Comms and 2.0

QBSlide

Players who have used the overflow limit and have more than the maximum number of Commendations will not be able to gain new Commendations until they fall below the maximum amounts.

50/100 Planetary Commendations, i mean only one-two planets? I smell BS for my current comms! :mad:

Edited by Glower

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically classic comms will be worthless unless you want to get 63's for some stupid reason in 2.0? So they are more useful to use up all your comms and reverse to obtain and sell mole stabs right?

Classic Comms will only get you level 61 mods....not level 63s.

63 = Dread Guard gear, which requires tokens that only drops from Operation bosses. You will be able to get these tokens in lower tier ops than before however.

61 = Campaign/Black Hole gear, which will be able to be bought with Classic Comms

Edited by Jilisipone

50/100 Planetary Commendations, i mean only one-two planets? I smell BS for my current comms! :mad:

You could still buy, e.g., low-tier shells for your companions, and keep up to the max to fit them with higher-end mods after the patch.

All in all, I don't think the change will be too bad apart from the perceived loss. Looking at it in all honesty, what do you really lose? A bunch of commendations that you'd never have spent anyway. However, when leveling new characters, you can make much more efficient use of the currency to get stuff that's actually useful. Heck, I've never really used many commendations before hitting Nar Shaddaa or even Tatooine.

Classic Comms will only get you level 61 mods....not level 63s.

63 = Dread Guard gear, which requires tokens that only drops from Operation bosses. You will be able to get these tokens in lower tier ops than before however.

61 = Campaign/Black Hole gear, which will be able to be bought with Classic Comms

Ok so that makes them even more worthless. Classic Comms in 2.0 are like tionese crystals correct? So I'd best reverse their worth to obtain stabs while they still have value, or am I wrong here?

So glad they updated from PTS to allow unlimited weekly planetary comms. The old limit would really have hampered leveling up Alts.

where does it say that? Oh you said weekly and I read total cap (which would be nice by the way)

Edited by capsales

I double checked with the developers on this one: All gear that can be purchased with Classic Commendations will be level 50, so you'll be able to purchase those pieces at level 50. As for gear purchased with Planetary Commendations, the Makeb gear is currently level 52, but you'll be able to use other Planetary vendors to purchase gear below level 52. On a side but related note: Level 55 PvP Gear will not be able to be purchased until level 55.

I understood the question to be, at what level can we buy the Basic gear (the level 55 starter PvE set). Because if you can't buy that gear before 55, then the comms caps are going to make it impossible to save up for a full set by the time you hit 55, which is pretty obnoxious and dumb, given all the new content you have put in specifically to give us comms to save up for that gear while leveling through Makeb.

You can have it one way or the other; not both. If you're going to impose these stupidly low comm caps, then you need to let us spend as we go, so we can use the comms when we cap out. If we have to wait until 55 to spend the comms we've been earning all the way from 51 to 54, and from all those new dailies and weeklies, then you need to jack the caps way up to give us room to save all of them that we're getting.

Also, why would we be getting Planetary comms on Makeb? I understood the entire point of everything on Makeb to be giving us Basic comms, which we will need to buy our level 55 starter gear. I thought all the green gear we get would be from regular quest rewards and drops. We don't need more useless leveling comms on a planet that only lasts for five levels anyway.

Why am I still subscriber when they give me an limit on how much Commendations I can farm?

I mean come on. Where are the benefits of beeing a subscriber? Is bioware scared that I could farm all the Commendations in less then 4 Month? Why you dont want that I play as much as I want?

I mean I pay much money

and then this. What comes next? 20 hours playtime for every player and then you need to wait until next week?

Why am I still subscriber when they give me an limit on how much Commendations I can farm?

I mean come on. Where are the benefits of beeing a subscriber? Is bioware scared that I could farm all the Commendations in less then 4 Month? Why you dont want that I play as much as I want?

I mean I pay much money

and then this. What comes next? 20 hours playtime for every player and then you need to wait until next week?

I think this is a flaw they need to fix, if I look at the current state of the game i don´t see a good reason to spend my hard earned money here anymore, if i pay for the game I want to be able to play it. I mean come on didn´t they notice they SUCK at estimating time or the amount of the game ppl spend with Swtor they should just go and get someone who knows what is going on and how to handle the ppl who actually want to play the game. Nothing more to say it´s an insolence.

