And in the news

Asavrede

The Old Republic cost EA Games a fortune to develop (it may actually have the most expensive development cycle of any game ever made).

I absolutely despise that assumption. There's NO CHANCE SWTOR cost nearly 1/5th what people claim it cost. It was/is a budget game from the start and the quality of what was released reflected that.

Rubbish. This particular universe will continue to be popular and successful now that the new trilogies are coming out and this game can simply go on cruise control and pull in a larger audience than the merits of gameplay would deserve.

I absolutely despise that assumption. There's NO CHANCE SWTOR cost nearly 1/5th what people claim it cost. It was/is a budget game from the start and the quality of what was released reflected that.

Or....it wasn't a budget game and the developers farked it up big time and were summarily dismissed as a result?

That's not news bra...It's just a troll article.

Nonsense. It makes complete sense and is imminently logical to cancel a game that cost so much to craft and launch and maintain. After sinking that much time, money, effort and energy into launching it, having a bad first year is a totally acceptable reason to pull the plug and kill the game.

Consider that...what was it called? World of Orcs and Humans? That MMO branch off of the old Warcraft turn-based games. Remember how much that was hyped up? And how bad of a first year it had? Thankfully, they pulled the plug on that monstrosity before it lost too much money. I hear there are some independent emulator servers out there still. Just goes to show that some people don't know when to accept failure and give up.