Black (Dark Matter) Crystal

In response to this, its already canon as the Dark Saber was introduced in the Clone Wars series and it pointed back to the Old Republic.

"This lightsaber was stolen from your Jedi Temple by my ancestors during the fall of the Old Republic. Since then many Jedi have died upon its blade. Prepare yourself to join them!"

―Pre Vizsla to Obi-Wan Kenobi

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber_(lightsaber)

I for one would like to have the Dark Saber not just crystal be a rare drop on an Operation. It takes the shape roughly of an edged saber/katana and the sound it makes is amazing.

In response to this, its already canon as the Dark Saber was introduced in the Clone Wars series and it pointed back to the Old Republic.

"This lightsaber was stolen from your Jedi Temple by my ancestors during the fall of the Old Republic. Since then many Jedi have died upon its blade. Prepare yourself to join them!"

―Pre Vizsla to Obi-Wan Kenobi

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber_(lightsaber)

I for one would like to have the Dark Saber not just crystal be a rare drop on an Operation. It takes the shape roughly of an edged saber/katana and the sound it makes is amazing.

Because everything in Clone Wars is canonically and scientifically reasonable... *Cough cough* Guy cut in half brought back to life *cough cough*

Edited by jedimasterjac

Not sure if its been suggested, but I'd like to see a pure black crystal. With the wavy affects of the Tythonian Force-Master’s Lightsaber, this would look awesome used by Sith!

its not allowed according to cannon.

Copy paste incoming... "The darksaber made its first appearance in the Star Wars universe in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series' second season episode, The Mandalore Plot, which premiered January 29, 2010. It was the first lightsaber to officially possess a black-colored energy blade in canon.

Originally intended to be a vibroblade, George Lucas decided that, to preserve the uniqueness of the Jedi weapon, a lightsaber should not be seen to be blocked by sword-like weapon that is not a lightsaber. With that in mind, Lucas and the show's crew conceived of an ancient precursor to the lightsaber which they named the darksaber."

I'll take this over what people try to claim is canon or otherwise.... beside this is freaking star wars, stop trying to use logic set in a universe where people can choke you by holding up their hand in a weird gesture. -sigh-

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really care if it was in clone wars or not. None of the black-something lightsabers ever made any sense to me, since black is not a color. Like dark matter, it would be invisible, since it does not radiate or reflect light.

A ridiculous idea.

Either way, If they can have a pure white crystal, then why not a pure black one?

For one thing, white actually shines. Secondly, I would wager that the reason they made the black-combination sabers was because they realized black would just look silly: you'd be waving around a stick of background black. Take any of the black-something sabers and imagine it without the color contrast.

The only reason those look remotely good is because of that contrast.

Please take a look at the pic I posted on page 1, it would be like black smoke, similar to some of the effects of the inquisitor. It may be a case of black core to grey, but would give a nice effect. Since there is a 'dark' side, why not a 'dark' crystal?

Please take a look at the pic I posted on page 1

I did and it just looked silly. Also looked at other artist images and none of them look even remotely good.

it would be like black smoke, similar to some of the effects of the inquisitor. It may be a case of black core to grey, but would give a nice effect. Since there is a 'dark' side, why not a 'dark' crystal?

It wouldn't really be black anymore, if it was grey, would it? Also, the "dark" side is not a reference to the lack of light or the color black. It is a reference to personality, moral and ethical alignment.