So who is unsubbing

Dafydil

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OHMYGOD 160 MS LETS ALL QQ AND QUIT THE GAME LOLOLOllollllll you're pathetic all you muppets quitting wont be missed hope ya get hit by a truck on ya way out

- Carthy xoxoxoxox <3

160ms?

You little fool. If it was 160ms lag, I'd have less of a problem with it. It's going to be the constant 300+ms lag, the elitism from clueless *********** Americans who will brag that Australians "just can't make it",

One of the things that drew me away from World of Warcraft to SW:ToR was the promise that finally, finally, my money would be treated as being as good as some American's. I would have access to the same end-game content under the same conditions. This was a big selling-point that BioWare pushed really, really hard prior to launch to try attracting Australian/Oceanic players.

But they messed it up with the whole redzone fiasco. Their decision - to segregate large parts of their prospective market from access to opening day - put a crack into that idea, and a lot of Australians who were interested decided that they weren't anymore, which has undoubtedly fed into this cycle.

What has BioWare's response to this been? To shaft the players who went with them anyway, who may have been pissed over the redzone/greenzone issue but believed Bioware when they said it was a mistake that wouldn't be repeated. Basically, they've decided to punish me for sticking with SW:ToR.

I just tried making a character on The Harbinger, to see if the lag was less severe than I'd thought. I eventually gave up out of frustration, since the first 15 names I came up with - including the names of each and every one of my current characters and several backup ideas - were not available. Most probably, my legacy name would be unavailable too - so I'm essentially being ordered to give up everything unique to my characters in order to soother BioWare's already-bloated bottom line.

So my conclusion is this: BioWare can go screw itself. Sideways. Without lube.

And between this, EA's ******** over Mass Effect 3 (Here! Save the Universe - oh, wait. Screw the Universe over in the colour of your choice instead!), the fail Dragon Age 2 rush to release (gotta get a new cash-cow out each year, even if the quality of the game obviously suffers as a result) and its subsequent ******** over SimCity 3 (that whole failtastic DRM policy of threatening anyone who complains with revocation of the right to play games they'd previously purchased), I'd say that this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

EA will never see another cent of my money again. Not. One.

And if this means that I miss out on games that I'd otherwise be tempted to play, so be it. At least this way EA and Bioware don't get to screw me over at whim without warning.

Nah tell me what changed you fkn pos mad she had a go at you today fkn ****

I'm so mad, bro. I am currently transforming into a madsaurus.

Getting called out in a conversation I had no part in due to association is a low blow. A very low blow. I can honestly say I didn't expect it. But meh. What's done is done. Hands have been revealed. Yay. Wish I knew a whole lot sooner.

160ms?

You little fool. If it was 160ms lag, I'd have less of a problem with it. It's going to be the constant 300+ms lag, the elitism from clueless *********** Americans who will brag that Australians "just can't make it",

One of the things that drew me away from World of Warcraft to SW:ToR was the promise that finally, finally, my money would be treated as being as good as some American's. I would have access to the same end-game content under the same conditions. This was a big selling-point that BioWare pushed really, really hard prior to launch to try attracting Australian/Oceanic players.

But they messed it up with the whole redzone fiasco. Their decision - to segregate large parts of their prospective market from access to opening day - put a crack into that idea, and a lot of Australians who were interested decided that they weren't anymore, which has undoubtedly fed into this cycle.

What has BioWare's response to this been? To shaft the players who went with them anyway, who may have been pissed over the redzone/greenzone issue but believed Bioware when they said it was a mistake that wouldn't be repeated. Basically, they've decided to punish me for sticking with SW:ToR.

I just tried making a character on The Harbinger, to see if the lag was less severe than I'd thought. I eventually gave up out of frustration, since the first 15 names I came up with - including the names of each and every one of my current characters and several backup ideas - were not available. Most probably, my legacy name would be unavailable too - so I'm essentially being ordered to give up everything unique to my characters in order to soother BioWare's already-bloated bottom line.

So my conclusion is this: BioWare can go screw itself. Sideways. Without lube.

And between this, EA's ******** over Mass Effect 3 (Here! Save the Universe - oh, wait. Screw the Universe over in the colour of your choice instead!), the fail Dragon Age 2 rush to release (gotta get a new cash-cow out each year, even if the quality of the game obviously suffers as a result) and its subsequent ******** over SimCity 3 (that whole failtastic DRM policy of threatening anyone who complains with revocation of the right to play games they'd previously purchased), I'd say that this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

EA will never see another cent of my money again. Not. One.

And if this means that I miss out on games that I'd otherwise be tempted to play, so be it. At least this way EA and Bioware don't get to screw me over at whim without warning.

http://i.imgur.com/T8iMTR3.gif

What if Carthy has been posting in pink this whole time? Is that why "Daffy's" posts have a signature and aren't in pink?

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I type in pink (Daf). Carth doesn't. /shrug. Just don't feel like doing it now. -Daf

Contemplating it honestly. Only came back for the 50ms.

Not sure I can handle playing another game on 250+ms on a good day for me.

Kills the fun factor. Especially playing Shadow and I ain't rolling ranged.

So will see what happens when the time comes.

About as mature a post as I've ever seen you make, Dafydil.

Scratch that: it's the most mature thing you've ever posted on these forums. Congratulations on finally demonstrating the mental acuity and social skills of a toddler.

you know mate, before you actually come crying about how badly the lag is going to kill your game, have you tried rolling on harbinger to see how it is? Ive been playing MMOs before there was ever an APAC server, overcoming the lag is easy, id actually consider spouting the pvpers mantra of l2p.

Edited by darthnish