So who is unsubbing

Dafydil

A lot of us have played on US servers before mate. For basic stuff the ping won't be a problem. It becomes an issue when you're trying to seriously PvP or PvE though. The extra ping will royally screw you over whenever you're trying to avoid red circles / move for specific fight mechanics in PvE, and GL trying to stun or knock people back effectively in PvP.

I've done it before, and while I could deal with the ping on Harbinger, when I transferred over to Dalborra it was sexy as hell and I loved it. I still do. I don't want to have to give up trying to be competitive in this game just because I'm forced to have crappy ping.

Also Carth, seriously shut up dude. You might think it's a good thing, but for lots of perfectly valid reasons it's not. People are entitled to their opinions and you shouldn't force yours on them just like you hate them forcing theirs on you.

Edited by Vindrik

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've run PvE/PvP on Dalborra with a 600ms connection before, and I managed to heal a few Hard Modes with my latency as such (room-mate was having, what I can only describe as a 4 hour whack-a-thon). So I'm not exactly talking out of my rear when I mention the latency (which, as I stated before, it sits pretty stable at 180-240ms, so it's not like it's ridiculous or anything).

All I'm saying is, people need to give it a proper chance before getting all twisted up in the crotch area over a little bit of lag.

Edited by Thebetts

All I'm saying is, people need to give it a proper chance before getting all twisted up in the crotch area over a little bit of lag.

It's not only that man it's the community. I really liked the Dalborra community. Now they are lumping us into the West Coast US servers. Even if I wasn't unsubbing theres no way I would want to play in that abortion of a community.

I've found people to be nothing but helpful and friendly so far, but, upon saying that, I haven't made it to the Fleet yet, so I'll reserve my judgement of the community until I see the larger scale of Player Interactions. It won't make much of a difference to me, as I tend to ignore General Chat most of the time (unless I'm in a FP or particularly gruelling PvP match).

I am unsubbing and getting my refund for ROTHC and unlike carthy, 20ms to 160ms is noticeable to me and highly annoying and not worth paying for after having lower ping. And since a majority of my guild will not go over to the american servers there absolutely no incentive to go there.

I am unsubbing and getting my refund for ROTHC and unlike carthy, 20ms to 160ms is noticeable to me and highly annoying and not worth paying for after having lower ping. And since a majority of my guild will not go over to the american servers there absolutely no incentive to go there.

Must be terrible for you leap > sweep your sweeps must miss bro.

Must be terrible for you leap > sweep your sweeps must miss bro.

lol, i'll just stick with being a pyro if i was to play on 160ms. But leap > sweep is not the issue with ping its not being able to interrupt when you went, use cc's when you want, avoid aoes properly, fire traps, so much other issues that arise not just from missing a lolsweep.

Hahahahahahaha you think trolling made this merge happen hahahahhahahhahaha

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412

It was this thread with everybodies concerns about APAC servers peace though you wont be missed.

Read your own source, idiot.

I havent included posts from Dalborra's Forums in this edit as they are doing OK'ish.

Hello Bioware

I have created this post in an effort to consolidate all the recent posts contibuted by the APAC/Oceanic server communities regarding the current rapid decline in population on Master Dar'Nala (PvP) and Gav Daragon (RP). It appears the population is OK but not large on the Dalborra (PvE) server.

But hey, never mind - a one-size-fits all approach ALWAYS works, right? Right?

You Yankee trolls are such a hoot.

I will keep the sub up and running. way i look at it, 180 ping is .36 of a second back and forth with a GCD of 1.5 seconds should not make too much difference, just dont expect to be the first one to get the huttball. I think the only killer is if they have the known lag spikes as that will affect us more, but i also hear that the server has already been optimised so not happening as much.

I hope many more gimps carry over, i know we prob all will (and i hope other guilds also go over early to team up and try things together on the new server like us Gimps will)

As they always say, try before you buy, make a lowbie in the double xp weekend and hang out with the new server then make your decesion.

