What spec are you guys leveling?

stsao

What spec are you guys leveling and why? How do you find the experience?

I'm leveling Deception, and its decent for the most part. I've only run into a few quests that have given me trouble. I do find myself seething every 4 mob packs b/c either my compaion or myself is low on health. Anyone have any different experiences?

Thanks!

I am levelling as Darkness. I want to tank when i get to 50, so I figured getting used to doing it earlier would be better.

It gets interesting when soloing class quests at times - Khem and I end up being 2 tanks swapping aggro to spread the damage, and then i use my biochem-made stims to heal both of us at once.

I am levelling as Darkness. I want to tank when i get to 50, so I figured getting used to doing it earlier would be better.

It gets interesting when soloing class quests at times - Khem and I end up being 2 tanks swapping aggro to spread the damage, and then i use my biochem-made stims to heal both of us at once.

Same with me. I have not run into any problems so far.

Darkness, went from feeling squishy and weak in my mid teens to very comfortable in my late 20's. Been a while since learning a class without being able to tailor my ui for it, an interesting challenge. I've soloed quite a few of my recent 2+ heroics though, more and more impressed.

Death field ftw.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZZfbcRMM.1 Until whatever level that is, and then start filling out some deception.

I'm thinking http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZRGrRkoZfbcRrMkb.1 for a final solo/group dps build and http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200dcrokrskZZfbcRMR.1 for tanking if they ever let us store multiple specs.

Im leveling deception, loving it, the extra force and force regen is great, allowing me to spam the aoe move you get at level 26 (or was it 27?) enough to finish off trash mobs. I realize madness is probably better for aoeing stuff, but im just saying once you get those skills deception can aoe very nicely for soloing as well.

Khem usually grabs the agro from me so i dont take a whole lot of damage, rarly have to seethe.

I have khem in decent gear for his level. After every 2 or 3 packs his health is low so i dismiss and resummon him (much faster than seething just to heal him)

What i like about this spec is how fast im able to take down strongs.

Comparing it to a concealment operative, which i played in beta. At the current level my assassin is, i take down packs and grind through mobs a good deal faster than the op at this level, though i can not solo heroics as easily as the operative could due to healing and having CC that works on droids.

Although I am interested in Tanking at level 50, for now I've chosen Deception as my main spec, so I can fully explore all the mechanics before taking on a significant role. Though I am starting to doubt as to whether or not it's the right choice.

The thing is, I love playing as a Stealth class to attack my opponent from behind. The problem though is that with all its utility skills, it's clearly a PvP spec, and I'm not sure if it's going to remain viable in PvE when I reach max level.

Of course, I could also just head into the Warzones when I'm there, but PvP hasn't quite grown to be my cup of sugar yet. I have noticed however that you won't be nuked down by other classes in two shots, so I might just give it a chance.

Anyways, here's a question: Will Deception remain a viable DPS build at level 50? And if not, does Madness employ the same Stealth & Backstab method that Deception does?

Full Deception so far at 28. Madness may actually be viable with this many skill points available, but I don't want to gimp my pvp burst potential.

Khem can't hold mobs off me, Revel is squishy BUT we kill things really, really fast. Plus then I can use the big guy to craft while I fight things. The droid fails every other mission. :mad:

Level 31 deception assassin here with Andronikus as my companion

Having little issues with questing so far. Aside from having to micromanage my pulls slightly it's been a blast. For elites I tend to let Andronikus dps the boss and take aggro till he's at around half health while minimising my threat, then just taunt the mob and burst it to hell and back. No real trouble so far.

I tend to seethe every 3 pulls, or 2 if there's a particularly strong pack to deal with. May swap into darkness soon as I plan on tanking at 50 anyway.

I'm currently 33 full madness spec and I've been really enjoying it. I like death field and how it interacts with dots, I like the instant free Crushing Darkness procs, and I like how it isn't as positionally dependent as deception. That being said, I am thinking about trying out Darkness. It looks quite fun, combining solid survivability with good damage procs, and the Thrash-Shock-Harnessed Darkness Lightning mechanic definitely looks interesting. I'm also finding Khem's survivability a bit lacking, and as I just got my melee DPS companion it might the the right time to change things up.

Was madness in beta, rolled as deception on a pve server, didn't like the "flow" of the combat, and rerolled as madness on a pvp server. At lv. 25 on my madness spec, I'm obliterating npc groups with ease, Raze is amazing for bosses/elites and deathfield is great to aoe the groups down.

So yeah, Madness all the way, so far in nearly every heroic/flashpoint (except for mand. raiders) I've had to tank (as madness), granted i don't think it'd work well in the long run, but with deathfield, dark charge, raze, etc, holding aggro is stupidly easy.

I've made it to 18 with Deception, but feel really squishy so far, unless I can bring the backstab into the equation, and then the DPS soars. I haven't tried the other two trees... but as I seem to be soloing quite consistently, I'm not sure if I should make the switch to Darkness or not.

I had a pile of friends who were all hyped up on SWTOR, but they decided to go PvE, which I can't stand, so I rolled my chars on a PvP server... so I'm alone, and back to soloing again.

I also tried using 2V-R8 to heal me while DPSing, but his annoying prattle "I'm so glad I could help you master" every 2 seconds drives me insane.

Deception, with Khem tanking I have not had ANY issues... but i also suggest gearing Khem with tanking gear / defense..

Also, for those who talk about "seethe or dismiss summon" to regen your companion... I will make you all happy...

Mount / Dismount = FULL HEALTH Companion..

Been using madness all the way to my current level of 29. At one point I tried speccing fully into darkness, while my defense went way up - my damage decreased a ton. So I went back to full madness.

I do great in pvp, almost always placing top 3-5 dps and if I can usually limit it to 0-3 deaths.