Double XP sucks!

tatatan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about waiting until the weekend is over and do not play new toons on weekends? This is only for a limited time.

While I do not really agree on double xp, there are a lot of people who just want to lvl as fast to 50 as possible and this should help them do that.

Ok,

anyone else think it really suck balls? I do. I started new char, but it's unplayable, as there is no challenge at all to anything.

Give me option to turn this stupid feature off.

thank you

How about waiting until the weekend is over and do not play new toons on weekends? This is only for a limited time.

While I do not really agree on double xp, there are a lot of people who just want to lvl as fast to 50 as possible and this should help them do that.

^

Most of us like it, sorry.

I've been leveling two different characters and it's pretty awesome. I might actually get them out of Empire Taris and Pub Coruscant before I want to kill myself.

Ok,

anyone else think it really suck balls? I do. I started new char, but it's unplayable, as there is no challenge at all to anything.

thank you

This is silly.

You're only overpowered if you over level the quests.

Do less side quests, move onto next planets sooner.

As long as the quests are orange, you'll be fine.

No, it's just you. I'm happy. In couple of hours i finally got my Guardian from 44 to 50 and Trooper from 20 to 35. And it's not over yet. I'm for more Double XP weekends.

Well you're in luck, the next 3 weekends are double xp weekends. I just don't get all these people getting up on arms over the double xp promotion. its just temporary its not like its going to stay this way. Just play your 50's or do less of the side quests if you want to stay at level for now.

Ok,

thank you

Here's a thought. DON'T PLAY THIS WEEKEND.

Here's a thought. DON'T PLAY THIS WEEKEND.

Here is though him and me and bunch of other people are paying customers, and why should we not play this weekend? You love your double exp? great for you, we not asking to turn it of and make YOUR experience any worse. We asking for ability to turn is of for ME. Who the f are you to tell me how i should play my char? Who are you to tell me i am not suppose to play 4 weekends in next 4 month? Here is newsflash for you, i have a job + gym + wife, i dont have alot of time on weekdays. And on weekends i have a life usually, this weekend i was alone i was looking forward to playing 20-30 hours like i use to in college, but i could not. So How is that for dont play this weekend?

Here is though him and me and bunch of other people are paying customers, and why should we not play this weekend? You love your double exp? great for you, we not asking to turn it of and make YOUR experience any worse. We asking for ability to turn is of for ME. Who the f are you to tell me how i should play my char? Who are you to tell me i am not suppose to play 4 weekends in next 4 month? Here is newsflash for you, i have a job + gym + wife, i dont have alot of time on weekdays. And on weekends i have a life usually, this weekend i was alone i was looking forward to playing 20-30 hours like i use to in college, but i could not. So How is that for dont play this weekend?

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Skip over the optional side quests and move on to the next planet.

The extra xp only makes you overpowered if you over level quests.

The only bad thing about double xp is that it didn't also double warzone comms, meaning those of us who were maxing our comms before hitting 50 had to stop playing these toons this weekend :(

But meanwhile we now have two new sub 50s to start working on :D

I think an option to turn it off makes a lot of sense. It does interfere a lot with the flow of the game. F.ex. you earn less gold and gather less mats than you are 'supposed' to.

I took advantage of it by skipping all non-story content on Hoth with my Juggernaut but people with 10 level 50s need to TRY and see this from the perspective of a new player or just someone for which this speed levelling is intrusive.

Picking the weekends makes it hard to work around for a lot of people.

I am quite honestly surprised why people would flame a perfectly valid opinion.

I think an option to turn it off makes a lot of sense. It does interfere a lot with the flow of the game. F.ex. you earn less gold and gather less mats than you are 'supposed' to.

I took advantage of it by skipping all non-story content on Hoth with my Juggernaut but people with 10 level 50s need to TRY and see this from the perspective of a new player or just someone for which this speed levelling is intrusive.

Picking the weekends makes it hard to work around for a lot of people.

I am quite honestly surprised why people would flame a perfectly valid opinion.

Well ultimately there's nothing stopping people staying on the lower planets and still finishing everything, or spending time gathering mats (mind you, levelling faster means getting your companions faster, so more people to send away)

Well ultimately there's nothing stopping people staying on the lower planets and still finishing everything, or spending time gathering mats (mind you, levelling faster means getting your companions faster, so more people to send away)

^

There's also nothing stopping people from rolling a new character if they don't want the one that they're leveling now to level too fast.

I just gained two levels to 40 with double exp on my sorc in Warzones, so I could finally start trading all those comms for ranked comms. I'm happy. I'll do the rest of the lveling when the double exp. is over though. I'd like to reach 50 with maxed ranked comms, and that's just not possible with double exp. I'd be lucky to hit level 50 with 3000 ranked comms if I used double exp for that final stretch.

While I can understand why some people dislike the XP bonus...

... the player base seems to disagree. The server population has been abnormally high on a bunch of the mid-level planets. Actually, seemed a bit high on the low level planets, too.

For whatever your preference might be, it seems the majority of people like the XP bonus.

Something to remember when complaining.

Another thing I find absurd about the complainers. As a test this weekend, I tried to see if I could level exclusively with class quests.

I purchased every single xp perk in the legacy pane, I had the 25% bonus consumable running at all times, and I had the 200% xp bonus on top of that. In other words, I had Every. Possible. XP. Bonus. Running.

And despite all that, the class quests were not quite enough. Each planet is about 4 levels and I was gaining about 3 levels per planet doing class quests, killing mobs along the way, and doing the occasional Stage 1/2/3 area quests.

I still had repeat side quests I've seen before to keep from falling too far behind.

So I'm completely mystified how this double xp is somehow ruining someone's experience. Just SKIP OVER optional quests. If you are a

1. Completionist (have to catch 'em all)

and

2. Will only level 1 alt ever

and

3. Hate overleveling content

then the double xp is a problem. But that is a tiny minority of players in this game.

This game does not need double XP.

It wasn't about NEEDING double XP. Bioware decided to do it as a promotion to allow people to get closer or more toons closer to 50 to try and entice them I to getting the expansion if they haven't already. It never was about need.