Some Newbie questions here,..

freewaydog

Ok, I am fairly new here, just started subbing to the game & I have some things I need answered, please:

1) One of my Inquisitors, I got her up to 10, did everything on Korriban (sp?) & brought her to the fleet where she is supposed to choose her advanced class, talk to the first NPC, could not quite decide at the time, he sent me to Overseer Kryos, I inspected the Assassin option & the Sorceror option, but did not choose, logged off. I then decided I wanted to go Sorceress w/ her. When I returned to that toon, Kryos would not talk to me & I seemed to have been locked out of a choice & could no longer make the option to Advanced Class. Does that mean I broke my game w/ her & must delete her or use her for a "mule" & start again w/ a new Inquisitor?

2) The whole "Item Modification" mission thing: What must I do to make it work? Some of my characters, I click on the mod thing, nothing happens but a message popping up saying, "You cannot equip that item", others it works, but I don't know what to mod & I don't have that 4th thing that goes in the other slot, I have the crystal automatically, it seems, w/e clothing/item, and that mod thing, but not the other thing. I would like to know what to do to complete that quest successfully so it is out of my journal, please.

3) How the heck do I access the codexes to read them? Especially the companion ones? It does not say how in the tutorial box that I click.

If I have anymore questions, I will let you know. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Edited by freewaydog

Ok, I am fairly new here, just started subbing to the game & I have some things I need answered, please:

1) One of my Inquisitors, I got her up to 10, did everything on Korriban (sp?) & brought her to the fleet where she is supposed to choose her advanced class, talk to the first NPC, could not quite decide at the time, he sent me to Overseer Kryos, I inspected the Assassin option & the Sorceror option, but did not choose, logged off. I then decided I wanted to go Sorceress w/ her. When I returned to that toon, Kryos would not talk to me & I seemed to have been locked out of a choice & could no longer make the option to Advanced Class. Does that mean I broke my game w/ her & must delete her or use her for a "mule" & start again w/ a new Inquisitor?

2) The whole "Item Modification" mission thing: What must I do to make it work? Some of my characters, I click on the mod thing, nothing happens but a message popping up saying, "You cannot equip that item", others it works, but I don't know what to mod & I don't have that 4th thing that goes in the other slot, I have the crystal automatically, it seems, w/e clothing/item, and that mod thing, but not the other thing. I would like to know what to do to complete that quest successfully so it is out of my journal, please.

3) How the heck do I access the codexes to read them? Especially the companion ones? It does not say how in the tutorial box that I click.

If I have anymore questions, I will let you know. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

1: Don't delete her. You can still select your advanced class. I think you might able to select it via the Abilities button bar across the top of your screen, although I might be wrong. It has been a while since I started a new toon. Just don't delete.

2: If I remember correctly, you need to go to a modification table and click on it. But like I said, its been a while so I am not 100% sure.

3: You can access the codex by pressing the "L" Key. Then at the bottom of the window that opens, there will be four tabs. One of them will say codex.

Edited by zejaie

Is your inquisitor character still labeled as a "Sith Inquisitor"? If so check your quest log to see if the quest is still active. If it is then you might have to reset it if the NPC still will not talk to you. If none of that is still not working for you you might have to submit a help ticket for it. If for some reason the game forced an advanced class on you when you logged out (it shouldn't do that) and it's the incorrect one, then you would have to make a new character.

There should be a lore object sitting right next to the modification table where you are directed to go for that particular quest on Korriban. The reward from the quest will be the enhancement that you are currently missing for the fourth slot in that weapon. Hope this helps.

1. You can always also try abandoning the quest and taking it again at the first NPC or try resetting it. Just in case you don't know: you can abandon/reset quests when you open your mission log and choose the quest on the right hand side.

2. You mean the item modification quest you get on Korriban? There is an item right next to the item modification table you need to click and that completes the quest.

Otherwise you can mod your items just by ctrl + right click. Then you take a hilt for example and place it in the hilt slot (top one).

