/Salute Eric Musco

Drebs

For responding to even the whiniest posts ...

For always correcting overinflated expectations ...

For standing in the fire when its the only way to quell the flames ...

... the SWTOR community of players /salutes you.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the OP. There has been a dramatic improvement in communication since Eric took over. I just hope it keeps up and he doesn't get axed or leave like everyone else.

Week of 04 March: 72 gold posts

Week of 11 March: 74 gold posts

Week of 18 March: 54 gold posts

Week of 25 March: 36 gold posts (through Thursday)

Methodology: Simple count of posts listed on DevTracker per day (US Eastern time) regardless of content or poster

I agree with the OP. There has been a dramatic improvement in communication since Eric took over. I just hope it keeps up and he doesn't get axed or leave like everyone else.

Honestly I would be more worried about him being driven away by the player base than getting fired. I am pretty sure that's what has happened to every other yellow poster that left.

Absolutely agree!!! Eric has been phenomenal so far. Best Community Rep I've encountered in any game tbh -and no, I'm not trying to suck up, I sincerely feel that way. Maybe it's because prior to him we were treated as annoyances waiting to be dealt with that I'm so impressed, but whatever the reason, I think we're fortunate he took the position.

Methodology: Simple count of posts listed on DevTracker per day (US Eastern time) regardless of content or poster

Prior to Eric, we'd go a week with maybe 2. I'll take 36.

Honestly I would be more worried about him being driven away by the player base than getting fired. I am pretty sure that's what has happened to every other yellow poster that left.

I'm not so sure...I think Stephen Reid got canned because he spent more time on HIS Twitter account than he did the forums. Joveth acted like he was running a prison camp and I don't think he was at all right for the position. Eric seems to have a very good grasp on the community...he was obviously a troll in a previous life ;)

I'm not so sure...I think Stephen Reid got canned because he spent more time on HIS Twitter account than he did the forums. Joveth acted like he was running a prison camp and I don't think he was at all right for the position. Eric seems to have a very good grasp on the community...he was obviously a troll in a previous life ;)

I'm still wondering if Gabe is working with this game or not...

As for the OP, totally agree, Eric has a done a great job with the player base here. Big kudos.

"Reaaaaaal forum herooooess..."

"Today we salute YOU, Mr. high-threshold-for-b.s.-Community-Manager..."

Seriously though him and his team are doing a nice job. Best part imo opinion: Down to earth communications.

Edited by Joesixxpack

• Dev Post

First, thank you for the kind words (don't forget the hard work of Courtney and Amber too!), but I wanted to touch on this really quick. I know a lot of folks will look at volume of posts, etc. as an indicator so I wanted to comment on that.

One reason that you saw so many posts when I took on the team compared to the subsequent weeks is that there were a lot of issues that had yet to be communicated on. I made it my goal to get as many big issues addressed or commented on as I could (this is ongoing, of course). Back then there was a lot more bigger stuff pending that we hadn't talked about so it will look like the posting numbers are inflated.

You will also see higher post counts around new Updates being on PTS or after Updates go live. Basically what I am saying is try not to look too definitively at post counts as the only indication of communication :)

It will be our continued goal to communicate as often and transparent as we can. Know that we can't always answer anything and everything but we will do our best. Feel free to PM any one of the community team members, especially me, if you feel an issue has gone unanswered and we will see what we can do (no promises, of course).

-eric

Quality of posts my friend.. NOT quantity. ;)

When there is more information and more confused QQing in the forum.. you see more gold posts. When it dies down or there are no major game based announcements... number of gold posts goes down. It's basic supply demand only in a forum context.

Nice attempt at griping though. ;)

That is all.

Quality of posts my friend.. NOT quantity. ;)

When there is more information and more confused QQing in the forum.. you see more gold posts. When it dies down or there are no major game based announcements... number of gold posts goes down. It's basic supply demand only in a forum context.

Nice attempt at griping though. ;)

That is all.

Wasn't griping. Just posting what I counted.

The two weeks prior to Joveth's departure:

Week of 11 Feb: 25 gold posts

Week of 18 Feb: 23 gold posts

First, thank you for the kind words (don't forget the hard work of Courtney and Amber too!), but I wanted to touch on this really quick. I know a lot of folks will look at volume of posts, etc. as an indicator so I wanted to comment on that.

One reason that you saw so many posts when I took on the team compared to the subsequent weeks is that there were a lot of issues that had yet to be communicated on. I made it my goal to get as many big issues addressed or commented on as I could (this is ongoing, of course). Back then there was a lot more bigger stuff pending that we hadn't talked about so it will look like the posting numbers are inflated.

You will also see higher post counts around new Updates being on PTS or after Updates go live. Basically what I am saying is try not to look too definitively at post counts as the only indication of communication :)

It will be our continued goal to communicate as often and transparent as we can. Know that we can't always answer anything and everything but we will do our best. Feel free to PM any one of the community team members, especially me, if you feel an issue has gone unanswered and we will see what we can do (no promises, of course).

-eric

Oh, absolutely. I'm quite pleased with the frequency and content of your team's posts. Just counting is all. Would hate for you all to slack off after such an awesome start... :p

Edited by DarthTHC

For responding to even the whiniest posts ...

For always correcting overinflated expectations ...

For standing in the fire when its the only way to quell the flames ...

... the SWTOR community of players /salutes you.

When I first read this... I thought... exactly like our loyal companions in game! :p

Anyway.... I very much agree. :)

Eric and the rest of the team on the forum are doing a great job. Normally... it's a thankless job managing a forum... so they definitely deserve thanks and props for their efforts.

Even some of our arch cynics in the forum have taken pause and commended Eric and team for the excellent work on the forum.... and honestly.. that in some ways means more IMO then receiving thanks from some of the more balanaced and objective members here. :)

/inb4 a cynic enters and posts that the bar was set really low for Eric and team to start with. 'Cause I know that one is coming.... :p

Edited by Andryah

I was just going to mention the High Queen of Twitter. I truly disliked that Dude.

-eric

This is signature worthy IMO. :)

If dramatic improvement means burying an entire APAC community's future in the general forum that hardly any player actually reads....it's worse than I feared.

I agree with TUXs. :D

There is an important observation to make here, because the personality, background, and experience is very relevant for a role such as Eric has now:

Steve was witty and communicative, but it was very much centered around the "new social channels" of the internet. That fit who he was... but it did not fit very well for "old internet channels" like traditional forums. He also came across as very marketing focused.

Joveth was very professional, yet always felt a bit aloof to me (and to others in my impression). So I spent some time over on Linked in to understand his background. Sure enough.. Joveth comes from an HR background..later Marketing... and while he left that at a later part of his career... it very much fits with how he came across in the forums.....professional, proper, very much adherant to "company line". That is not a knock on HR professionals, it's just the nature of that role.. but it's not that good a fit for community relations in an internet forum IMO.

Eric has a different background, and clearly a different personality then his predecessors. Check him out on Linked in... and the rest of the team too!

Anyway.... it boils down to the right people for the role.. and Eric fits the role very well IMO.

/2-cents

Edited by Andryah

If dramatic improvement means burying an entire APAC community's future in the general forum that hardly any player actually reads....it's worse than I feared.

Wut???

You talk like Eric is making policy surrounding the game. :rolleyes:

Edited by Andryah