the face merchants that offer stupid prototype legs would be an excellent quest to fix this issue with.

Oh and dont forget for 14 comms you can get any offhand from Nar Shaddaa Equipment Commendation Vendor which is before tattooine in the scaling of level, but I believe you must be lvl 23 to equip them. So the imps still get an unfair advantage once again. I have no idea why you have such double standards across the two factions.

Edited by Safariii
added more info for origingal poster

I would'nt Concur this quickly, If players payed any attention. You are able to recieve a modable offhand through Esseles which requires 2 players and can be recieved at a level lower than 13 :) Enjoy

Meno,

Agreed. I would add that moddable BOEs drop from the loot box you get for completeing Esseles and Black Talon so they do appear in the GTN for level 9. If you're rocking the level 10 +41 crystals 80 to 100k they seem to be going for shouldn't be a problem.

• 4 weeks later...
I would'nt Concur this quickly, If players payed any attention. You are able to recieve a modable offhand through Esseles which requires 2 players and can be recieved at a level lower than 13 :) Enjoy

Meno,

Given that I can't complete a run of Esseles without being booted from my server for 15 minutes that's not really a good option. Even if I was to run it just for the drop, their isn't a 100% chance that it will drop or that I will win it, unlike with the heroic to saving face where you're given one that suited for your AC. Further more, a single run of Esseles just to get up to the bosses that have the chance of dropping it, takes more time than doing a quick heroic. It's also often easier to get a heroic 2 then an Esseles run, from my experience.

I understand what you're saying but it doesn't really chance the fact that it's much harder to get an Modifiable OH as a rep beginner.

When I started leveling my Republic toons, I was quite surprised Corusant didn't reward as much as the Dromund Kaas quests. It's not a huge problem in my opinion but I would also like to see these quests to reward as many commendations as the Dromund Kaas ones and of course the modable offhand.

Concur completely, Kaas you do the drill heroic, you get one so does anyone helping you, you do ess, you have to hoe its for your class, and hope you don't get some tosser crying like a little baby because you got it not him.

As for buy of gtn, I looked on Harbinger, for level 13 shield it was 130k, and yeah I paid 250k for derelict purple level 10 +41 power crystal, I then paid cartel and got it for use on ALL toons, something you can not do with shields, focus, or knives.

I never ever do heroics on any of the planets, but the first day they put in that feature that allows you to see quest rewards for mission i happened to be leveling a toon through Drummond Kaas and i saw the reward for that Drill mission. That toon got the offhand, so did my other higher level toons that needed an offhand for themselves. On a few toons i even ran it so i could get my comp and OH generator. I'll run that heroic twice on the same toon just so i can get an OH generator and an OH shield.

I think when i looked on republic side though i was also surprised to see that Coruscant didnt have a similar reward/mission. Not counting FP or comm vendor stuff, i think the earliest i saw a similar mission for Reps is during the Tatooine Bonus Series. Breaking the Code is a +2 heroic, and if you are a stealther you can go right to the objective without a fight. If you are a non stealther you may have to fight a two packs, but if you are high enough of a level you can squeeze between the other packs and not aggro them.

I still think it would be nice if the Reps got a similar mission on Coruscant, but i'm not to worried about it. Reason is, on average i seem to come out of Coruscant with around 45-50 comms. But on Drummond Kaas i usually only come out with 30-35 comms. On both planets i skip heroics, but i do all missions and bonus objectives. I mean i have a trooper right now that is level 13, just hit Justicar Territory and i'm already sitting on 33 comm badges...and i didnt even do Ord Mantell heroics. Thirty Three comm badges and i still have all of Justicar Territory to do and the Works. TLDR for this paragraph is even though we dont get a mission that rewards a moddable OH, at least it is made up for with more comms rewarded overall.

Please don't turn this into a flaming match please. The argument is that Imperials get a quest to obtain a modable offhand from saving face [+2 heroic] on their capital planet and Republic DO NOT. How to obtain a rare drop is not the issue here. It's about yet another discrepancy with unfairness when comparing what can be achieved from both factions.

Yes you can get a rare drop in republic's most wanted, Yes you may or may not get one out of a box. Yes you can maybe win one in the Esseles Flash Point if you are lucky. Yes you can BUY a scattergun or vibroknife(only usable by HK-51 on republic side). Yes you can PURCHASE ANY OFFHAND from the Nar Shaddaa Equipment Commendation (On Fleet or NS) vendor for 14 planetary comms that can be equipped at level 22. Yes you can pay a fortune on the GTN for one that was looted and be exploited in the price because of the rarity of actually getting one. It is not that easy to obtain a low level 9-11 offhand on the republic side.

There are so many repeat rewards such as chest piece after chest piece in the republic low level heroics, so what would be the big deal if BIOWARE actually changed the items on just ONE of these quests so that republics too could get a low level modable offhand just like the imps do.

If anyone is objecting to this suggestion it would seem like they are scared at losing the opportunity to extort unsuspecting players in to buying the offhands off the GTN for sometimes upto 250K for something that is level 9.

