2.0 Hoodstar Merc hybrid spec VIABLE FOR RWZ

MrGrzecka

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, just because harbinger is pre, doesn't mean we're ALL clueless. This guy (op) obviously is though

The PVPers on a PVE server are not going to have the same level of PVP experience as the players on a PVP server. If you take the best from a PVE server and put them up against the best from a PVP server the winner is a forgone conclusion every time.

That being said, the best from a PVE server would do fine in a regular match against regular PVP server players.

The OP fits into none of the "best" categories with this build.

Edited by Mercury_Down

The PVPers on a PVE server are not going to have the same level of PVP experience as the players on a PVP server. If you take the best from a PVE server and put them up against the best from a PVP server the winner is a forgone conclusion every time.

That being said, the best from a PVE server would do fine in a regular match against regular PVP server players.

The OP fits into none of the "best" categories.

that's a discussion that's been going on forever in MMOs though, so lets not get into it. we'll just agree to disagree.

however, the OP is definitely a mewmewkitten if he thinks that spec is going to be anything but useless

I really hope you are trolling them with this non-sense...

'Specially in a game where every server is basically PvE!

Lol da fuuun?

How many ranked warzones have you played exactly? Because if the number is closer to 0 than it is to 1000 then you sir are clearly not experienced enough to even speak on the PVP forums.

Now I am not going to pull a you and make some ridiculous claim like this dudes better than this dude even though they never even fought each other but I know cos this one eats at Wendy's and not McDonald's so he has more experience with square burgers. What I am going to say in complete and utter seriousness is this spec is uber legit. This guy rolls everyone on our lil PVE server. So much so that I rerolled a toon on a scurry PVP server and tried this spec there and to my astonishment it was just as effective! This guy is on to something. 2.0 Rise of the Hoodstar.

Edited by daveyggg

The OP fits into none of the "best" categories with this build.

And here I thought the OP was going to have said the most ridiculous thing in this thread.

So much so that I rerolled a toon on a scurry PVP server and tried this spec there and to my astonishment it was just as effective! This guy is on to something. 2.0 Rise of the Hoodstar.

So since you're running this 2.0 hybrid on a live server maybe you could fraps some RWZ footage, or maybe post a screenie with your skill tree and the final scoreboard. I mean since you're running it on live and all.

So since you're running this 2.0 hybrid on a live server maybe you could fraps some RWZ footage, or maybe post a screenie with your skill tree and the final scoreboard. I mean since you're running it on live and all.

Oh this thread is about a level 55 hybrid? I mainly just wanted to respond to that know it all guy who had everyone's experience level figured out based on the server they play on. Now I am not saying his conclusion is wrong just that he has no idea of knowing for sure as he stated.

Also, sarcasm. I know it is a terrible way to express a point on he Internet but hey I used it, you used it, it's just fun.

Oh and also again, this guy plays on the bastion.

And is clearly incredibly serious about this build and if I were a betting man I'd say every ranked team will be running a Hoodstar spec merc in RWZ in 2.0.

Oh this thread is about a level 55 hybrid? I mainly just wanted to respond to that know it all guy who had everyone's experience level figured out based on the server they play on. Now I am not saying his conclusion is wrong just that he has no idea of knowing for sure as he stated.

Also, sarcasm. I know it is a terrible way to express a point on he Internet but hey I used it, you used it, it's just fun.

Oh and also again, this guy plays on the bastion.

And is clearly incredibly serious about this build and if I were a betting man I'd say every ranked team will be running a Hoodstar spec merc in RWZ in 2.0.

Almost certainly. The question is will they be running anything else? I mean why would you?

Well the spec I play is certainly not a 1v1 spec but I would probably wipe the floor with whatever that spec is.

wait what? i have an elite warhero merc that wouldn't scratch a sin (you know a good one that knows how to play the class) are you telling me thats about to change?

Well the spec I play is certainly not a 1v1 spec but I would probably wipe the floor with whatever that spec is.

wait what? i have an elite warhero merc that wouldn't scratch a sin (you know a good one that knows how to play the class) are you telling me thats about to change?

The PVPers on a PVE server are not going to have the same level of PVP experience as the players on a PVP server. If you take the best from a PVE server and put them up against the best from a PVP server the winner is a forgone conclusion every time..

Not the first time I've seen PvP server types offer this advice. And as any reasonable person will agree, having the letter P rather than the letter E in your server classification will boost your skill 20%.

Anyone know how the PTS ranked matches where teams from different servers played off against each other went? Don't really have to ask of course, given it's a foregone conclusion. But satisfy my curiosity.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Don't go getting your panties in a bunch guys. I apologize if you took my blanket statement as an insult to yours or any other person's skill level.

But...

You take players who do nothing but PVP all the time in a population which PVP's all the time and you put them up against a PVP team that PVP's in a smaller PVP population at a less frequent rate.

I know who I'd put my money on.

Not the first time I've seen PvP server types offer this advice. And as any reasonable person will agree, having the letter P rather than the letter E in your server classification will boost your skill 20%.

Anyone know how the PTS ranked matches where teams from different servers played off against each other went? Don't really have to ask of course, given it's a foregone conclusion. But satisfy my curiosity.

Yup, he is obviously oblivious to the recent PTS ranked matches and their results. Nostrum from Red Eclipse (pve server zomg) did run 8 hybrid mercs tho, so it's not hard to see how they kicked so much ***.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.