Edited by Tarqz

I'm sticking around. For us APAC players outside of Oceanic, our ping will likely improve, and the higher population is a bonus. I was for a server merge because it made the most sense for most of the players here, but of course we shouldn't be surprised that EA does these kind of things.

I just subbed. Well like 2 months but I didnt play last month.

And finished levellign my sage, vanguard and scoundrel.

And the reason i resubbed was becuase I thought "Guild wars 2 is a steaming pile of *********, I will go play the one game where I won't get disadvantaged by lag or annoyed by constant disconnects, aka SWTOR. Even if it is only like a few warzones a day."

they are removing my main motivation to play it, i know this game has a GCD and is doable with 200-300ms ping but I dont wanna go back to that when I used to have 10-15ms ping so yeah. This is like warhammer again. Open with too many oceanic servers (i think we could support 1), and then instead of merging them into 1 like people want dump them and merge to US servers to cut costs. Guess im gonna have to quit online games or bite the bullet and go thru the pain of being a FPS neophyte.

xx

Kisses

A lot of us have played on US servers before mate. For basic stuff the ping won't be a problem. It becomes an issue when you're trying to seriously PvP or PvE though. The extra ping will royally screw you over whenever you're trying to avoid red circles / move for specific fight mechanics in PvE, and GL trying to stun or knock people back effectively in PvP.

I've done it before, and while I could deal with the ping on Harbinger, when I transferred over to Dalborra it was sexy as hell and I loved it. I still do. I don't want to have to give up trying to be competitive in this game just because I'm forced to have crappy ping.

Also Carth, seriously shut up dude. You might think it's a good thing, but for lots of perfectly valid reasons it's not. People are entitled to their opinions and you shouldn't force yours on them just like you hate them forcing theirs on you.

Just backing up vin's post here also

I also started out on a american server The Shadowlands to be precise the pop was around standard to high back in the day.

Nothing good will come of this merger your deluding yourself if you think otherwise

i wiped more than once during raids due to lag issues (on z&t red circles belive it or not)

and on weekday's it was a ghost town around 4-5pm aedt probably max on fleet was about 20 i kid you not

that's why i opened a ticket and got transfered here

so if your one of those ppl thinking Oh boy instant pops!!!!

Think again...

Just backing up vin's post here also

I also started out on a american server The Shadowlands to be precise the pop was around standard to high back in the day.

Nothing good will come of this merger your deluding yourself if you think otherwise

i wiped more than once during raids due to lag issues (on z&t red circles belive it or not)

and on weekday's it was a ghost town around 4-5pm aedt probably max on fleet was about 20 i kid you not

that's why i opened a ticket and got transfered here

so if your one of those ppl thinking Oh boy instant pops!!!!

Think again...

lol I played on the harby for about 2 weeks a month ago it was instant pops 3 instances with 200+ on each.

even @ 6pm AEST had more players than Dalborra does went down to about 150 @ 9pm~ but picked up to 200 at midnight will be even more once we get merged.

Edited by Dafydil

lol I played on the harby for about 2 weeks a month ago it was instant pops 3 instances with 200+ on each.

even @ 6pm AEST had more players than Dalborra does went down to about 150 @ 9pm~ but picked up to 200 at midnight will be even more once we get merged.

Seeing will be believing

You know were going to The Harbringer right? the most populated server in the game *sigh* some people are just that stupid it seems.

Oh yes i know exactly where we are going

but ahh some ppl (that will remain nameless) tends to speak through there *** per'say

