So NDA is down so i can say Makeb is great, you will love the planet.

Lord_Karsk

How efficient is the leveling process on Makeb? Will it be the fastest way to level to 55?

Was also on the closed beta and thought I would address this... Unless they make some changes before it goes live, the primary arc will NOT give you enough XP to make it to 55. This includes the side quests while you level. You will be as low as 53 when you finish, and this time around one level really makes a difference.

That being said most all of the quests are really well streamlined. You pretty much do two quests per Mesa and then on to the next one, making travel very smooth. It just felt like there weren't enough quests to help you hit 55. Some people had a better time at it than others.

That being said at 52 you get access to the seeker droid and bino quest lines, these will give you more experience, and if nothing else you immediately get access to all of the GSI dailies when you start these questlines. There are GSI quests on Makeb, and in most cases you can do them as you go through the planet so it will help give the extra quests you need.

Finally, when you finish the planet there is a repeatable (weekly) questline that opens up. This I can almost guarantee will give you the rest of the XP you might be missing out on.

As for alternative leveling options... You can always go hit up Section X and the Black Hole to grab some quick XP (people reported getting half a level from doing those two) and there are always operations, which will give XP and be super easy, you just have to get 8 people for them.

I hope this didn't come across too negative, it really isn't a "long" experience to get to 55 no matter how you try to get there. I also highly recommend doing the story at least once, it is completely awesome! And so are the stories for the bino questline and the seeker droid.

Edited by Chickensevil

I only have one question about the story, i would love it if you (or anyone that knows) to answer it. Let's say i played once with my Sith Inquisitor, if i decide to play with my sith warrior will i experience anything different? (I'm not considering choices in the story or cameos of something i did in the class story, i'm asking about real difference depending on my class of choice)

No its the same and gets boring fast. I love the first time and tabbed through the 2nd your toon will say diffident things but that's it.

Wow... I'm really looking forward to it!

I have no issues with finishing it, the story, short of 55. Dailies Ops etc will get you what you need. Plus I imagine you still need to grind the Basic comms for gear to be ready for 55 HMs anyway.

Damn... I now only wish the 2 weeks would fly by so I can jump in to early access. But they will slither slowly by... like a Hutt heading for work.

Non-Divulgation Agreement

Or something like this

Nondisclosure agreement. Basically, I will not say anything about [whatever thing you are dealing with] without prior consent or until the NDA is lifted. You see them a lot with gaming and other tech related companies, also in the Auto industry on the development and testing side as a couple of examples.

Please tell me HK-51 is talking during quests, like all the other companions!

Non of the companions have speaking parts in the dialogs. What he was referring do was their observations as you walk around the planet. Which have been done very well.

However, HK DOES show approval or disapproval to your dialog choices... Gotta be careful with him cause while saying one thing will give you like 1k of affection, saying the wrong thing will drop you by 1k affection. Not all are this dramatic of course, but that is about what it was for his "crit" affection choices, when you pick something he REALLY REALLY likes or hates.

Needless to say, HK had mixed feelings about my Bounty Hunter's choices... He loved it when I would kill people but hate it when I would spare them if there was something else to be gained... Lets face it, if you aren't killing people as an assassination droid, I would be rather upset too.

Non of the companions have speaking parts in the dialogs. What he was referring do was their observations as you walk around the planet. Which have been done very well.

HK-51 is already commenting when you land on each planet and in certain places, he also talks to HK-47 in false emperor. So basically nothing new at all. :jawa_frown: Unless they're commenting like 20 times more often, which I really doubt.

However, HK DOES show approval or disapproval to your dialog choices... Gotta be careful with him cause while saying one thing will give you like 1k of affection, saying the wrong thing will drop you by 1k affection. Not all are this dramatic of course, but that is about what it was for his "crit" affection choices, when you pick something he REALLY REALLY likes or hates.

Random numbers popping up on the bottom left corner of my screen mean nothing to me (especially since I have my cargo filled with tons of gifts). If he does not like what I do he should SAY IT.

Edited by Aelther

You'll have to forgive me if this has been answered somewhere already but I haven't found any mention of it since the NDA has been lifted.

I remember reading ages ago that Makeb's PvP mechanics would be the same as much as you may encounter in any other leveling planet. However, how closely linked are the two factions leveling areas? Will you be encountering the enemy faction on a regular basis, therefore perhaps in the first weeks having a lot of PvP? (Double-edged sword of course, personally I hope there'll be a lot of fighting between the factions on this new planet!)

Or are the leveling areas for the most part separated and you may not encounter anybody?

You'll have to forgive me if this has been answered somewhere already but I haven't found any mention of it since the NDA has been lifted.

I remember reading ages ago that Makeb's PvP mechanics would be the same as much as you may encounter in any other leveling planet. However, how closely linked are the two factions leveling areas? Will you be encountering the enemy faction on a regular basis, therefore perhaps in the first weeks having a lot of PvP? (Double-edged sword of course, personally I hope there'll be a lot of fighting between the factions on this new planet!)

Or are the leveling areas for the most part separated and you may not encounter anybody?

they've said that they've deliberately brought the two factions' quest areas closer together and even overlapping in some places in Makeb.