The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Day 1 people please post reply...

Rewzter

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been here since pre launch. Always subbed. Always will until finances dictate otherwise.

I love the game. Mainly play solo PVE on The Harbinger. But I help out other players now and again when I can. I generally don't group up because I WILL tick you off with my shortcomings on what my role is within the group. :p Here for the story and exploration. I play maybe three times a week for a few hours each session. It will take me an eternity to get through all the classes! Oh well, still having fun, though. that's the main thing.

Played the beta, my old PC couldn't handle it very well so I just left. Now i'm back more than a year later, rolled a bh on Harbinger, like it a lot so far, should have came back sooner. Edited by MndlrMerc
typo

I've been here since Early Access and I'm still enjoying the game. I'm not letting all the negative vibes come to my heart. Ofcourse there are some bad points, but name me 1 MMO that's perfect in every single way. I trust that everything will turn out ok and if it won't, I can say with 200% that I've had a good time playing this game.

I was in the beta, the Pre-Launch, got in on the Digital Deluxe pre-order, and have been a sub from day 1. Took some short breaks from the game, but have always come back, never broke the subscription. The game has had its ups and downs, but it was worth sticking out.

Early Access/Beta. Still here, still loving it. Don't have anywhere near the time to play anymore. My Shadow still isn't 55, my guide isn't updated, I'm not "operating" anymore. But, still having a blast!

EDIT: Collector's Edition and Day 1 Makeb purchase as well.

Edited by ckoneful

Been playing since beta as well and still pretty pleased with the game. Happily pre-ordered Makeb as soon as I could and still feel it was worth it. I even enjoy helping out on the PTS when I can. Sometimes I feel like taking a little break but that's normal for me... I am not big on raiding and I pretty much only play solo or with real-life friends and family, so I feel as though the TOR model is just right for my play style. Will continue to sub for the foreseeable future.

Only thing I don't really enjoy doing frequently is top-level PVP. I enjoy it while leveling because it can be so random (yeah some matches are awful and frustrating, but some are awesome too) and it's good for skipping some of those side quests I've done a bazillion times. But I burnt out on top-level matches like a year ago and don't really feel like I'm missing out by not playing them.

Yeah, there are a lot of little things I'd change if I could and I don't always agree with dev decisions... but hey, that comes with any game, even single player games.

Been here since open beta and day one early access, and have subbed the whole way.

I find it worthwhile as its something to do with all my friends. I've convinced myself not to unsub a few times just on the basis of my guild, but the game seems to be heading in an entertaining direction, so it may be worth the sub.

I have been here since day one and all through Beta. I, personally, still love the game and will continue to subscribe until the game is shut down.

Why? I love the game, it offers one thing no other MMO can, and that's Star Wars. I love Bioware as a developer and whilst this is their first MMO and there are some issues and bugs, the fact that it is Bioware keeps me loyal, for many reasons, but the main one being, they can tell a story better than almost any other developer on the Market. The class stories and the under lying story in the game keep me entertained and I actually feel that Bioware have spoiled me with the storylines. I have tried Tera and GW2 and the story lines in both those games make me lol. The cut scenes and the voice acting aren't anything near the level and depth that SWTOR is. That's why I, among many others, understand that content does take so long to develop for SWTOR because everything is fully voice acted and every new warzone, flashpoint and ops requires new voice acting and new cutscenes.

I play with a great bunch of people in my guild. People that have become friends to me during our time playing SWTOR. They are a great group of guys and they make the experience that much more fun and I know people in the guild who have 17 or 18 character slots now, just because they are enjoying the game so much.

I'm not saying it's all rosy...I was a little annoyed with the new customisations, especially as, due to personal preference, except my Sage, all my other characters are either Chiss or Zabrak. The lack of new customisation options for these races (and in particular Zabrak, who didn't get anything new at all) did annoy me somewhat and the new dye modules aren't as good as I hoped they would be, especially as most SWTOR gear has components that makes only having a primary and secondary colour look a bit daft. But I am hoping that as time goes on, they will introduce more customisation options for the different races, and the dye modules will be enhanced further, to enable us to make truly unique outfits for our characters.

I do believe SWTOR is value for money. The amount of content that we have had, without needing to pay for it, is quite extraordinary and I do believe that Bioware in particular acknowledge and appreciate the loyalty of their subbed players. I know I'm not going anywhere soon, SWTOR has my sub for a long time to come

Im still here. Hit 50 during early access. The game started on a high note with it being a Star Wars game. Once everyone got full Rakata after a few months, it all slowed down and the unsubs started. It got kind of stale for a while but 2.0 was a well needed update.

I stayed current on all the changes, possible changes, proposed chages, nerfs, buffs, and exploits. Lots of stuff was disappointing, especially the 2.0 bolster fiasco that lasted about a month. I had fun times, and frustrating times.

But all in all, its just a game. Its not gonna last forever and the sooner you accept that, the better off you'll be on that fateful day when it all has to end. (FYI I am happy playing and have no plans to stop just yet.)

Best parts: Star Wars. Lightsabers. Missiles. Companions.

Worst Parts: Way too easy to level. No traditional "mob camping" options

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Got in the last 2 beta weekends, CE edition preorder, early acess, Makeb - been subscribing since day one. I still play it constantly, and love it! 15 characters so far, and regularly buy cartel coins too. Love everything about it :D

I'm like a founder, but unlike LOTRO, I am still paying...

Do I think it's worth it, yes, this is the only one to date that I will pay for...

I still have LOTRO, I had GW, hated GW2 (wasted $$$ there)...

Cartel Market = LOTRO Store, but completely a slap in the face to subscribers...

I am the only one left playing in my guild, from my coworkers to LOTRO friends that came to SWTOR with me, I am the only one left... I beg daily for those to come back, even F2P, just to enjoy the game with me, problems with that are as follows, ROTHC expansion not available to purchase with cartel coins for those that dont believe a subscription is worth it anymore, numerous complaints in reference to getting back into the game, logging in, phone support to get back on to their SWTOR account, even...I'm just wasting my breath aren't I...

ESO anyone, we shall see...doubt I will leave SWTOR, but I will try...

Closed Beta member. Played since July of 2011. With two years of play under my belt, it's still a great game. Don't like some things, but having played many MMOs since launch (and sometimes before), I don't see the problems I've had with the game any different from theirs. I'd have to say that I take a pretty long view about things and I've got at least a year or two (unless EA/BW does something stupid) before I would write this game off completely. The way I look at it, the game was a year away from being done, so I consider that the game launched December of last year, rather than in 2011. Having that mindset has helped me cope with the many frustrating facets of this game.

I am a Beta Tester & Earlier release player who is still going strong. Currently have been averaging 100+ hours a week play time. Playing on The Ebon Hawk server since June 2012, previously Lord Adaras and Kath Hound.