Petition, straight and simple.

Tachenko_Yuri

That person spent money by his free will. why you think that you can point other plyayer what right or wrong. CM and GTN are legal and company aproved gold selling.

Understand me correct, I'm not here for judging 'bout other players ... but it's my Right to tell what I think what's wrong or right ... got other opinion?

Edited by Han_Salo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. We are right now in the money power item phase. We right now can buy t7 space ship euqipment.

t7 ship equipment only makes you do space missions easier, it doesn't give you any advantage against other players.

It is obtainable either buying GTN or by grinding your way to buying the schematics, along with max cybertach skill.

Obtainable in plenty of ways, no way the t7 can be considered a power item, sorry :(

Ouch.

If you would have actually read the article you would know that according to today`s science, a frog will NOT stay in the water if is gradually heated but will eventually jump out.

So, the "boling frog myth" does not serve as an example of the dangers of a slippery slope (i.e. that if we take no action against the CM now, P2W is inevitable), but to the contrary:

You will have plenty of time to stop P2W if it would ever be the agenda. For now: chill (or more adequate: enjoy the nice and cosy warmth).

It doesn't matter. If all "small spenders" stopped spending money on the CM then their profit from that would go way down. The only hard point a person can make is to stop buying things the the CM.

If you don't do that, everything on the forums is lip service. That's all it is.

/Agree.

Preschool tactics do not influence companies. Suppy/demand however does. Anyone who feels strongly about the CM needs to walk their own talk.

/2-cents

Which makes me think.

Dead space's P2W = EA

Battlefield ( yes, that Battlefield ), play 4 free, P2W = EA

Swtor = ... Houston, I think we got a problem...

That is like saying "I ate an apple and did not like it.... so I refuse to eat an orange".

Apples are not oranges, nor are they bananas.

TL;DR; not all fruit is the same.

Edited by Andryah

That is like saying "I ate an apple and did not like it.... so I refuse to eat an orange".

Apples are not oranges, nor are they bananas.

TL;DR; not all fruit is the same.

Actually it's more like saying:

I tried the Salami from CompanyX and it gave me the runs.

Then I tried the Bologna from CompanyX and that gave me the runs too.

And finally surmising that you probably shouldn't eat the Pimento Loaf from CompanyX.

Edited by DarthTHC

Ouch.

If you would have actually read the article you would know that according to today`s science, a frog will NOT stay in the water if is gradually heated but will eventually jump out.

and if you kept reading the article after the point which pleased, you would've seen that by trying the boil in another ratio, the frog did get itself cooked, with the poor froggie not even realizing it :rolleyes:

So, my quick skimming of the thread has about 40 people actively supporting the petion and about 20 expressively objecting to it.

Seems like I have to correct myself: This is not the *****torm I feard, but more like a storm in a tea cup.

Carry on.

and if you kept reading the article after the point which pleased, you would've seen that by trying the boil in another ratio, the frog did get itself cooked, with the poor froggie not even realizing it :rolleyes:

Please read the article again.

Then ask yourself why I specifially said that "according to today`s science" (not to older experimets) it is a myth.

To quote wikipedia: "Modern sources tend to dispute that the phenomenon is real"

But yeah, reading IS hard. Way harder then getting worked up over nothing.

Please read the article again.

Then ask yourself why I specifially said that "according to today`s science" (not to older experimets) it is a myth.

To quote wikipedia: "Modern sources tend to dispute that the phenomenon is real"

But yeah, reading IS hard. Way harder then getting worked up over nothing.

Worked up?

Maybe so :) I should be enjoying the game I pay for while it's asking me for even more money :)

Infact I'll just do that. I'll just join in the uproar when your fancy saber/blaster bounces right off an enemy's brand new money armor, while his money saber/blaster shreds to ribbons your hardly grinded armor.

Give it time and we'll be on the same side of the barricade eventually, just you wait. :)

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri

Dead Space 3 has a pay2win system inside of it, and guess what happened? Dead space 4 = canceled :)

Any free online shooter - each class gets a pea shooter for free, spender get massive guns that deal triple damage, triple more accuracy, triple less recoil, along with vehicle armor boosts, trooper armor boosts only available from the cash shop, or an abusive amount of in-game currency for like a quarter of the time :)

And my favourite one : An online game called dark orbit where you got a roulette system to obtain a dungeon - like shooting gallery, an individual equipment system upgrade that is pretty much like the crafting one on here, difference is that to buy " tries " you need to spend money on it :) oh and to have a half-assed decent spaceship you need to spend around £1000 jump-start, otherwise you'll be on an impossible grinding mission since all the maps are riddled by big spenders blasting the f**k out of everything :) oh yeah and since the ammunition costs also, you'll never stop spending if you wanna win? no, you'll never stop spending on it if you want to KEEP UP.

So many other examples out there, and so many i'm not even aware of..