This is just... wow. I'm so confused about all of you that are giving up without even trying it out first (unsubbing), and at those people that I have played with that are all up shouting or yelling we want this or else I shall quit blah blah lag is horrible blah! Wah wah! I don't get it. @Vindrik, hardcore PvE. Uhm excuse me but I did EC Nim with you guys WITH my amazing ping difference. I interrupted when ordered too, moved out of aoe, healed and kept up with you all. You have just about NOTHING to complain about. Like seriously? I healed for you guys, ping isn't an issue at all, and I barely noticed it. And I'm pretty sure most of the times those that had less lag messed up still on ops. Hmm. @ Ppl saying Carth is trolling. No shush and listen for a bit. Plenty of people on this server have high ping to those with 20 or less etc. Like Steel, Snivy, (I think Mosh?), and others and they destroy wzs. Constantly owning it up. I think you all just don't want to give up a little prescious ping when honestly it's unoticeable.. atleast on the brightside Bioware did something to improve population, wz pop, operation pop, fps, planetary missions (like heroics), cheaper gtn prices (because there is so much of everything), etc. I started out at this server (can't even remember) when SWTOR came live and then moved to Harby, and so I do have a 50 and have experienced it all, the population is more than the "Aussie" servers all the time. Prime time Dalborra still has less than Harby. I'm not lying or joking. Which is kinda sad tbh. So I don't get it, and a lot of you are key binders and better than me so you'll have even better reflex skills and timing than I do. Stop complaining. Or if a little bit of higher ping hurts your feelings this much, WoW is open arms for you people. That's all... -Daf

Doesn't matter no namer.

You are a real little piece of work, you know. Perhaps one day, with a little age and maturity, you'll look back and be ashamed of your behaviour. I doubt it, though.

As for your pink wall of text, your post and the point are about as far away from each other as I am from the Harbinger. Can you play on a higher ping? Of course. Especially in the game like this, where the content is very easy. I could heal EC NiM with no keyboard on a 12" netbook, but it doesn't mean I'd enjoy being impaired in that way.

What you need to understand is that, for some players, the simple ability to play is not the sole requirement for having fun. Could I raid at a high level on 280ms? Sure. Would I enjoy it? No. The constant ability lag, false GCDs, movement desynchronisation, etc, is just not fun. It doesn't bother you, and that's great for you. Keep enjoying the game. Don't presume to tell the rest of us that because you don't notice it, it's fine and we should all stop complaining. I expect you will continue to do exactly this, because you don't strike me as very capable of empathising with the viewpoints of others, but one can hope.

This is just... wow. I'm so confused about all of you that are giving up without even trying it out first (unsubbing), and at those people that I have played with that are all up shouting or yelling we want this or else I shall quit blah blah lag is horrible blah! Wah wah! I don't get it. @Vindrik, hardcore PvE. Uhm excuse me but I did EC Nim with you guys WITH my amazing ping difference. I interrupted when ordered too, moved out of aoe, healed and kept up with you all. You have just about NOTHING to complain about. Like seriously? I healed for you guys, ping isn't an issue at all, and I barely noticed it. And I'm pretty sure most of the times those that had less lag messed up still on ops. Hmm. @ Ppl saying Carth is trolling. No shush and listen for a bit. Plenty of people on this server have high ping to those with 20 or less etc. Like Steel, Snivy, (I think Mosh?), and others and they destroy wzs. Constantly owning it up. I think you all just don't want to give up a little prescious ping when honestly it's unoticeable.. atleast on the brightside Bioware did something to improve population, wz pop, operation pop, fps, planetary missions (like heroics), cheaper gtn prices (because there is so much of everything), etc. I started out at this server (can't even remember) when SWTOR came live and then moved to Harby, and so I do have a 50 and have experienced it all, the population is more than the "Aussie" servers all the time. Prime time Dalborra still has less than Harby. I'm not lying or joking. Which is kinda sad tbh. So I don't get it, and a lot of you are key binders and better than me so you'll have even better reflex skills and timing than I do. Stop complaining. Or if a little bit of higher ping hurts your feelings this much, WoW is open arms for you people. That's all... -Daf

^^ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

I'm not unsubbing.

we have heard a little from colum A and a little from colum B..

quite a few ppl are saying the ping is **** which for the highest pop server i'd probably be inclined to belive it.

and i don't think ppl are just unsubbing for the ping it's the constant fisting ppl are getting from BW and this has become the last straw for them.

Like i said earlier seeing is believing if it's a awesomesauceyolo ping

then hey we can all have a coke and a smile