APAC Servers Solution: For those who are for it :)

jackdaley

Check In If you're for it!

Pre-cursor: I'm from the APAC region and have toons for all 3 and am 100% for the server merges/ char transfers

Some uneducated players with unrealistic expectations are trying to get the APAC Server Solution reversed.

Now I know these guys have been talking to death about it and I;m sure you've heard of their laughable petition going around. But perhaps if they see some people who have logic bump this thread and agree with me they can be shown the error of their ways

THEY HONESTLY THINK PING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN POPULATION! HOW IMPORTANT IS THE PING IN PVP/FLASHPOINTS/OPS IF YOU CANT EVEN GET A QUEUE POP!

That is really the basis of their agurment, also the primetime aswell but the US servers are way more populated during our primetime than the APAC servers

Also they are planning a Server gathering with unoofical events on Dalborra just to show that a single APAC server can sustain a healthy population: little do these guys realise once said event is over the server population will just fade back into obscurity.

Edited by jackdaley

Check In If you're for it!

Pre-cursor: I'm from the APAC region and have toons for all 3 and am 100% for the server merges/ char transfers

Some unducated players with unrealistic expectations are trying to get the APAC Server Solution reversed.

Now I know these guys have been talking to death about it and I;m sure you've heard of their laughable petition going around. But perhaps if they see some people who have logic bump this thread and agree with me they can be shown the error of their ways

THEY HONESTLY THINK PING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN POPULATION! HOW IMPORTANT IS THE PING IN PVP/FLASHPOINTS/OPS IF YOU CANT EVEN GET A QUEUE POP!

That is really the basis of their agurment, also the primetime aswell but the US servers are way more populated during our primetime than the APAC servers

Also they are planning a Server gathering with unoofical events on Dalborra just to show that a single APAC server can sustain a healthy population: little do these guys realise once said event is over the server population will just fade back into obscurity.

I agree population > ping/community

Petitioning this happening is a joke and they. Will be very disappointed.

As for the server meeting party thing.... If the apac servers were so good how come these things don't happen on the regular? Waste of time for all involved.

I hope they merge us with NA soon ! :)

I agree population > ping/community

Petitioning this happening is a joke and they. Will be very disappointed.

As for the server meeting party thing.... If the apac servers were so good how come these things don't happen on the regular? Waste of time for all involved.

I hope they merge us with NA soon ! :)

I agree it is a waste of time really!

Once it's over it really only reinforce EAWARES decision to merge the servers.

Dont you think that all three APAC Servers merged into one would provide a higher population than 3 different off Peak NA Servers?

Remembering that the APC crowd as it stands will merge to three different NA Servers and therefore only really gain a small off peak boast from the NA Servers?

I agree population beats ping, however I would like both if possible.

Therefore I would think that a merged APAC Server would provide a better population than the off peak NA Servers will bring, especially if the APAC crowd merge to three different servers.

Now if the APAC crowd merged to the same NA Server the yes, I think the NA Server would be the better option.

However the APAC crowd as it stands will go too three different NA Servers and therefore gain the minor off peak boast and suffer a ping issue.

Im not knocking the idea, I just think we are better off as a single APAC Server first because being spread over three NA Servers at off peak wont bring as good a population boast as a single APAC Server would.

Edited by FrogSkin

I think it's a great idea!

Whilst levelling my Consular during double XP all the latter planets had 5 people there if I was lucky.

This was on Dalborra which is the most populated server, so the others would've had less than this thus therefore if there was a server merge then we'd still be struggling with 10 people.

Even Taris and Alderaan had probably 30 people on a Saturday afternoon. I can get more people into a Battlefield 3 match.

The petition is stupid. I'll create a SWTOR QoL petition about an extensive barber shop or server transfers and I'll have 1,000 signatures by the end of the day. They can't even get 1,000 signatures in a week, which isn't even two guilds worth. It's laughable and a lot of the signatures there are from "Anonymous", so they're actually sitting at perhaps 500 that are worth anything.