I really hope BIOWARE pay attention to this imbalance that is blatantly obvious.

Safari

Please don't turn this into a flaming match please. The argument is that Imperials get a quest to obtain a modable offhand from saving face [+2 heroic] on their capital planet and Republic DO NOT.

I really hope BIOWARE pay attention to this imbalance that is blatantly obvious.

Safari

I wasnt trying to turn it into a flaming match, I was trying to do several things:

1) point out to people who still have no offhand that they can do the H +2 mission on Tatooine if they are willing to wait until then. That mission is here and available right now, but if you want to wait until BW adds a quest in Coruscant knock yourself out.

2) point out an imbalance in comm badge reward between DK and Coruscant...in favor of the Republic. If you missed it i'll mention it again. On average my Imp toons get to level 15 with around 30-35 comm badges on DK. On Coruscant i average 45, sometimes 50 by the time i hit level 15. I am leveling a toon right now through Coruscant and she just hasnt even started Justicar territory yet and she is already at 33 comms. I still have all of Justicar territory to do, and all of The Works territory to do. Of course i dont do starter world heroics, and i dont do heroic or area missions on DK/Coruscant either.

I was pointing out the comm badge imbalance for two reasons. One...so that if you wanted to you can use those extra comms to buy a generator from the first available comm vendor. Two, it was to highlight the fact that DK gets fewer comm badges while Coruscant gets more. I will say this, if it was me asking for fairness and equality for rewards across both factions, i'm not going to ask just for 1 little quest that *I* want. I would want all quest rewards to be equal. Do you think its fair that DK people should only get 30-40 comms while Coruscant people should get 40-50? i dont think thats fair either. Does that mean we should nerf Rep rewards and buff Imp rewards for comms too. But see i didnt really press the issue before, because i skip heroics an area group missions. Is it possible that doing every single mission, bonus, and group mission will bring the Imp comm badges earned up to the same level as Republic? maybe, but i doubt it. For now all i have to go off of, is the fact that i only do class, side, bonus and those are enough to give me an imbalance between faction rewards for comms.

Its the same with shards too, the warrior can get get them from Korriban, Hutta and Kaas with no problems, but agent needs the one on Balmorra which you must have 2 people to get it.

It does put you at a disadvantage, with a Jugg you get a saber on Korriban shield on Kaas can have 2 +41 Endurance crystals, with trooper you can't, so you have 410 less HP, which is allot at that level.

Finally completed Coruscant on my trooper at level 16...total commendation count was 53 from quest rewards and drops. As mentioned in my previous post i always skip heroics and if i didnt mention it, i also dont do FPs, so that means 4 heroics for Coruscant not completed. The heroics would have awarded another 8 comms, so thats a total of 61 comms i could have had leaving Coruscant if i had just done those heroics too.

Imperials dont get nearly as many comms...i might do another count after i've completed Taris and the Taris Bonus Series. I usually complete Taris around 20-21, and 22 is right when you can buy the generators from the Nar Shadaa comm vendor. So i guess even though it sucks that reps dont get a moddable OH completely for free and available earlier, at least our Nar Shadaa vendor purchase is offset by the fact that reps get a few more comms as they level.

Edited by swtonewbie

• 5 months later...
Finally completed Coruscant on my trooper at level 16...total commendation count was 53 from quest rewards and drops. As mentioned in my previous post i always skip heroics and if i didnt mention it, i also dont do FPs, so that means 4 heroics for Coruscant not completed. The heroics would have awarded another 8 comms, so thats a total of 61 comms i could have had leaving Coruscant if i had just done those heroics too.

Imperials dont get nearly as many comms...i might do another count after i've completed Taris and the Taris Bonus Series. I usually complete Taris around 20-21, and 22 is right when you can buy the generators from the Nar Shadaa comm vendor. So i guess even though it sucks that reps dont get a moddable OH completely for free and available earlier, at least our Nar Shadaa vendor purchase is offset by the fact that reps get a few more comms as they level.

The entire debate about imperials not getting "as many" commendations is IMHO pretty silly, since you can easily redo all the quests on Drommund Kaas each and every day, bascially farming the planet for an "extra" 9-13 commendations from level 15-19 onwards. Esepcially since it can be easily reached and left through legacy perks and a fleet bound shuttle conveniently placed at the end point of one quest. No heroic quest on Drommund Kaas ever yields less than 3 commendations, compared to one on several Coruscant ones. Reliably

So, basically imperials get a lot more commendations than republic players ( possible on each and every day) - if I decided to do "fast commendation", I'd run by DK and Tattoine, and yield 20+ commendations within roughly 150 minutes from level 38 onwards - probably earlier ), plus very easy access to the off-hand items which I get long before Tattoine, as well ( a further three planets on ).

Within 2 days (or well timed around the midday reset), one can get roughly all the commendations for re-equipping every piece of armouring in blue from the vendors. another day, one has probably replaced most of the mods and enhancements, too.

I would really recommend exchanging one of the chestpieces on Coruscant (or Taris) for an off-hand item.

Edited by achwas
spell check