You can modify all orange items and some purple ones too, you know that you can do so if the item has slots for modifications. Mods are a nice way to get a custom look because you can just remove the mods from your custom item (costs credits though) and transfer them to a new item.

Tip in case you didn't know: don't buy armorings and the others from GTN, that will cost you a lot. What you can do is buy those with planet commendations and then put those in your moddable items. Or you can always craft some modifications yourself if you are cybertech (for armorings and mods) or artifice (hilts and enhancements).

Thanks, that "lore" thing w/ the table worked. W/ my inquisitor, last I checked, that quest was no longer active. I may have to send in a ticket, I will check again. Now new question: My warrior got an outfit for her companion, Vette, I believe. "Vette's pants, shirt, & boots", but is it really supposed to be for my warrior, or for Vette? Cuz I do not know how to equip my companion w/ it, & it will not go on my warrior, for I selected the "slicing" one, rather than the "armor" one. What shall I do? There MUST be a way around that, right? I hope so! & once I am on Dromund Kaas, how do I get back to the fleet? Like you know, if I forgot to see the crew trainer??? Edited by freewaydog

Those items are only useable by Vette, you can't equip them. You can put them on Vette by going to your character sheet (click c) and then putting the outfit on Vette just like you would equip items on your own character either dragging them to the right slot or right clicking them item... it goes straigth to the right slot.

Those items are only useable by Vette, you can't equip them. You can put them on Vette by going to your character sheet (click c) and then putting the outfit on Vette just like you would equip items on your own character either dragging them to the right slot or right clicking them item... it goes straigth to the right slot.

Frustratingly enough, when I pulled up the N key for companion, I tried just that, & it did not work, you know? Hmm,...what is the way to make it work??? Any help????

N takes you to crew skills window unless you have changed the keybindings. You can't equip items through that window. You need to press C, select the companion tab at the bottom and then put the items on.

If I remember correctly you can chose your advanced class via skill tree (should be key binding k if I'm not mistaken or at the top of the screen) if having this problem.

I'm not sure though it's been some time since I had to do this.

Edit: oh someone already mentioned it, never mind I think this should work)

Edited by Aryh

Just click your Talents or Skill Tree tab or whatever its called to choose which Advanced Class you want.

Your Codex is in the Mission Journel. At the bottom of the window there are different tabs, one says Codex. There are several categories you unlock, one of them is Companions.

Edited by CaldaRaric

Ok, sry, but I have some more newbie questions. They may sound like things I SHOULD know already, but I'm afraid I don't, since I just started. Here goes:

1) Where can my toons get a bomb for the "Explosive Discontent" mission, where one is to disarm 4 bombs on the base?

2) I've seen players w/ a portable training hologram that they can train anywhere. Is that something you need to buy from the cartel shop? Or how do you get it? What is it under in the shop?

3) How come my warrior does not have that "chokehold" power/skill that she was supposed to get? She is lvl 18.

4) How do I auto-ignore duel challenges from obnoxious players? Or do I just have to ignore the player?

5) What the heck is a "Biochemical Bonding Agent"? What do I do w/ it? I think my companions get them for me when I send them away, but when I click on it, whether right or left, nothing happens! I can't even craft anything w/ it!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Ok, sry, but I have some more newbie questions. They may sound like things I SHOULD know already, but I'm afraid I don't, since I just started. Here goes:

1) Where can my toons get a bomb for the "Explosive Discontent" mission, where one is to disarm 4 bombs on the base?

2) I've seen players w/ a portable training hologram that they can train anywhere. Is that something you need to buy from the cartel shop? Or how do you get it? What is it under in the shop?

3) How come my warrior does not have that "chokehold" power/skill that she was supposed to get? She is lvl 18.

4) How do I auto-ignore duel challenges from obnoxious players? Or do I just have to ignore the player?

5) What the heck is a "Biochemical Bonding Agent"? What do I do w/ it? I think my companions get them for me when I send them away, but when I click on it, whether right or left, nothing happens! I can't even craft anything w/ it!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1) Is that the mission In Dromund Kaas? If so The bombs are planet around the main square of the city Look for Blue circles around walls they are there :)

2) It is a cartel Item from a pack I believe which one I don't know. They might not even be available anymore not 100% sure though. You can find it on the GTN (Galactic Trade network) These are located On Dromuund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, The Fleet. However pe prepared to pay 1.5-3 million credits for it.

