Healing Relic's 2.0

dannycarr

Just been looking at the relics we are getting in 2.0, and I feel kind of underwhelmed. I suppose that the on use Arkanian Relic of Boundless Ages will be the one we need for burst healing, but the other two relics with a chance on heal of either extra healing or power seem a little useless. We will have no control of who gets the extra healing or gaining extra power when it is not needed. Will the PvP relics be better for us again with the straight up power on them? or do you think the on proc relics will do a good enough job?

From my initial thoughts I really feel that they are not going to be worthwhile, and just like live I am going to be using my PvP commendations for PvE content which is going to be a real pain especially when I am doing both PvP and PvE content.

From my initial thoughts I really feel that they are not going to be worthwhile, and just like live I am going to be using my PvP commendations for PvE content which is going to be a real pain especially when I am doing both PvP and PvE content.

I'm not sure I follow you, I find it quite convenient to use the same PVP relics for PVE (I use 2 EWH boundless ages). I don't have to swap them and I like the static power on them and it was less gear to buy. So I don't see why it would be a "pain" to use the same for both.

I DO agree with you that the new relics seem to be underwhelming at this point. I don't care for "click" relics as i feel there are already enough skills to have to "click/hotkey". And like you said the procs are not very useful for healers as much of it is wasted in overhealing. Just guess we will have to wait and see how it pans out and go from there.

I personally have no problem with the Proc relic, and use one on my Sorc and one on my Merc. My second relic is a on use power relic, on my Sorc, and I have a Battlemaster Static Power Relic, that I haven't gotten a lucky drop to replace yet, on my Merc. Personally in I feel that the extra healing from the Proc, while uncontrollable is a good asset, and it can help. I don't know how you would prove, or why you would assume that it is always in over heals. Maybe you just over heal too much?

I don't know but I tend to try and keep my group as close to 90%+ as I can, without wasting my Force or Heat. For instance on my Merc I will ability heal to 90%, always healing the person who has the least health, and when everyone is @ 90%+ I will only use Rapid Shot, I will also toss in some Rapid Shots as my Heat gets higher, and I try to keep my Vent Heat, for when I use my Supercharged Gas as when I need to heal heavy enough to burn that, I tend to need it right about then.

I don't know how you would prove, or why you would assume that it is always in over heals. Maybe you just over heal too.

I'm not saying it *always* procs in over heals, but that you can't control *when* it procs so you will likely loose some of the procs in over heals. For example if someone is 60% health and you throw a heal on them and it crits and fills them up, your relic might proc then and be wasted. This is not to say it is always wasted and useless, the proc is ok and the extra healing is nice. I'm just saying I much rather *prefer* static power which boosts all heals all the time. I know it's there and I can rely on it.

I have played around with the proc heal relic and looking at combat log parsings, it didn't really add up

to that much over the course of a whole fight. You can calculate (on average) how often it should proc and since the amount is static it's not hard to calculate how much it will do for a given period of time. What limits the proc relic is that it can only proc once every 20 seconds or so (I honestly cant remember how often, feel free to correct). For the little amount that it actually heals, for no more often than it procs, and that *some* of those procs are completely wasted in over heals, I just don't see the benefit being all that great. If you like it, use it. That's totally fine, its your choice.

I do find that the click power relic is OK and is great for burst healing and "oh crap" moments. Personally I don't like having to click/hot key another thing. There have been other posts in this forum comparing the actual benefit between a static relic and the click relic and the end result is not that different since you can only benefit from the click relic about 1/4th of the time if you are clicking it every time it is available. I prefer to have that power all the time on every heal and limit the "oh crap" moments as much as possible. I keep adrenals on hand for when those moments occur.

In the end it's preference. Each healer really should try all the relics and see what suits them best. Being that they are doing away with the PVP relic of boundless ages, I'm not real thrilled, but I will have to adapt and move on.

After some searching around I found this with a list of the relics for both PvP and PvE:

It looks like the proc relics are going to be standard for the healers, unless you can make good use of the on use relic. There are no on use PvP relics either which I assume is going to be because of burst issues.

It is a real shame that there are no static stat increase relics, but then again I suppose this will make the game play more interesting, and I assume PvE content will be balanced around using these types of relics.

Yeah, I agree there are very limited good choices for relics for healers. For my sage at least, I'll probably be going with the Serendipitous Assault (30%, 510 power, 6 seconds, 20s lockout). I figure I'll trigger that at least every 24s (even faster if ppl are standing in salvation) giving me an effective constant power boost of 127.5+29=156.5. The second one will probably be the clicky power relic as a cool down. The proc relics are just not impressive for a class that does a lot of AoE healing.

I might consider the proc relic for my operative, since I'm a bit more single-target focused on that class.

Also, from the descriptions, I'm pretty sure the Serendipitous Assault and Ephemeral Mending relics share the same lockout, so combining these would not be a good idea.

I really hope that they don't share the same cooldown as that would defeat the object. I have a feeling that you can't have two of the same relics, but the power boost and proc healing should be able to be used at the same time.

I may play with both of them and see how they work, I have the on use atm and it seems ok, but I don't really get a massive boost from it (not that noticable anyway). Will be interesting to see what the number look like.

Edited by dannycarr

• 2 weeks later...

Sage healer here. I have always used a PVP power relic and a click power relic.

I will prob stay the same now at 55 but I did see one of those 30% chance on heal to proc power for 6secs relics drop in a lev55 hard mode. I like the sound if that kind. Procing more power will help us heal higher amount, and if people are topped off when it procs, just bubble people up. Power makes our bubble more powerful also.

