Comms and 2.0

QBSlide

Classic commendation gear will be current BlackHole one, where 5 out of 7 armorings is Endurance > Mainstat. Without Campaign armorings, you will have to resort to buying player made 63 armorings, which won't have a set bonus. And because after 2.0 armorings will provide set bonus and not the shell, you can't fix it with putting the crafted armoring in a set bonus shell.

You can still get Campaign and DG gear in 2.0. Dulfy's site has the content of all the vendors. The armorings alone are going away, but I think you can still buy the gear pieces with either tokens or comms.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed a thing noone seemed to address yet:

Classic commendation gear will be current BlackHole one, where 5 out of 7 armorings is Endurance > Mainstat.

Without Campaign armorings, you will have to resort to buying player made 63 armorings, which won't have a set bonus. And because after 2.0 armorings will provide set bonus and not the shell, you can't fix it with putting the crafted armoring in a set bonus shell.

So it's either under par stats, but set bonus, or sane stats and no set bonus.

This is really dumb, IMHO.

Actually you are wrong. Classic Comm loot will be Campaign Gear, not Black Hole. And most of the Campaign armorings are Main Stat > Endurance if I'm not mistaken.

Tionese, Columi, Rakata, and Black Hole are all being removed in 2.0.

Edited by Jilisipone

Is there a cap on the number of Black Hole comms you can convert?

Black Hole Comms become Classic Comms at a 1:1 ratio. You have a one-time overflow cap of 800 classic comms. However, Tionese (6:1 ratio), Columi (4:1 Ratio) and Daily Comms (4:1 ratio) also convert to Classic Comms.

So in the end, the cap of the number of Current Comms that convert to Classic Comms is 800 and is based upon all existing comms you have except for PvP comms and Planetary Comms. As long as your total of (Tionese / 6) + (Columi / 4) + (Daily / 4) + (Black Hole) < 800, you won't loose any comms. If it's > 800....better spend some before Tomorrow.

Black Hole Comms become Classic Comms at a 1:1 ratio. You have a one-time overflow cap of 800 classic comms. However, Tionese (6:1 ratio), Columi (4:1 Ratio) and Daily Comms (4:1 ratio) also convert to Classic Comms.

So in the end, the cap of the number of Current Comms that convert to Classic Comms is 800 and is based upon all existing comms you have except for PvP comms and Planetary Comms. As long as your total of (Tionese / 6) + (Columi / 4) + (Daily / 4) + (Black Hole) < 800, you won't loose any comms. If it's > 800....better spend some before Tomorrow.

If you have more than 1 BH comm, you should spend now as the prices go up significantly tomorrow. Even buying a BH piece along with a Campaign armoring today will cost significantly less than buying one Campaign piece tomorrow.

This holds true even if you have no use for any BH stuff as you'll still get more to either RE or vendor today than you will after the conversion.

The only comms it would be worth carrying over are excess Tionese, Columi and Daily - assuming you have geared your main companion, don't need any of the DG Relics or Daily Comm schematics, and could still use some Campaign level items (for yourself, alts, companions).

Again though, if you have no use for Campaign level gear at all, then it would be better to use up the comms today and just vendor the items for credits.

Edited by DawnAskham

I noticed a thing noone seemed to address yet:

Classic commendation gear will be current BlackHole one, where 5 out of 7 armorings is Endurance > Mainstat.

Without Campaign armorings, you will have to resort to buying player made 63 armorings, which won't have a set bonus. And because after 2.0 armorings will provide set bonus and not the shell, you can't fix it with putting the crafted armoring in a set bonus shell.

So it's either under par stats, but set bonus, or sane stats and no set bonus.

This is really dumb, IMHO.

I read a thread in the PTS forum, some weeks ago, that any armoring put into tionese/columi/rakata shell would add the bonus set to said armoring . Someone even posted a pic with a green might armoring 2 having bonus set.

If that still works that way, you could have your crafted armoring 63 on tionese shell that would give the bonus set after tomorrow. Would be cool to know if this still works like that

I read a thread in the PTS forum, some weeks ago, that any armoring put into tionese/columi/rakata shell would add the bonus set to said armoring . Someone even posted a pic with a green might armoring 2 having bonus set.

Would be kind of hilarious to legacy smuggle a set of armoring 2s like that to your alt and have a set bonus at level 9.

Thanks for responding, but I am not sure I understand the reasoning behind these caps.

I agree. I can somewhat understand not allowing others to save up for very high level gear, but I don't.. I'm currently questing on an alt who had 82/50 plan. comm's; however, the stuff he needs is one-two lvls above his own and can't get them><. If I turn in quests, atm there's some crap greens or comm's that I won't recieve. Therefore, I have to do something else to get to this level first, so I don't feel like I've wasted something in the game, before I can continue on questing:(

This is my opinion. I just think it makes things far more tedious than they need to be. We should all get what we earned.

The planerary cap needs to be raised indeed. Just completing one planet I got more than the limit, similar experiences with my other alts.

Infact, one of the reasons why I subscribed was the commendations limit (that used to be 20) for f2p. I don't want to be worried about this and be forced to spend them in nonwanted stuff while I'm playing.

On one hand they encourage you to level quickly with double xp weekends and xp buffs and then cap the classic comms....I want to know what genius made this decision?

I had a few Rakatta pieces in inventory and opened them to help gear my sage's healing companion. No warning and the weekly cap was full and I wasted a couple of 75 com boxes before I noticed I wasn't getting them added to my total to use later on. I for one don't want to raise all 10 alts immediately to level 55 because even new content gets old quick if it's done immediately over and over (I got my main to 55 in 10 hours and my next over 2 days not trying hard. ) Now I have been sitting in 55 hm/fp queues for hours with my all 63 Dreadguard BH and no luck so I am forced to guess what????....level another alt to 55.

I love the new xpac and appreciate all the work they did to create it but for heaven's sake, take the dang com cap away so I can at least gear up my companions in Camp gear to make them viable at 55!

Edited by Darkwords