3) See your trainer? Or are you not high enough level?

4) I think you have to manually ignore the duel requests from these people.

5)Biochemical Bonding Agent" Is an Item used for crew skill for Biochem I believe. You click on the crew skill window Select Biochem (if you selected it) and you can see what you can craft and what Items are needed.

Happy SWTOR'ing

Edited by JediMasterSkid

1) Is that the mission In Dromund Kaas? If so The bombs are planet around the main square of the city Look for Blue circles around walls they are the :)

2) It is a cartel Item from a pack I believe which one I don't know. They might not even be available anymore not 100% sure though. You can find it on the GTN (Galactic Trade network) These are located On Dromuund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, The Fleet. However pe prepared to pay 1.5-3 million credits for it.

3) See your trainer? Or are you not high enough level?

4) I think you have to manually ignore the duel requests from these people.

5)Biochemical Bonding Agent" Is an Item used for crew skill for Biochem I believe. You click on the crew skill window Select Biochem (if you selected it) and you can see what you can craft and what Items are needed.

Happy SWTOR'ing

Thanks for the feedback.

1) Yes, I believe it is in Dromond Kaas. I did click on the boxes around the city & it said, "you need a bomb for this" or w/e.

3) I don't know. I did not see it available from my trainer. I don't know what lvl I get to have it at.

4) This person kept re-inviting me to a duel over & over again, even tho I kept ignoring. I did ignore the player & clicked the "report" button, I hope that worked, Idk. They were really being obnoxious.

Thanks for the feedback.

1) Yes, I believe it is in Dromond Kaas. I did click on the boxes around the city & it said, "you need a bomb for this" or w/e.

3) I don't know. I did not see it available from my trainer. I don't know what lvl I get to have it at.

4) This person kept re-inviting me to a duel over & over again, even tho I kept ignoring. I did ignore the player & clicked the "report" button, I hope that worked, Idk. They were really being obnoxious.

1) Yes you need to find the bombs around the city first . Find one then take it to the Blue box that you have found and then repeat.

3) If you go talk to your trainer you can see what abilities and when you can learn them at. It is in the top left of the box click trainable and select all I think

4) Well if it one person add them to your ignore list this should solve that trolling problem. Don't worry there arn't alot of these people about :)

Thanks for the feedback.

1) Easiest place to do this: head straight out from the cantina until you see a lower city square on your right; go down there and the bombs are what's already been said- roundish things on the walls etc (and in the same square there's a monument- look around the base and click the little sign thingie, it's a lore object)- grab a bomb, put it in the box before it explodes, repeat x 4 :)

3) Think you can first train it at level 24

4) If you put them on your ignore list, should have worked (good that you reported them, too)

5) Biochemical Bonding Agent is a low-level crafting material (Grade 1 medical supply) for Biochem- it's used along with stuff like Green Goo (gathered with Bioanalysis) to make stims and adrenals. If you took the Biochem + Bioanalysis + Diplomacy crew skills then go to the Biochem trainer to get 'recipes' for things (if your actual crafting skill is something other than Biochem then the BBA is useless, might try to sell it on the GTN though)

Hi there! Although still fairly new to SWTOR, Like many I already understood most of the interface from WoW.

But that is where the similarity stops, This is a whole new ball game and I still think Its an awesome game, for the reasonable price of Subbing to it.

Some points to make.

I too, had some problems working out, how to put companions upgrades on, in fact I didn't even notice the Window next to my charactor, which said companion, mainly because at first, its quite a steep learning curve, with many aspects of your character you are almost multi tasking at first. Actually, Now I am level 29 nearly 30 :sy_lightside: Trooper, Im loving Multi tasking in game, I have Elara as my main companion, I upgrade her armour & weapons as regular as my credits and commendations will allow, She can take care of herself on her own, at lvl 29 in Nar Shadaa, while I get on with finding objects.