Dont you think that all three APAC Servers merged into one would provide a higher population than 3 different off Peak NA Servers?

No I don't.

You should create toons on each and let us know the results. Prepare to be disappointed.

You're also working on the assumption that everyone will be happy with a single, PVE server. When in fact many PvPers and RP'ers will prefer to move anyway. It's no as if 100% of the community are all going to be happy to be merged into one APAC, and more importantly, PVE server.

Edited by O_JohnnyBravo_O
Edit text

I am all for merging us with NA servers. On Gav Daragon, the later planets only have 5-10 people each. You can shout a whole day and got nobody to group up for heroic or fp. Population > Ping!

Those who are against merging with NA servers, they are entitled to their opinion, but just don't act like they represent all of us.

PS. APAC players are not limited to Australians. They are called Asia Pacific for a reason.

Edited by sanpats

I am all for merging us with NA servers. On Gav Daragon, the later planets only have 5-10 people each. You can shout a whole day and got nobody to group up for heroic or fp. Population > Ping!

Those who are against merging with NA servers, they are entitled to their opinion, but just don't act like they represent all of us.

PS. APAC players are not limited to Australians. They are called Asia Pacific for a reason.

Exactly, so many people speaking like its the whole of apac that wants this. The reality is a lot of people are happy this is happening and just aren't as vocal on forums because well... We don't need to be as what we want is happening :)

Players care because even if you're level 55 with full Elite (grade 169) gear on, you'll wipe over and over on NiM EC with a ping of 450 ms. The reason is because some mechanics like most of the Kephess fight, and much of the F&B fight require you to react fast (don't get under shields in time? Die. Don't get away from the active Pulsar Droid? Die.)

So that means that players who enjoyed doing Nightmare Raids will now wipe and wipe and wipe and wipe even if they have the skill to get their title the first week.

You're also working on the assumption that everyone will be happy with a single, PVE server. When in fact many PvPers and RP'ers will prefer to move anyway. It's no as if 100% of the community are all going to be happy to be merged into one APAC, and more importantly, PVE server.

I think server type means nothing now days. I play on MDN and would comfortably move to a PvE server. I mean its not like we have meaningful world PvP anyway.

As the poster above raises, ping will not only effect us PvPers, it will also effect the top end PvE Raid Teams.

Its the average player that does not play all of the end game content that doesn't care out ping.

I just think it's worth considering before we make a one way jump and discover that the end game content is not player-able with a 300 to 400 ping.

Oh the other thing, dont forget this wont happen this year anyway. The status quo will remain as is for at least till 2014.

How can I claim that, just have a look at Bioware's track record for implementing server merges. They have also stated that they have to update the server merge technology to accomodate ROTHC.

Considering ROTHC is being launched next week, we will have at least three months for them to bed the technology down and work out the major bugs/design flaws which will then bring us into June if we are lucky.

Then with development. testing and release of the server merges, I'm betting it will take another 6 months.

So us APAC players will be still playing on our abandoned servers for the remainder of this year, or at least a majority of it.

Edited by FrogSkin

jackdaley doesn't keep up with the high end raiding and I can understand that the casual audience, who may not need the super quick response time and fast reflexes, will have a more enjoyable time when merged with the US servers. Those who want to really challenge themselves though, especially with high end tanking and healing, needing to make split second decisions that just becomes too unreliable on 250+ms, may not enjoy the game as much.

Is it really that hard to understand that your way of thinking isn't the only solution? To laugh at what many of the population believe is another solution to a problem just seems small minded and immature.

jackdaley doesn't keep up with the high end raiding and I can understand that the casual audience, who may not need the super quick response time and fast reflexes, will have a more enjoyable time when merged with the US servers. Those who want to really challenge themselves though, especially with high end tanking and healing, needing to make split second decisions that just becomes too unreliable on 250+ms, may not enjoy the game as much.

