It's Really Sad to See TCW Be Cancelled

Talon_strikes

The one thousand islands of Japan is a bit bigger than you give it credit for. We never touched Honshu or Kyushu, for instance.

Ok, I'm not going to get into the details of World War 2 on a Star Wars forum. However, Japan's industrial capacity and major population centers were hammered by the Army Air Force.

Not quite to the degree that Germany was bombed, but Japanese cities were destroyed to the point where most of the major ports and manufacturing centers were rebuilt from the ground up during the post war years.

Edited by Ventessel

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is what he said trolling? Just because he trolls doesnt mean he always trolls.

Its his OP

Pre emotive strike.

Sir copper field did it to the story and lore section for a little bit, and this guy is like his illegitimate son.,. Don't want it happening again >.>

Besides..... Almost all of his replies are trolls too, this is the second semi-sensible one I've seen though ;p

You really couldn't spell out TCW. I clicked this thread just to find out what the acronym in the title stood for.

I clicked this thread and this was literally the first post I read:

Ok, I'm not going to get into the details of World War 2 on a Star Wars forum. However, Japan's industrial capacity and major population centers were hammered by the Army Air Force.

Not quite to the degree that Germany was bombed, but Japanese cities were destroyed to the point where most of the major ports and manufacturing centers were rebuilt from the ground up during the post war years.

I thought to myself. what on Earth could TCW stand for that these guys have gotten themselves in a world war 2 discussion.

Go back a page, and scroll up.. The Clone Wars....

So much mystery and suspense because the topic starter couldn't spell out The Clone Wars.

if you can't spell out the name of your favorite tv show, you probably don't care enough about it to petition Disney to keep the show running.

forum search defaults to 'search thread titles' only; in the future your thread has 0 life expectancy if it falls past the third page.

Edited by Falensawino

You really couldn't spell out TCW. I clicked this thread just to find out what the acronym in the title stood for.

I clicked this thread and this was literally the first post I read:

I thought to myself. what on Earth could TCW stand for that these guys have gotten themselves in a world war 2 discussion.

Go back a page, and scroll up.. The Clone Wars....

So much mystery and suspense because the topic starter couldn't spell out The Clone Wars.

if you can't spell out the name of your favorite tv show, you probably don't care enough about it to petition Disney to keep the show running.

So.

Completely pointless and meaningless post meant to insult people who talk about the show enough to know the acronym.

Mmk thanks.

Pre emotive strike.

Sir copper field did it to the story and lore section for a little bit, and this guy is like his illegitimate son.,. Don't want it happening again >.>

Besides..... Almost all of his replies are trolls too, this is the second semi-sensible one I've seen though ;p

Martin isnt so bad. He is actually an enjoyable troll. Granted he is funnier in fleet chat than the forums. He seems to be working on that though.

Im calling it right here.

Go back to general discussions dude. This sub-forum is almost troll free. For the love of god lets keep it that way.

Someone a few posts up said the same thing first, you didn't flip out on them. It's a legitimate grievance (heh heh). They really made Gen. Grievous into an incompetence schmuck in the show (both versions).

bah, either way good riddance. It dumps all over what i loved and called good about SW.

Sorry Maul coming back after being split in half then watching wolfninja simply say "it's the force it can do anything" just irritates me. That was over the top even fro the force.

Adios TCW may you rest in pieces

bah, either way good riddance. It dumps all over what i loved and called good about SW.

Sorry Maul coming back after being split in half then watching wolfninja simply say "it's the force it can do anything" just irritates me. That was over the top even fro the force.

Over the top? Hardly. There was a sith lord(Simus) that survived as just a head.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

If Disney leaves Asoka as the ultimate cliffhanger I will be pretty mad. I dont even care wether she lives or dies but I would surely like some closure to her story.

SPOILER

I thought her expellment was the end of her story. Now granted, it went very fast (last 4 or so episodes), but I am not sure what I could expect more storywise.

Actually this was conceptualized in a Dark Horse comic book. Except in the comic, Darth Maul tracks Obi-Wan to Tatooine as he's watching over Luke in his exile. In the comic, it's a complete mystery and surprise that Maul's still alive. The Clone Wars episode with Maul's return completely ruined the comic's suspense; in the comic obi-wan and maul haven't confronted each other since that fateful day on Naboo. Also in the graphic novel, Maul has a mechanical lower torso and just wants revenge.

So.

Completely pointless and meaningless post meant to insult people who talk about the show enough to know the acronym.

