Petition to EA/SWTOR -- please read and perhaps respond.

ElvisLegShaker

Actually you are wrong.

Go do any of the Belsavis dailies on a level 49 character. Pay attention to how much XP and credits you get.

Now go do them on a 50. Notice that you get no XP, but you get MORE credits, because the game is CODED to convert XP to credits if you cannot gain XP from the quest. This applies to ANY quest in the game. A level 50 will gain extra credits in lieu of XP.

once the level 50 can gain XP again, the credit boost will go away, and the player will gain XP once again.

Please learn how the systems work.

I am talking about 50's. please learn how to read the thread.

this thread is about the 50 NOT turning in the quests now... but turning them in when the expansion hits... hmm.. better yet, please learn how the game works.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only reason i can find that you do not agree is that you are now doing this on your 50's.

I'll admit, I thought about it.

But then I decided I wasn't going to do it, because I am lazy and I hate doing dailies (have not done them in months, other than gree event) so I wasn't going to bother with them.

Thanks for trying however.

I am talking about 50's. please learn how to read the thread.

this thread is about the 50 NOT turning in the quests now... but turning them in when the expansion hits... hmm.. better yet, please learn how the game works.

My response was to you saying that the quests didn't give XP. They do give XP, it is just converted to credits if you are level 50, so you don't see it. Same way legacy XP is granted, which is a percentage of quest XP. If I can't get XP fromt he quest (because I am 50) how can I still get legacy XP?

You do get XP at 50, it just gets converted to credits because you can't use the XP.

So storing up those 25 quests is no exploit or gaming of the system. It is working as intended.

This thread is still ALIVE? OMG!

WHO CARES! So what if people get more XP out of the gate (They still earned it, so let them do it). They just short change themselves Comm's one week instead and gain the new ones in the 2nd week as well tap into the 'CAP' limit the first week.

Again.. nothing to see here.. Move along.. This is not the thread your a looking for...

I think jgoldsack sig describe OP perfectly :rolleyes: On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

I don't know why everyone try to teach OP while it's so obvious he's not bright enough to understand the different between power leveling and this case :eek:

storing up 25 level 50 quests along with the xp boosts is the same thing as lowbies hitting ilum to gain levels as fast as possible (the EXACT same reason). the only reason i can find that you do not agree is that you are now doing this on your 50's.

Which I do not care.. I just think if they screwed the lowbies.. they should screw the 50s.

that's it. nothing more, nothing less.

The goal of leveling quickly is not the problem. How that goal was achieved on Ilum was not what THEY intended. Performing missions and turning them in is what THEY intend to happen. Your repeated attempts to equate the two are intellectually dishonest . Please desist.

I dunno.. power leveling is gaining a level or more in a manner not intended, right?

No. Have you argued all this time without basic understanding of the term you're using?

Power Leveling (via Wikipedia)

Power-leveling is using the help of another, stronger player to level a character more quickly than is possible alone.

The issue with the Ilum exploit wasn't power leveling. Power leveling was used to make it more effective. By yourself, you'd still have major problems trying to exploit Bolster, as Bolster just fixes your stats but doesn't give you the abilities that you'd have at higher levels (including armor and damage buffs). If you tried it alone, you ended up dying a lot. Powerleveling (to repeat: Playing Ilum with an actual 50 or two, especially PvP-geared 50s) would make this less of a problem. The 50's take all the heat, you get all the XP.

So, again: Power leveling wasn't the problem.

And again: There was no advantage. Gaining an advantage wasn't a problem.

And yet again: The problem was that low-level characters were able to do high-level content.

storing up 25 level 50 quests along with the xp boosts is the same thing as lowbies hitting ilum to gain levels as fast as possible (the EXACT same reason).

No. Let me do this one more time:

The problem with the Ilum Exploit was that low level characters were able to do high level content and get inflated experience for doing it, thus allowing them to skip their intended content.

You like to insult people (ignoring the Forum rules, by the way) about their lack of ability to read. Take a moment to re-read the paragraph above. Here it is again, in a shorter form: The problem with the Ilum Exploit was that low level characters were able to do high level content.

This has nothing to do with Lvl50's stacking quests for XP as soon as Makeb unlocks. Level 50 characters on Makeb are high level characters doing high level content. Totally different from Ilum.

That's the thing.. I didn't do it either. But on that same hand, I didn't and don't care how someone levels. I don't care if someone figured out how to hit 50 by pressing "h", alt 534 and "numlock" at the same time. I don't. However, there was an uproar about folks leveling on ilum.

I think the same uproar should apply to alllll these 50's about to turn in 25 level 50 quests with xp bonuses applied to gain an advantage during early access. Surely the devs didn't see that coming... just like they didn't see the ilum thing.

It's only fair. That is all I'm saying.

Again, there is no advantage.

