Thank You for WRECKING Space Combat in 3/26 Patch!

VonFaart

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know it's a priority, and it will be fixed in Game Update 2.0!

So, does this mean that we will get the 2/4 BH-commendations, the 5/10 daily commentations, the reputation items and the credits for completing the space missions (+bonus mission-credits) per IG-Mail?

26.3. to 8.4. are 12 daily missions and 2 weekly. That are 32BH and 80 daily commendations, about 130k credits (missions + bonus missions) and 40k from the sale of the reputation items (for every lvl50 char).

In my case (5 lvl50 chars and i normally make the heroic space missions with all of them every day) are this about 850k (missions + reputation items), 160 BH and 400 daily commendations that i will lose...

sry for my english, i know it´s not the best :cool:

Hi everyone,

We've determined that this is a problem with Grade 7 Beam Generators only, and it doesn't affect any other Space Combat parts. Unfortunately, as many of you already pointed out, it also makes [HEROIC] Space Combat missions frustrating or unplayable for the time being.

I've added the bug to the Known Issues as of today. We know it's a priority, and it will be fixed in Game Update 2.0!

April 14? You call that a priority? Hotfix this now.

Hi everyone,

We've determined that this is a problem with Grade 7 Beam Generators only, and it doesn't affect any other Space Combat parts. Unfortunately, as many of you already pointed out, it also makes [HEROIC] Space Combat missions frustrating or unplayable for the time being.

I've added the bug to the Known Issues as of today. We know it's a priority, and it will be fixed in Game Update 2.0!

So... It doesn't effect my Grade 7 Laser Cannons which when equipped now only do 30 damage instead of the 100 it is supposed to? Seems I am having issues with both the Generators and Laser Cannons. Please let me know if I am incorrect in this assumption, but shouldn't there be 2 things to fix?

Not to nitpick, but 2.0 drops on the 9th, not the 15th. The 15th is the opening of RoTHC for the general public, while the 9th is 2.0 going live and the beginning of the 5-day early access for CE owners of HC.

No, just till April 9 but that´s not even better :( . From the News:

Early Access starts Tuesday, April 9, 2013. At the same time, Game Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy will also go live

I think waiting till 2.0 is rather absurd given the movements made to stop Ilum XP and all manner of other hotfixes but it has been obvious Space is not a priority.

It comes as no surprise to me at this point. The ratio of glitches in this game that hurt us to ones that help us is 100:1 yet as soon as that one in a hundred helpful bug is identified, it becomes priority one. I'm not saying helpful bugs shouldn't be removed like all other bugs, just that game breaking bugs, which are exponentially more common than the former in this game , should definitely be a higher priority. Saying that you are okay with heroic space missions being broken until you get around to fixing it in a couple weeks is a totally unacceptable waste of my time and money. It's time that BW puts the same effort into fixing the things they break as they do into crushing any minor, unintended advantage we get! I could tolerate one or two days of this glitch while they work out a solution, but over two weeks is the epitome of laziness. If that ends up being the case, I fully expect to be compensated for all the time I've missed because BW will not get of their lazy asses and fix what they broke! This is not me being entitled or lazy; this is me being fed up with irritating to totally debilitating bugs being left to fester until the programmers at BW decide to get off their high horses and clean up the messes they made while I suffer the consequences! Enough is enough.

Have not read 14 pages of this thread, so sorry if its been pointed out already.

I use a mix of grade 5 and 6 gear to complete these missions and nothing has changed. From this I assume that its grade 7 gear thats bugged and not base blaster damage.

For those using grade 7 gear an easy fix would be to switch out for grade 5 or 6 gear.

Hope this helps people get through the missons till they correct this issue.

Ok I logged into my toons today to run the heroic space missions and I noticed that on both of my Troopers and my Smuggler the Grade 7 blasters are not registering a blaster damage on the equipment sheet. And do no damage in combat, also on my Jedi Guardian the power conversion module is not increasing damage dealt as it should... so its an apparent bug that broke multiple Grade 7 gear items.. not sure what other equipment is broken.. but it may seem that the patch may have altered some coding in game that has broken this equipment.. please Bioware roll out a quick fix so that the space combat players may enjoy this part of the game again. thank you. Edited by Hinso

Hi everyone,

For a quick fix how about you just let us take a group into the space missions? Come complete and total carange would be glorious, I can see the ships pilled up now.