I mean I pay much money

I think people are over-reacting to the comm caps. Especially considering they've been there all along in reality. Curently on live, you are limited to the number of comms you can earn a week (except for Tionese). Every other type of comm in the game currently is limited by the number of ways to collect them. There are a limited number of ways to get Black Hole comms, and you can only do those so many times per week. Therefore you are limited to the number of Black Hole comms you can earn per week. The same is true for Columi and Daily comms as well.

The only Comm you can farm with no limit (to my knowledge) is the tionese comms, since you get these for completing flashpoints, of which you are only limited by the time you spend doing them.

In 2.0, they are just moving those caps from the number of ways you can earn them, to the actual number you can earn per week. Granted, I think that the cap #s seem to be quite low, but I am willing to reserve judgement until I'm actually doing 2.0 content to determine if the numbers are too low or not.

In the end, putting these weekly limits on in-game currency is there in order to help maintain balance between the players. It helps to ensure that players that for whatever reason, are able to play the game 20 hours a day dont make obsolete the players who only play a few hours a day. Quite honestly, it's also there to help save players from themselves to try and eliminate reasons to play 20 hours a day.

The overall limits are there to make sure that people do not hoard in-game currency and break the economy. If people have 10s of thousands of planetary comms and the game designers put new gear into the game, they have to stuggle with how much to charge for it. Too little and everyone buys it all in the first day and complains it wasn't enough.....too much and it takes new players too long to earn each piece and they get frustrated. It's all a matter of trying find a balance.

I support the idea of capping commendations; however I do worry that the current numbers may be too low. But I am willing to reserve judgement until I am experiencing the new system and have factual numbers to go by. It's not like the cap values won't be able to be easily changed in future patches if the numbers do in fact need tweaking.

Yes???

I'm not going to go so far as to say they are worthless.....but it is true that the relative value of Classic commendations will be rather low.

I am not speaking from experience here, ( I never tried leveling on PTS), so I could be misspeaking; but it is my understanding that Makeb questing difficulty levels have been designed based upon players going there being in level 61+ gear. If this isn't the case, and it's just like any other planet where you can go there in Greens from Ilum and faceroll to 55; then I am mistaken.

However, if I am correct, then those classic comms are going to be used to gear mains and alts into the gear they are going to need to move beyond level 50 and into new content.

If all of your characters are already in level 61+ gear and you do not plan on creating any more characters.....then I conceed that yes, Classic Comms will be pretty much worthless to you. However, this is nothing that really isn't expected. You can't expect that when a game releases an expansion that raises the level cap, that all of the tokens and comms someone may have been hording doing level 50 content can be used to buy level 55 gear.

Its the same reason they are putting a total cap on the planetary comms. You can't really expect to horde the comms from Drommund Kaas / Coruscant and use them 40 levels later to buy Ilum level gear.

TL;DR: This happens in almost every game when an expansion hits (especially one with a level cap increase). Current content is made mostly obsolete as the new content comes in. From what I understand SWTOR is doing a much better job of minimizing this than most other games do; but expansions always devalue "old content and currencies". To keep a game viable, you have to have a way to hit a virtual reset button every now and then to maintain balance.

Edited by Jilisipone

You can't expect that when a game releases an expansion that raises the level cap, that all of the tokens and comms someone may have been hording doing level 50 content can be used to buy level 55 gear.

With the way I have seen EA do things, you would be surprised what I expect. Thanks for clarifying, I'd rather horde credits than worthless 61's

I think people are over-reacting to the comm caps. Especially considering they've been there all along in reality. Curently on live, you are limited to the number of comms you can earn a week (except for Tionese). Every other type of comm in the game currently is limited by the number of ways to collect them. There are a limited number of ways to get Black Hole comms, and you can only do those so many times per week. Therefore you are limited to the number of Black Hole comms you can earn per week. The same is true for Columi and Daily comms as well.

The only Comm you can farm with no limit (to my knowledge) is the tionese comms, since you get these for completing flashpoints, of which you are only limited by the time you spend doing them.