I've got my EWH Relic of Boundless Ages and my Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages*

I suspect that EWH + Underworld is the new BiS but it will take most of us a while to get the Underworld relics.

*And yes, they nerfed the ones on the Classic vendor, hopefully you got yours BEFORE 2.0.

The OP is.... my goodness. Those healing proc relics are to NEVER be used by a healer. Those are for shadows/sins silly. I'd rather not have that chance for an extra.... 500 heal every 20 seconds. jesus.

I think you seem to be confused, if you read the relic, it will heal the person that you heal, not yourself (unless you actually heal yourself and it proc's). Please Read:

Equip: Healing an ally has a 50% chance to restore an additional 580 health over 3 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds and shares this limit with similar healing effects. It will not trigger inside of PvP areas.

No, he's reading it right. It's very good for assassin tanks and pretty bad for healers.

The reason it's bad for healers is the lack of control when it procs. Even if it would add more healing per second than power relics, you never know on who it'll proc, so chances are it procs on someone where the extra 500 healing isn't very useful, especially if you use much ale or HoTs.

Is Arkanian Relic of Serendipitous Assault removed from the game? According to the reddit post you buy it for basic comms, but I cant find the relic at all.

It dropped for me in TFB SM. It's not removed but it seems to be a drop only.

current BiS is Serendipitous Assault and boundless ages, both underworld level. Dread guard boundless pre2.0 is better than the current arkanian relic. When they removed the SA relic from venders, I had no uses for my basic comms. Also the defense proc relic also no longer sells at the vendors.

current BiS is Serendipitous Assault and boundless ages, both underworld level. Dread guard boundless pre2.0 is better than the current arkanian relic. When they removed the SA relic from venders, I had no uses for my basic comms. Also the defense proc relic also no longer sells at the vendors.

Ive been hearing that the PVE Serendipitous Assault relic and the PVE Serendipitous Assault relic will stack with each other.

If thats the case, would that be Bis instead of the serendipitous assault & boundless ages combo?

Ive been hearing that the PVE Serendipitous Assault relic and the PVE Serendipitous Assault relic will stack with each other.

If thats the case, would that be Bis instead of the serendipitous assault & boundless ages combo?

If they stack, My god would that be OP as ****. I'd get them both. That would be the BiS if true otherwise SA and Boundless ages underworld currently is.

Underworld Boundless Ages is 425 for 30s every 2m = 106.25 average. EWH is still better.

Underworld Serendipitous Assault is 550 for 6s at max every 20s = 165 average max potential. Likely better than EWH.

Personally I will go with USA (lol) and EWH but USA and UBA are valid choices for people that cannot get the EWH or used the clicky in Vanilla.

I guess only parses will tell if USA+EWH is better than EWH+EWH and it will depend on RNG.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

Underworld Boundless Ages is 425 for 30s every 2m = 106.25 average. EWH is still better.

Underworld Serendipitous Assault is 550 for 6s at max every 20s = 165 average max potential. Likely better than EWH.

Personally I will go with USA (lol) and EWH but USA and UBA are valid choices for people that cannot get the EWH or used the clicky in Vanilla.

I guess only parses will tell if USA+EWH is better than EWH+EWH and it will depend on RNG.

Your math is poor.

Boundless age relic for underworld is 425 clickie and 32 base power.

Because this ability can only be used every 2 minutes and last 30 seconds, there is only 1:30 spent where it is not in use. 425/3 + 32 = 173.66...

SA is 550*0.3 + 32 = 197*0.3 per healing tick=59.1 power per tick, this goes up witth the more ticks per second you have.

EWH is 120

You are not correct.

Edited by mastirkal

Your math is poor.

Boundless age relic for underworld is 425 clickie and 32 base power.

Because this ability can only be used every 2 minutes and last 30 seconds, there is only 1:30 spent where it is not in use. 425/3 + 32 = 173.66...

SA is 550*0.3 + 32 = 197*0.3 per healing tick=59.1 power per tick, this goes up witth the more ticks per second you have.

EWH is 120

You are not correct.

No argument about my math being poor and I did miss the static boosts.

Why are you dividing UBA by 3 when it is only active for one fourth of its cd? Even then with the addition of the 32 static it takes over EWH, only problem is that healing often does not require you to press it off cd.

Don't get what you're trying to say for USA. (but I do see it being outright better than EWH, the Conqueror already is).

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

No argument about my math being poor and I did miss the static boosts.

Why are you dividing UBA by 3 when it is only active for one fourth of its cd? Even then with the addition of the 32 static it takes over EWH, only problem is that healing often does not require you to press it off cd.

Don't get what you're trying to say for USA. (but I do see it being outright better than EWH, the Conqueror already is).

The math behind that is

it's divisible by three because its effects last for 1/4 the total cool down. It would be divisible by two if the effect lasted a minute and had a cool down of two minutes. aka 425/1 * 1/3 = 141/66... +32 = 173.66...

As for the SA

It gives you the ability every 0.3 second per 1 second (6/20). We then have to divide this by how its effect only applies every 30% when that original 20 seconds are up to be reapplied. So every heal you make with the SA is roughly 59.1 power if you can get at least 4 ticks off in a second this raises it to it's full potential and likelyhood of ticking to almost 100%.

550*0.3(6/20)=165+32= 197pps (power per second)

197 power has a chance to proc every heal you do by 30% regardless of what they are

197*0.3=59.1 probable power per tick up to four where we get the likelihood to proc on one of those four to 0.3^4 having an no proc % of less than 1%.

So basically if you can get at least four heals off in the span of a second or less you can get the full force of the relic to an error % of 0.81.