It's Really Sad to See TCW Be Cancelled

Talon_strikes

All the people who keep saying that it is ridiculous that Maul survived being cut in half must all obviously be experts on Zabrak anatomy.

I always thought "Humanoid" also indicated they shared a similar organ structure to us.

But again, not many are saying the maul thing is OTT

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bah, either way good riddance. It dumps all over what i loved and called good about SW.

Sorry Maul coming back after being split in half then watching wolfninja simply say "it's the force it can do anything" just irritates me. That was over the top even fro the force.

Adios TCW may you rest in pieces

I've said it before and I'll say it again, who really cares? It's a fictional fantasy universe, stuff happens. As long as the 'product' is good there is really nothing to complain about. And Maul is one of, if not the, best characters in the series. And he contributed to the best arcs.

Not that it's exactly illogical, I mean people survive those sort of injuries in real life, I think when we've got a mystical energy called the Force involved and its a fantasy universe it's OK to let it slide.

On the other hand what is entirely absurd is you disregarding the entire series due to one minor grievance. I mean really? In the words of Obi-Wan Kenobi, you need to go home and rethink your life.

I always thought "Humanoid" also indicated they shared a similar organ structure to us.

But again, not many are saying the maul thing is OTT

Humanoid meaning vaguely looks human. this says nothing about internal anatomy.

Doctor Who, his species (known as Time Lords) have two hearts.

In Stargate universe, the humanoid species Jaffa, have an internal pouch to incubate Goa'uld snakes.

Zabrak may very well have redundant internal organs.

----

Oh look, Wookiepedia mentions that Zabrak's have a second heart, nothing about the other vitals, if they have any more internal anatomy that resemble ours.

Internally, Zabraks possessed a second heart. They also had great resistance to physical pain.[1]

Here's a quote from this topic

All the people who keep saying that it is ridiculous that Maul survived being cut in half must all obviously be experts on Zabrak anatomy.
Edited by Falensawino

bah, either way good riddance. It dumps all over what i loved and called good about SW.

Sorry Maul coming back after being split in half then watching wolfninja simply say "it's the force it can do anything" just irritates me. That was over the top even fro the force.

Actually this was conceptualized in a Dark Horse comic book. Except in the comic, Darth Maul tracks Obi-Wan to Tatooine as he's watching over Luke in his exile. In the comic, it's a complete mystery and surprise that Maul's still alive. The Clone Wars episode with Maul's return completely ruined the comic's suspense; in the comic obi-wan and maul haven't confronted each other since that fateful day on Naboo. Also in the graphic novel, Maul has a mechanical lower torso and just wants revenge.
I looked up the comic I was referring to, it's called Star Wars: Visionaries

the Cover reads:

Star Wars: Visionaries

10 Exciting Tales from the concept artists who helped create the movie Revenge of the Sith!

Publisher's summary:

They've been responsible for some of the most dazzling and awe-inspiring visuals ever put to film, and now the concept artists behind the Episode III: Revenge of the Sith bring their considerable talents to comics. The gifted minds of the Lucasfilm art department and the visual effects powerhouse Industrial Light & Magic come together to tell their own Star Wars tales in this compilation of short stories. Given free reign to explore any and every aspect of the Star Wars universe, each artist offers a new twist or a deeper view into that galaxy far, far away.

Nowhere else will you find a more pure or more different look at George Lucas' enduring creation than through the eyes of the Star Wars: Visionaries.

The first story is called Old Wounds by Aaron McBride

Darth Maul, with replacement bionic legs attached to his upper torso, seeks out the Lars homestead to find and avenge himself upon Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The best summary for this story is found in Darth Maul's wookiepedia entry, in the non-canon section and titled Hunting Obi-wan; the summary here is panel by panel, it's the most thorough.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul#Hunting_Obi-Wan

The artist did such a good job telling this tale, I think it fits better with Maul's persona than what was shown in the Clone Wars; this short story (from a concept artist) told a better tale. oh and illustrated it too

Edited by Falensawino

Humanoid meaning vaguely looks human. this says nothing about internal anatomy.

Doctor Who, his species (known as Time Lords) have two hearts.

In Stargate universe, the humanoid species Jaffa, have an internal pouch to incubate Goa'uld snakes.

Zabrak may very well have redundant internal organs.

----

Oh look, Wookiepedia mentions that Zabrak's have a second heart, nothing about the other vitals, if they have any more internal anatomy that resemble ours.

Oh nice. Hope that puts a lid on this ridiculous debate.

Oh nice. Hope that puts a lid on this ridiculous debate.

Wasn't really a debate to begin with...its fantasy, thus fantasy rules apply and thus Maul surviving is ok. Its not like that is the most ridiculous thing to happen, in all of fiction. I mean DC/Marvel chars get brought back, by some real weird means or they weren't dead to begin with even when its stated that they were.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

There are people in our own world that have survived worse injuries. People get cut in half and survive, get shot with a shotgun in the head and survive. In a fantasy land of extensive medical technology, where Darth Vader survives getting burned horribly in a volcano (his lungs were obviously burned, not many could survive that), where General Griveous survives only with his internal organs and a brain -- getting cut in half isn't a big deal.

On Maul's return, I was boggled by it at first, but the more I watched, the more I accepted it. I slowly began to enjoy it. Sam Witwer did an amazing job fleshing him out from being absolutely insane to maniacal with purpose.

In all honesty, I like his return more than Savage Oppress' entire story.

On Maul's return, I was boggled by it at first, but the more I watched, the more I accepted it. I slowly began to enjoy it. Sam Witwer did an amazing job fleshing him out from being absolutely insane to maniacal with purpose.

In all honesty, I like his return more than Savage Oppress' entire story.

Dude is a beast actor. I really hope to see him in some feature film soon.

I've never watched the series because it isn't on netflix or anything I can find where I can watch it for free. If anyone points me to something, I'd love you.

Star Wars.com has select episodes but they always ran the current ones at their site when they aired.

I am very disappointed that the series has been cancelled. I own all 4 seasons on dvd and was hoping to see how season 5 wrapped up the return of Maul.

I was also shocked and disbelieving in his return. I didn't want it, but there He is. I've accepted it.

I want more episodes. I'm ticked at GL for selling to Disney. I'm afraid Disney with mess up everything I love about Star Wars.

If Episode VII turns out well, my faith may be restored.

I'm also scared for the future of SWTOR. That's another issue.