Is it really that hard to understand that your way of thinking isn't the only solution? To laugh at what many of the population believe is another solution to a problem just seems small minded and immature.

I dare someone to try and get their "Warstalker title" with everyone in the Operation having 300 ms ping.

Oh the other thing, dont forget this wont happen this year anyway. The status quo will remain as is for at least till 2014.

How can I claim that, just have a look at Bioware's track record for implementing server merges. They have also stated that they have to update the server merge technology to accomodate ROTHC.

Considering ROTHC is being launched next week, we will have at least three months for them to bed the technology down and work out the major bugs/design flaws which will then bring us into June if we are lucky.

Then with development. testing and release of the server merges, I'm betting it will take another 6 months.

So us APAC players will be still playing on our abandoned servers for the remainder of this year, or at least a majority of it.

Dude they're going to bring out char transfers before the merges.

And they've already tested these transfers on the PTS, and from what i've read it was succesful.

So it will come most likely in winter.

Omg, I wish I wasn't so unducated. wtfbbq.

OMG get the pitch forks guys this idiot made a spelling mistake on the internet! Because that has never happened before.

It's a little trick called "click edit button"

GG. :rolleyes:

I dare someone to try and get their "Warstalker title" with everyone in the Operation having 300 ms ping.

Spot on. There will be those who believe they are doing the high end raiding just fine, but like jackdaley they are often being carried.

In the words of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!

Because at the end of the day EAWARE have made their decision and that's the bottom line because "Stone Cold" said so. *drinks beer* *gives the finger*

But in all srs 180-200ms on ops is easily playable.

But "ermmaagerrd i wont get a certain title, or achievment because I cant make a less than 0.2 of a second reaction due to bad internetz"

Honestly..

The people that care about that kind of BS are a minority and their opinions don't really matter at all, I respect them but it's not even worth a discussion/debate

Dude they're going to bring out char transfers before the merges.

And they've already tested these transfers on the PTS, and from what i've read it was succesful.

So it will come most likely in winter.

LOL, you go on believing that. Go back and read what they said.

The PTS Server transfers is the foundation for the Server Transfer system being released later this year

Translation: The end of the year next year, going off Biowares history.

Players care because even if you're level 55 with full Elite (grade 169) gear on, you'll wipe over and over on NiM EC with a ping of 450 ms. The reason is because some mechanics like most of the Kephess fight, and much of the F&B fight require you to react fast (don't get under shields in time? Die. Don't get away from the active Pulsar Droid? Die.)

So that means that players who enjoyed doing Nightmare Raids will now wipe and wipe and wipe and wipe even if they have the skill to get their title the first week.

Why do you talk about NiM EC with Jack ? it's quite obvious the highest raid he ever did is EV SM ;)

edit : or maybe DK world boss lol

Edited by river_of_Gem

LOL, you go on believing that. Go back and read what they said.

The PTS Server transfers is the foundation for the Server Transfer system being released later this year

Translation: The end of the year next year, going off Biowares history.

Well that's just like your opinion man :rolleyes:

Why do you talk about NiM EC with Jack ? it's quite obvious the highest raid he ever did is EV SM ;)

edit : or maybe DK world boss lol

EV HM :rak_eek:

KP HM :csw_jabba:

Denova HM... :tran_tongue:

and solo'd Voss world boss buddy :rolleyes:

Edited by jackdaley

Nonsense... so it's good that you put it in red font.

Their track record on server merges is pretty good actually. Not fast enough last year to please everyone in the US... but much faster then your fear, doom, and doubt campaign states. ;)

Your local servers will be lights out no later then sometime this summer.

Edited by Andryah

How good you are as a player have nothing to do with this. All paying customer entitled to their opinions on how to maximize their enjoyment, whether they are casual player or hard-core player. These insults from both side are not a sign of maturity. Just accept the fact that everybody have different taste and be done with it. For me, I prefer more population over the ability to react less than half a second faster.