Although At first your companion has Armour and stuff that says, "needs Elara or Aric", It is best to keep to what they have on for a good few levels, because They have quite good and high levels of both. But as you progress, when you find your companion's life is starting to show signs of weakening, its time to upgrade her/him, as you would yourself. Always make some notes on the side, to What class armour and weapon she/he can use.

Make sure you try and upgrade armour all the same time if possible, its easy to forget, like hands (gloves) are as important as any other armour, you may find, if you forget to check often, that you may be at level 25, But the gloves, are still rated at level 19, those 6 points dont seem much, but with the right gloves, you could find and increase of +30 in armour or endurance with some lesser + for aim or something else.

As I have travelled the paths of Corascant, Ord mantell, Nar Shadaa, and now Tatooine, its useful to know, the best place to purchase stuff. In an order, I put ordinary vendors as only selling low level armour and stuff, Apart from medic droids, that, depending what planet your fighting in, allow you better med packs. next comes Commendation vendors, Most of them are found At the "Fleet". After that and rather in in between is PVP vendors.

For new people PVP vendors can be very useful, if you play the warzones quite a bit, get around 450 points playing them and you can aquire a few tidy items at the normal PVP vendors.

But by far, the best place and how I get most of my upgrades is to go to the galactic markets. Now at first, these look daunting, but there not really. Just right click On one station, to get the menu, leave top blank . Pick What sort of item you looking for, say a new chestguard. So pick Armour, then type of armour you and companion wear, light medium or heavy. Now pick a slot, maybe you have no head gear? pick "head", now you can leave the rest for now, apart from the standard of kit you require, if at all possible, try and pick "Premium", if credits allow, later, you can afford to buy prototypes, but they always quite high price. But, anyway, now look at premuim headgear, mouse over the pic of one, that is at your level or very near it, it will show you the change in stats, to the one you are wearing,If you arent wearing any head gear, then any purchase at your level, will give a good boost to your overall armouring.

You will come to a time, when you will want to sell stuff on the market too, but thats a little more complicated, as some things you cant sell, and you need to spend time on comparing prices asked. people tend to buy & sell items on galactic market from lvl 15 upwards, below that level, unless they prototype or have good "Custom" mods, they sometimes not worth the outlay.

On questions of crew skills, This needs a lot of thought, and like me, probably you will try differant combos in your lifetime. There is a posting by some one on crew skills and the best combos for your class.

Im trying this now for my trooper and Elara companion, + the droid and Aric.

Biochem - bio analysis -Scavenging. This selection is based more on Elara's capabilties Than anything else, it seems. I am still very much a learner to crew skills, and modifications I havent even been there yet :p

But I have Just sold 6 items for 3,500 credits just now on the galactic market, so Im well pleased That I got my prices about right. doesn't pay to be too greedy, or you wont sell much!

Finally, you bound to get the odd ball being a nuisance in most MMORGS, just ignore, dont get into any fracas OOC, its isnt worth it. (out of character).

I do have one tip, keep the person's name on a bit of paper, after you loaded up your charactor above what there armour and fire power should be, go and let him try a dual.

I say this, because when I was level 17, On coroscant, I had this person, near the Senate tower, ask to dual me twice. I had just upgraded myself with an item that had added 300+ armour to me LOL.

So I thought, "Ok" "Bring it on!"

My oh my!, "I won the dual" And he ran off faster than a Hutt on a skateboard:D. he never bothered me again:p

Hope some of this has made some sense, if not, keep trying, it will come with experience and determination.

AliceTvirus Ltn Trooper lvl29^

Thanks, but I do not do pvp, as I am more of a pve person. I wish there was a Kotor 3 that was like this for single players.

Hi there! Although still fairly new to SWTOR, Like many I already understood most of the interface from WoW.

But that is where the similarity stops, This is a whole new ball game and I still think Its an awesome game, for the reasonable price of Subbing to it.

Some points to make.