Leaving an entire section of your content - which isn't very much to begin with - completely unplayable for over two weeks is completely unacceptable. I pay a monthly fee for this game and I expect to have issues pop up from time to time, but I expect your due diligence in fixing them. Not waiting until it is convenient to graciously "allow" me to play the content I pay for.

Hi everyone,

Because I know people are going to look at this and whine, realize that it's in less than two weeks, which is faster than any fix they make except literally game-breaking ones. Having to use a grade 5 charger instead of grade 7 for two weeks on optional content which will have its rewards rendered worthless when it's fixed? Yeah, nice try. Find something better to QQ about.

Edited by idnewton

Because I know people are going to look at this and whine, realize that it's in less than two weeks, which is faster than any fix they make except literally game-breaking ones. Having to use a grade 5 charger instead of grade 7 for two weeks on optional content which will have its rewards rendered worthless when it's fixed? Yeah, nice try. Find something better to QQ about.

Tell me what content is not "optional"?

To randomly single out space combat as an "optional" content doesn't give any weight to your argument.

Hi everyone,

Is game update 2.0 this week i.e. 2nd April, or is it the following week aka 9th April. Cause it seems a long time to wait on this fix if it is the 9th of April.

It's the 9th.

And they are not 'fixing' the space combat, they are just leaving it be because we are not deemed important enough to spend resources on for a hotfix.

Let's see them break Warzones and see if they dare to tell that community to 'wait till 2.0 comes out...'

Hi everyone,

srly? 2.0? Hotfix it.

BTW, peoples bought these generators in cartel market. And you refuse to release the hotfix. This is not normal, even for f2p game.

I come here to check to see if anyone else is having problems, and I see this post and find out it's my Blast Condenser that got broke, so I play around. Equipping just the Laser Cannons gives me a RoF of 4 and per shot damage of 100, then equipping the Blast Condenser gives me a RoF of 6 but per shot damage of 30, finally, I remove the Blast Condenser and equip my Rendili Hyperworks Beam Generator and get a RoF of 10 and per shot of 100 with a bonus of +25 to my shields. My DPS would drop from 1200 to 1000, but the extra 4 shots per second actually helps clear the minefields better. Bioware, when are you going to introduce craftable only Grade 8 upgrades with a set bonus, like the grades 2, 4 and 6?.

I am reposting the pertinent information from my earlier post, as I know many people don't read entire threads. I know alot of people sold off their Grade 6 upgrades when they got their 7's, and it has been said that the Grade 5 upgrade would work for the heroic missions. I have a suggestion for the programmers for a workaround on this issue. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but, could you reset everyone's space combat flags to show that they havn't completed the Aeten Defense/Kalee Fortification missions. Those are the missions that give the Rendili Generator as a reward the first time you clear the mission, and would allow the players who have gotten rid of their Grade 6 upgrades a suitable substitute for the broken Grade 7.

I love the dramatic nature of some of the titles we see here. ;p

Anyway, if you kept your old beam charger (the one that shoots 10 shots per), just put that in and you will be fine until the fix. If not, spend 15k and buy the next one down (Grade 4? 8 shots per), change out a couple of your others that boost blaster damage (at a cost of armor etc.) if you need and you will be able to finish them.

I switched mine out and am back to one shotting them all.

Tell me what content is not "optional"?

To randomly single out space combat as an "optional" content doesn't give any weight to your argument.

It is completely optional. I have 2 50's that didn't do a single space mission. That kind of makes it seem like it's optional.

It is completely optional. I have 2 50's that didn't do a single space mission. That kind of makes it seem like it's optional.

In that train of thought, the entire game is optional. Don't need quests/warzones/flashpoints or even advanced classes to get to 50...so your arguement is still invalid.

Everything in the game is optional (exept the class-mission from the first 2 planetes, you will need your ship for traveling)! You don´t have to do FPs to level your char, you don´t have to do normal NPC-missions, you don´t have to craft something, you don´t have to make OPs to get good gear (you can buy it from the GTN!), you don´t have to make PVP. Just go and kill NPCs on the planetes when you got your personal ship to travel to them and you can get your char to lvl50 too!

Space combat is a part of the game like each other, so don´t say this is the only part that is optional, everything is optional!

In that train of thought, the entire game is optional. Don't need quests/warzones/flashpoints or even advanced classes to get to 50...so your arguement is still invalid.

That doesn't make the arguement invalid. You have blinders on. Of course the whole game is optional, but just because a part of the game you like is optional as is a part I like doesn't make anything invalid.