Mmk thanks.

uh okay. have you looked at your own posts in this topic thread? You contribute nothing to the discussion of The Clone Wars, all you've done is point out a person's post, like some annoying troll alert siren. With lots of false positives, might I add.

about the acronym complaint,

I forum searched TCW, apparently it is a commonly used acronym, but I didn't know it and I suspect at least 70% of Star Wars fans haven't encountered the TCW acronym yet. SWTOR.com is the first venue I've engaged in a discussion about The Clone Wars, this is the first time I've run into it. I know I'm not alone.

Im calling it right here.

Go back to general discussions dude. This sub-forum is almost troll free. For the love of god lets keep it that way.

yeah okay, Miss trolling troll'ers

let me try to find the right combination of illegible text and must squint my eyes to see color against the light gray background

Edited by Falensawino

If people thought that GL's intent was to destroy the star wars they claim is "pure" and great (the OT elitists), they haven't seen a damn thing yet with Disney. Canceling TCW (which was a fantastic series that should've been given at least another season, you know, to round out with star wars consisting of six movies) was just one of the things that pissed me off to no end. Besides them shutting down Lucasarts but that's a whole other rant. There's already TONS, literally METRIC TONS of content out there that Disney and Lucasfilms could focus on if they wanted to, or base off of at least to make the next star wars movie. They could've definitely left TCW team alone for another year to let them produce and air TCW episodes as an official sixth and final season of the series.

Over the top? Hardly. There was a sith lord(Simus) that survived as just a head.

and this is the problem i have with the force these days. It's just a catch all excuse to do whatever the writer's feel like. It's frankly getting BEYOND stupid.

A force ghost, yeah that's explainable. A guy surviving as simply a head? ***?!! Nothing to support human life, but oh again 'he's using the force!'. -facepalm-

Guy being cut in half and losing some vital parts of anatomy to sustain human life but somehow he survives and comes back and the answer is 'the force' is just plain LAME.

Turning force users into gods. Why when writers try to turn the mortal again, people have b***h fits.

Edited by TalonVII

and this is the problem i have with the force these days. It's just a catch all excuse to do whatever the writer's feel like. It's frankly getting BEYOND stupid.

A force ghost, yeah that's explainable. A guy surviving as simply a head, sure.

Guy being cut in half and losing some vital parts of anatomy to sustain human life but somehow he survives and comes back and the answer is 'the force' is just plain LAME.

Turning force users into gods. Why when writers try to turn the mortal again, people have b***h fits.

So a guy surviving as a head is ok, but getting cut in half is not ok?...

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It's a legitimate grievance (heh heh). They really made Gen. Grievous into an incompetence schmuck in the show (both versions).

Terrible Pun :rak_01:

To be fair, he's only shown like that when he gets taken down by jar jar.... And kenobi.... And clones....

Yeh they pretty much destroyed the EU when he lost to ventress.

But TBH, he's a droid...

*Que Rage* :rolleyes:

So a guy surviving as a head is ok, but getting cut in half is not ok?...

Yeh, cause **** logic.

I'd say the opposite though, the maul thing is ok IMO, the saber cauterises the wound immediately.... But a head? Lulz, this isn't futurama.

This. Is. STAR WARS.

SPOILER

I thought her expellment was the end of her story. Now granted, it went very fast (last 4 or so episodes), but I am not sure what I could expect more storywise.

Well she is still a force sensative so she is bound to have some kind of story. If if its a Jolie Bindo kind of thing.

Yeh, cause **** logic.

I'd say the opposite though, the maul thing is ok IMO, the saber cauterises the wound immediately.... But a head? Lulz, this isn't futurama.

This. Is. STAR WARS.

Where RL logic doesn't apply, cause its a fantasy world. So...with fantasy anything is possible, and its not like The Force hasn't been described as anything less then powerful...its pretty much stated within the 1st movie, before it became ANH and was just Star Wars.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed, the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of The Force." - Vader

"Surely he must be dead by now."

"Don't underestimate The Force" -Vader to Tarkin

So...its not like this whole Jedi/Sith doing all this stuff is a new concept, they didn't show anything extreme in the movies sure...but its pretty much hinted that anything is possible due to The Force in all of the movies, thus the EU expands on that because writers who write novels/comics are only limited by imagination.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Where RL logic doesn't apply, cause its a fantasy world. So...with fantasy anything is possible, and its not like The Force hasn't been described as anything less then powerful...its pretty much stated within the 1st movie, before it became ANH and was just Star Wars.

So...its not like this whole Jedi/Sith doing all this stuff is a new concept, they didn't show anything extreme in the movies sure...but its pretty much hinted that anything is possible due to The Force in all of the movies, thus the EU expands on that because writers who write novels/comics are only limited by imagination.

Indeed, but still, to me it's too far, and that's what I was trying to say.