In 2.0, they are just moving those caps from the number of ways you can earn them, to the actual number you can earn per week. Granted, I think that the cap #s seem to be quite low, but I am willing to reserve judgement until I'm actually doing 2.0 content to determine if the numbers are too low or not.

In the end, putting these weekly limits on in-game currency is there in order to help maintain balance between the players. It helps to ensure that players that for whatever reason, are able to play the game 20 hours a day dont make obsolete the players who only play a few hours a day. Quite honestly, it's also there to help save players from themselves to try and eliminate reasons to play 20 hours a day.

The overall limits are there to make sure that people do not hoard in-game currency and break the economy. If people have 10s of thousands of planetary comms and the game designers put new gear into the game, they have to stuggle with how much to charge for it. Too little and everyone buys it all in the first day and complains it wasn't enough.....too much and it takes new players too long to earn each piece and they get frustrated. It's all a matter of trying find a balance.

I support the idea of capping commendations; however I do worry that the current numbers may be too low. But I am willing to reserve judgement until I am experiencing the new system and have factual numbers to go by. It's not like the cap values won't be able to be easily changed in future patches if the numbers do in fact need tweaking.

I however don´t give a dam about ppl who don´t play as much, in fact I couldn´t care less about them but once they start to disrupt MY game i start to get anoyed. I don´t care if they can´t or don´t want to play as much as I do but I want progression for the time and money I invest in the game or I´m simply gonna find another game, and I hope a lot of other ppl will think this way. First they are telling us "ooooh we didn´t expect u would take less than 4 months (!?!) to lvl up to 50" and now "oooh we have to be careful not to allow players to progress too much" I am wondering if they are thinking AT ALL...I am (kinda) sorry for my tone here but im rly infuriated and won´t accept the fact that they limit my progression that much because of ppl who don´t play the game as much as I do. I mean CMON who is keeping the game alive after all? The guy who is playing for bout 20 min/day or ppl who play 4h+ good god....

So here is a question then. Should I hurry up and use up all my daily comms then? Since the ratio of them is 4:1 when we turn them in, shouldn't I spend them now? Like in the daily commendation vendor, something that costs 120 daily commendations now, after 2.0 will it cost 120 basic commendations too? Or will the prices be fixed to where it will cost just 30 basic comms?

I would say yes. Dread Guard relics are effectively doubling in price (150 Classics = 600 Dailies, currently they are 300 Dailies), just for example.

I however don´t give a dam about ppl who don´t play as much, in fact I couldn´t care less about them but once they start to disrupt MY game i start to get anoyed. I don´t care if they can´t or don´t want to play as much as I do but I want progression for the time and money I invest in the game or I´m simply gonna find another game, and I hope a lot of other ppl will think this way. First they are telling us "ooooh we didn´t expect u would take less than 4 months (!?!) to lvl up to 50" and now "oooh we have to be careful not to allow players to progress too much" I am wondering if they are thinking AT ALL...I am (kinda) sorry for my tone here but im rly infuriated and won´t accept the fact that they limit my progression that much because of ppl who don´t play the game as much as I do. I mean CMON who is keeping the game alive after all? The guy who is playing for bout 20 min/day or ppl who play 4h+ good god....

Totally agree with you. They should not punish the people for playing a lot or limiting their time they can play.

I would say yes. Dread Guard relics are effectively doubling in price (150 Classics = 600 Dailies, currently they are 300 Dailies), just for example.

Tricky subject. First of all those relics are not as good as the PvP ones, even in PvE. I never understood or liked this but I do not know if that will be fixed in 2.0

Secondly, we don't know if it will be easier to get classic comms in 2.0 Right now the chests of the bosses drop tio/columi comms in EV and KP. If those turn into classic comms then it I can imagine it will be easier to get classic comms and then it makes sense that they cost more comms since it takes less effort to collect those comms.

Tricky subject. First of all those relics are not as good as the PvP ones, even in PvE. I never understood or liked this but I do not know if that will be fixed in 2.0

Secondly, we don't know if it will be easier to get classic comms in 2.0 Right now the chests of the bosses drop tio/columi comms in EV and KP. If those turn into classic comms then it I can imagine it will be easier to get classic comms and then it makes sense that they cost more comms since it takes less effort to collect those comms.

