Why are Armor Designs removed from the game?

Swissbob

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xenotech, Energized, and Battlemaster sets can still be crafted. Battlemaster sets should be free and clear...while energized and exotech have BoP resrtictions.

Did you just say what I think you said?

Are Xenotech Sets really still craftable?!

Have old PvP armors available in legacy bound schematics from the PvP vendor with the corresponding valor needed to unlock and costing a moderate amount of credits and/or commendations.

None PvP armor that is gone (not sure if it exist) should be available in an empty form for commendations in the appropriated lvl commendation vendor.

These armor existed, it's not like we are asking them to make new armors and give them to us for free, just asking for a way to *earn* them.

Some people will always come to a game later on.

And just "showing around these sets" can then become a form / a way to show eliticism.

In fact I'm pretty sure that this is what it will lead to.

I'm not at all happy with the remopval of things within the game - like the speeders as well, for example.

They weren't even used as Taxi designs !

Yup. Of course the people who already have them don't want them added back, because then they don't get an e-peen to wave around at the have-nots.

Doesn't matter if the armour is 'ugly' or not, some people will like it and some won't, it's the principle of the thing that matters.

Yup. Of course the people who already have them don't want them added back, because then they don't get an e-peen to wave around at the have-nots.

Doesn't matter if the armour is 'ugly' or not, some people will like it and some won't, it's the principle of the thing that matters.

I definitly agree with that.

That's not it at all. The people who have the schematics are making credits off having them, since they're the only way to get them crafted. I don't have the Battlemaster schematics but there's at least one person in my guild who does.

• 2 weeks later...
Why are Armor Designs removed from the game? (For example the Tionese/Columi/Rakata designs, War Hero and Elite War Hero, and the Recruit/Battlemaster designs?)

Now I understand why it makes sense to remove the actual armor stats (with the mods etc.), but what is the reasoning of not leaving behind a Vendor that sells empty shells with the same appearance as the armor, or even a vendor with schematics for the armor?

Isn't it a good thing to add more choices for your players, instead of intentionally removing content and choice from your game?

I don't see why Bioware actually removes armor designs instead of leaving them there for the players that want them?

Again, I understand the removal of the mods etc. (For simplification of the Endgame) , But these armor designs are found no where else in the game, and some of those armor designs are really cool. While the mods are no longer useful in any way, the armor designs are (For those who want them), And it doesn't make since to intentionally rip useful content out of the game.

What is the harm in leaving empty, mod-able shells of additional armor designs you have already made in the game, available to the players that want them? Or even schematics of the armor, to boost crafting a bit? Surely the pros of that outweigh the cons. (If there are any cons, that is.)

It would be a real shame to see armor designs that Devs worked hard on and players would like to wear, be removed from the game :( (And of course, there's also the abilities they're removing from the game)

Other Threads I have Found Discussing Similar Topics:

A list of what is being removed with 2.0?

Please don't remove TIonese / Columi and Rakata gears

Curious to Know... (Discusses Purple/Cyan crystals as well)

Expansion coming... so War Hero or Rakata?

Tionese After 2.0?

Why get rid of pommel strike, similar abilities? Large thread about the removing of abilities.

"Stun" Big Hitters

(Another thread that talks about the removal of Stun Hitters (Tumult, Headshot, Opportune Strike, etc.)

Please bring back the old level 50 PvP and PvE gear

Tionese/Columi/Rakata Gear for Cartel Market

Bring Back Old Level 50 Armors

Retired Armors for Adaptive Gear

Bring Back Xenotech Gear

Old PvE and PvP Gear

Removed Items

Petition for Old Tio/Col/Rak

Old Armor Sets Suggestion

Old Gear Offer

Retired Tiered Gear Shells in the CM

Bring Battlemaster, Tionese sets back as shells

Put Old Endgame Armor Sets on the Cartel Market

Tionese/Columi/Rakata Sets post 2.0

Make the Craftable Columi sets BoE So We can Sell them.

As of 8/17/2013, that's:

23 Threads

72 Forums pages

581 Posts

And these are just the ones Randolph and I have found.

Bioware, many of your players/customers are upset by you removing content and denying them choices. :( It's a lot of potentially happy customers, and very little work required on you part, Bioware! ;)

Support these threads as well! Hopefully we can get a good response from Bioware about the removal of these harmless armor designs! ;)

Man i understand you!! and i know ur pain.

a lot of % form this game is willing to look how they want to...and no need for dismissing old gears ....

when u arrive ur gear time..(50-55) when u dont have any to do(calss quests) and gearing up u want to look how u want in ur pretty way.

I admire this thread,And i know ur pain cuz i wnat the old gear (for me specialy the columi) back !

i will not stop love BioWare if this company will back the old gear for our taste and choice...

BioWare PLEASE RETURN THE OLD GEAR , FOR THE SWTOR FAITHFUL !!!

:hope_03::hope_03::hope_05::hope_05::hope_05:

Isn't it more important to provide choice to everyone in the game, or provide a sort of "digital bragging rights" to a very select few. I've been around since launch, and while my mains have full access to the gear from when they earned it, my alts don't. It doesn't even benefit me ( who's been around since launch) to do what you described, and the very select, dwindling few that would benefit can't nearly be worth the staggering, ever growing majority that it would be negatively affected.

Besides, there are already World Event armor and items that provide "Digital Bragging Rights."

Oh, and yeah, a few of them are ugly, but that doesn't really matter. What some might think are ugly, others might love and want for their character. Are you saying Bioware should remove every set of armor that some people think are ugly?

Yes, but you can only RE something you have... and if the way to obtain them is removed from the game, you can't RE them. For my alt I created today, or my friend who just joined the game last week, we have no way of gaining them to RE in the first place.

And besides, you can only RE Battlemaster and War Hero for Schematics, not Tionese/Columi/Rakata.

Have you met my friend the GTN?.. or maybe try a wtb XXX or ask guildy?

Have you met my friend the GTN?.. or maybe try a wtb XXX or ask guildy?

As he pointed out, you can't get the Tinoese/Rakata/Columni gear anymore. period. And, I do believe that is the majority of what look people are wanting them to at least bring back as an option for those who want it- even if it's a CM item. And, frankly, I don't see anything wrong with that, why would I? 1) It hardly does me any harm. and 2) Shouldn't all players be able to like the look of their avatars? After all, if we didn't, we wouldn't need any options in our character generators or have any modifiable gear in the first place. :D