The goal of leveling quickly is not the problem. How that goal was achieved on Ilum was not what THEY intended. Performing missions and turning them in is what THEY intend to happen. Your repeated attempts to equate the two are intellectually dishonest . Please desist.

no it's not. it's a level 50 with xp bonuses not turning them in as NORMAL .. but waiting for the expansion to hit and turning them in then .. simply for the xp (which we dont get now) to get a jump ...

Let me ask you... you got 25 level 50 quests waiting? turn em in now. why wait?

nothing about this is dishonest. you sir are skirting the issue and dare I say.. being a bit dishonest.

and that whole ilum thing??? is WHY i'm asking they respond to this prior to the 9th.... will 25 plus xp bonus be something THEY intended or not..

simple. i care not either way.

they've read this... yet to respond. makes sense, they have to ask higher ups.

Yet when people were leveling on Ilum.. there was a big to do about it, causing the devs to step in and say.. "uh... we're gonna fix it.. even though that fix means messing with legit players.. sorry".

In what way did it mess with "legit" players. If you were level appropriate for the Illum Gree Missions then you could go there and do them. If you were not then you could not after the change, nothing about that messes with players.

The problem was solely down to the boosting of low level players (e.g. someone who was level 20) which allowed them to earn xp at the level 50 rates.

no it's not. it's a level 50 with xp bonuses not turning them in as NORMAL ..

Wrong. You're free to turn them in when you want. The devs have even mentioned waiting to turn in Dailies so you can get an easy WEEKLY completion on Tuesday.

While the idea of holding quests might be new to you, it's not at all new, and it's completely expected.

you sir are skirting the issue

Sarcasm or Hypocrisy?

Have you realized yet that the issue with the Ilum Exploit wasn't the fact that people were able to gain levels quickly, but that low level players were playing high level content in order to avoid large portions of the game?

There are loads of ways to gain levels quickly. There are zero ways to do high level content with low level characters. There was one. It was fixed. Can you guess which planet it was on?

i understand you value your opinion highly .. but .. what are the stated brackets?

10-34 (Bolstered to 34)

35-54 (Bolstered to 54 + Recruit/WarHero gear)

There's no advantage to being Lvl 51 before anyone else. In PvP, both 50 and 51 get bolstered to the same level.

I think OP is one of the people that don't have much experience with mmo's before SWTOR, just a hunch since its been a given since forever that a new expansion of levels in any mmo has people theorycrafting ways to get to max level again in the fastest way possible. Just google "wow athene world first" for a number of prime examples.

The thing is, what does it do to your experience in the long run? Unless you are desperate to get there a few hours early yourself how is this effecting you? Because even on a pvp realm its not going to cause any changes. There WILL be campers regardless. So what does complaining about this mean to you? How has it ruined your experience in any way?

Wrong. You're free to turn them in when you want. The devs have even mentioned waiting to turn in Dailies so you can get an easy WEEKLY completion on Tuesday.

While the idea of holding quests might be new to you, it's not at all new, and it's completely expected.

Sarcasm or Hypocrisy?

Have you realized yet that the issue with the Ilum Exploit wasn't the fact that people were able to gain levels quickly, but that low level players were playing high level content in order to avoid large portions of the game?

There are loads of ways to gain levels quickly. There are zero ways to do high level content with low level characters. There was one. It was fixed. Can you guess which planet it was on?

I think I am a bit slow on this. Help me break this down.. PLEASE.

Tues is the start of the new weekly. with you so far ...

I complete the weekly on Wed. How is holding that and turning it in at the last possible moment helpful? I complete it on wed and turn it in on wed... wouldn't matter if i turned it in on mon. right? I cant pick up another weekly until tues.

sorry, i dont follow what you are saying. because the daily doesn't have anything to do with the weekly .. if you dont turn in the daily, um daily, you lose it (meaning if you pick up a daily on tues and complete it on tues but dont turn it in until wed.. you cant pick up the daily for wed)

As far as ilum goes.. the devs said it was not an exploit. so how do you expect me to understand your point when you dont even know what you are taking about. have you realized that?

the point was -- the devs said that they were leveling in ways not intended .. which is why i am asking about this.

nothing more. nothing less.

I think I am a bit slow on this. Help me break this down.. PLEASE.

Tues is the start of the new weekly. with you so far ...

I complete the weekly on Wed. How is holding that and turning it in at the last possible moment helpful? I complete it on wed and turn it in on wed... wouldn't matter if i turned it in on mon. right? I cant pick up another weekly until tues.

Weekly is the same mechanic wise as daily, only a longer time period.

Anyway, with the weekly, you complete the weekly this week. It rewards whatever the current rewards are (BH comms, etc). But you save it for next week, and turn it in after 2.0... which gives you the NEW rewards, since the old comms are now replaced with the new ones.

So you can get a jump on getting a few extra new comms. And the devs actually suggest doing this. Does it give the player an advantage? Not really. But the same mechanic applies to it as does the dailies.