I too, had some problems working out, how to put companions upgrades on, in fact I didn't even notice the Window next to my charactor, which said companion, mainly because at first, its quite a steep learning curve, with many aspects of your character you are almost multi tasking at first. Actually, Now I am level 29 nearly 30 :sy_lightside: Trooper, Im loving Multi tasking in game, I have Elara as my main companion, I upgrade her armour & weapons as regular as my credits and commendations will allow, She can take care of herself on her own, at lvl 29 in Nar Shadaa, while I get on with finding objects.

Although At first your companion has Armour and stuff that says, "needs Elara or Aric", It is best to keep to what they have on for a good few levels, because They have quite good and high levels of both. But as you progress, when you find your companion's life is starting to show signs of weakening, its time to upgrade her/him, as you would yourself. Always make some notes on the side, to What class armour and weapon she/he can use.

Make sure you try and upgrade armour all the same time if possible, its easy to forget, like hands (gloves) are as important as any other armour, you may find, if you forget to check often, that you may be at level 25, But the gloves, are still rated at level 19, those 6 points dont seem much, but with the right gloves, you could find and increase of +30 in armour or endurance with some lesser + for aim or something else.

As I have travelled the paths of Corascant, Ord mantell, Nar Shadaa, and now Tatooine, its useful to know, the best place to purchase stuff. In an order, I put ordinary vendors as only selling low level armour and stuff, Apart from medic droids, that, depending what planet your fighting in, allow you better med packs. next comes Commendation vendors, Most of them are found At the "Fleet". After that and rather in in between is PVP vendors.

For new people PVP vendors can be very useful, if you play the warzones quite a bit, get around 450 points playing them and you can aquire a few tidy items at the normal PVP vendors.

But by far, the best place and how I get most of my upgrades is to go to the galactic markets. Now at first, these look daunting, but there not really. Just right click On one station, to get the menu, leave top blank . Pick What sort of item you looking for, say a new chestguard. So pick Armour, then type of armour you and companion wear, light medium or heavy. Now pick a slot, maybe you have no head gear? pick "head", now you can leave the rest for now, apart from the standard of kit you require, if at all possible, try and pick "Premium", if credits allow, later, you can afford to buy prototypes, but they always quite high price. But, anyway, now look at premuim headgear, mouse over the pic of one, that is at your level or very near it, it will show you the change in stats, to the one you are wearing,If you arent wearing any head gear, then any purchase at your level, will give a good boost to your overall armouring.

You will come to a time, when you will want to sell stuff on the market too, but thats a little more complicated, as some things you cant sell, and you need to spend time on comparing prices asked. people tend to buy & sell items on galactic market from lvl 15 upwards, below that level, unless they prototype or have good "Custom" mods, they sometimes not worth the outlay.

On questions of crew skills, This needs a lot of thought, and like me, probably you will try differant combos in your lifetime. There is a posting by some one on crew skills and the best combos for your class.

Im trying this now for my trooper and Elara companion, + the droid and Aric.

Biochem - bio analysis -Scavenging. This selection is based more on Elara's capabilties Than anything else, it seems. I am still very much a learner to crew skills, and modifications I havent even been there yet :p

But I have Just sold 6 items for 3,500 credits just now on the galactic market, so Im well pleased That I got my prices about right. doesn't pay to be too greedy, or you wont sell much!

Finally, you bound to get the odd ball being a nuisance in most MMORGS, just ignore, dont get into any fracas OOC, its isnt worth it. (out of character).

I do have one tip, keep the person's name on a bit of paper, after you loaded up your charactor above what there armour and fire power should be, go and let him try a dual.

I say this, because when I was level 17, On coroscant, I had this person, near the Senate tower, ask to dual me twice. I had just upgraded myself with an item that had added 300+ armour to me LOL.

So I thought, "Ok" "Bring it on!"

My oh my!, "I won the dual" And he ran off faster than a Hutt on a skateboard:D. he never bothered me again:p

Hope some of this has made some sense, if not, keep trying, it will come with experience and determination.

AliceTvirus Ltn Trooper lvl29^