I completely agree that Classic Comms will be much easier to get post 2.0 than BH comms are currently. However, that doesn't elminate the fact that it is more economical to spend your current BH comms on current level 61 gear before the 2.0 patch vs using those same comms to buy level 61 gear post 2.0 patch. You simply get more gear for the number of comms you spend.

Because of the ease of getting classic comms post 2.0, I'm perfectly fine with the Campaign gear prices as they were as of the last PTS values. Just hate to see someone spend more comms after 2.0 to get the same gear that they could have gotten cheaper before the patch for much, much cheaper.

I don't care about the conversion, i care that we get a 200 weekly cap, which is FAR too low. I fail to see the point in telling people who pay 15 bucks a month how much stuff they can earn. What exactly gives them the right to tell someone how much stuff they can earn in a game they pay monthly for? Please, someone explain this crap. What freakin' yahoo at Bioware thought this garbage up? I can see FTP people being capped, but NOT subscribers. Next you'll have a time allowed cap? A credit cap? A time logged in cap? The logic if this completely defies any sanity.

Ohh, and good luck gearing your companions now.

I pay 15 bucks a month for a game, only to get told I will be limited on what I can earn!!!

I can see FTP people being limited, but NOT subscribers.

PEOPLE WILL PLAY THE GAME LESS WITH CAPS!!!

Just saying this now...Bioware, you better get ready for a LOAD of hatemail when 2.0 comes out.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I completely agree that Classic Comms will be much easier to get post 2.0 than BH comms are currently. However, that doesn't elminate the fact that it is more economical to spend your current BH comms on current level 61 gear before the 2.0 patch vs using those same comms to buy level 61 gear post 2.0 patch. You simply get more gear for the number of comms you spend.

Because of the ease of getting classic comms post 2.0, I'm perfectly fine with the Campaign gear prices as they were as of the last PTS values. Just hate to see someone spend more comms after 2.0 to get the same gear that they could have gotten cheaper before the patch for much, much cheaper.

Yeah and I agree with that. To me it also seems it's better to spend them now than save them for later. However, I am still not sure if classic comms only get BH gear. If they give Hazmat gear, then it could be worth it.

Edited by Tsillah

I think people are over-reacting to the comm caps. Especially considering they've been there all along in reality. Curently on live, you are limited to the number of comms you can earn a week (except for Tionese).

In the end, putting these weekly limits on in-game currency is there in order to help maintain balance between the players. It helps to ensure that players that for whatever reason, are able to play the game 20 hours a day dont make obsolete the players who only play a few hours a day. Quite honestly, it's also there to help save players from themselves to try and eliminate reasons to play 20 hours a day. .

Caps have been there, but they were NOT so bloody low. Not even close to being this low. You can only essentially buy 2-3 pieces of armor a week now. Good freakin' luck gearing your companions now.

Before 2.0 you could gear a toon up to Campaign lvl gear within a week of hitting 50....with 2.0 god knows how long it will take now. It's REALLY disconcerting and putting me off.

Tell me about this mysterious" balance" putting caps on things brings? What does it matter if some guy want's to play 20hrs a day and earn everything? If that's what he chooses to do, that's his business. How does that effect ANYONE else? It doesn't. Save players from themselves? How is that your business? Is this the nanny state of gaming now? People pay 15 bucks a month for a reason and should never be told they are limited on how much they can play or earn in the game. EVER.

Edited by DarthVengeant

So the way I read this. There is no point to play the game now till after the 2.0 patch goes live because I won't get jack all for the comms I currently have. I still don't like such a low limit on comms can't you put it to 1000 like all our current ones?

I mean really I pay for this damn game. Like the poster above me said. You want me to pay for the game don't tell me I can't play it all day long and all week long. That is for free to play games that limit the amount of deaths you can have or whatever. Unless of course you would prefer I went free to play? I could do that I guess.

Edit again...

Another thing about this that rubs me the wrong way... PVP token cap stays the same. so I can still gear up a toon in full PVP gear in less then a week if I am slightly motivated. but with the cap on classic comms I can't do that under any circumstances at all. Not impressed at all bioware Not impressed at a..

Edited by Kyleslater