So having looked at some of these P2W options in some games, I'm not actually bothered by this. The only time I would be unhappy is if I had to spend money to get items, I cannot see that happening in this game, we will always be able to get the BIS by grinding the Hardest OP.

So if someone else wants to spend money to get that gear, without all the fun I have with friends getting the gear, then that's fine with me. I'm at a loss to understand why this bothers people so much.

... I'm at a loss to understand why this bothers people so much.

It bothers me because I'm a paying subscriber. I pay $15 monthly to play this game with the expectation that I will be able to access all content. But if I wanted any of the gear from the reputation vendor, I would need to pay $40 of my money to get the necessary reputation.

No, buying packs with in-game credits is not an option on my server - packs are selling for $1 million per pack - I can't afford 10-20 packs that I would need to get the reputation.

So what BioWare is saying is - you are a subscriber - you feed us $15 monthly but that isn't good enough. If you really want that in game item you need to pay us $40 extra - it's absolutely *********** absurd.

Give it time and we'll be on the same side of the barricade eventually, just you wait. :)

I think I have to dissapoint you.

While I am not for P2W and I do not think it would be a wise decision on behalf of Bioware/EA (or any other MMO company) to go for real P2W, it would actually not be a gamebraker for me personally.

So you have to man THAT barricade without me, should it ever come to that.

:D

As a customer of Star Wars: The Old republic, I do not approve the implementation of a series of reputation systems based exclusively on money expenditure.

I'd be OK if there was one that encompassed all packs, not one per pack or per shipment.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Ouch.

So, the "boling frog myth" does not serve as an example of the dangers of a slippery slope (i.e. that if we take no action against the CM now, P2W is inevitable), but to the contrary:

You will have plenty of time to stop P2W if it would ever be the agenda. For now: chill (or more adequate: enjoy the nice and cosy warmth).

Actually, if the temperature of the water is slowly raised, the frog will stay and be cooked to death. It has to do with slowly raising the temperature because of the way that frogs sense temperature. The analogy is apt for what EA is doing with the CM Store. The first salvo was the stat crystals, the next was the level 7 space mods, now we have the pay for rep. It is all part of the same experiment to see how far EA can take the game to P2Win before people start leaving in droves. It goes hand in hand with EAs overall Short term profit motives. They can afford to burn the lot of us because they have more than one property and enough lemmings in the market to continue to peddle their filth to before the company would eventually tank. EA doesn't care about you or whether you play their games as long as they get something from you in the short term. :cool:

Actually, if the temperature of the water is slowly raised, the frog will stay and be cooked to death. It has to do with slowly raising the temperature because of the way that frogs sense temperature. The analogy is apt for what EA is doing with the CM Store.

They already did it with gearing.

1.2 :

- replaced PvP gear tokens + specific distinctions (obtained by completing the dailies/weeklies) by regular WZ distinctions which were previously used mainly for consumables, then increased the price tag with the next tier (WH, then EWH)

- replaced multiple PvE loots by 1 token (HM EC), while the generic token was welcome, the reduction was in no way acceptable

1.4 :

- even 1 lower quality loot (HM TFB 1st boss)

2.0 :

- no set bonus for HM FPs, lower quality loots (HM FPs ones) on the first bosses of both SM TFB and SM S&V and increased the time it takes to fully gear-up by actually removing end-game crafting and capping weekly distinctions acquisition.

The pattern is there, there's a bigger pattern too including crafting (1.0->1.2->2.0 has a reason), in-game economy, servers population and exploitation revenue.

Actually, if the temperature of the water is slowly raised, the frog will stay and be cooked to death. It has to do with slowly raising the temperature because of the way that frogs sense temperature. The analogy is apt for what EA is doing with the CM Store. The first salvo was the stat crystals, the next was the level 7 space mods, now we have the pay for rep. It is all part of the same experiment to see how far EA can take the game to P2Win before people start leaving in droves. It goes hand in hand with EAs overall Short term profit motives. They can afford to burn the lot of us because they have more than one property and enough lemmings in the market to continue to peddle their filth to before the company would eventually tank. EA doesn't care about you or whether you play their games as long as they get something from you in the short term. :cool:

We haven't always agreed but damn that post makes it seem we have a hive mind.

Well said.

How about this...instead of a petition...don't support the CM. Don't buy packs, don't buy coins, don't buy items off the GTN.

Which do you think would be more successful? Buncha screaming mad fans who still pay signing a petition, or so few items moving in the CM that they simply don't make the $ they invested in it?

The solution to cash shops and things like this Rep system obvious...and the best part...the solution is 99.99% in the players hands!!!!

Gawd yes please do this if you are having problems with it. They will not read your post, only the money you send them. STOP sending them money if you don't support what they are doing to get it from you.

As a customer or Star Wars: The Old republic, I APPROVE OF the implementation of any Cartel Market items that DO NOT NEGATIVELY AFFECT MY GAMEPLAY, regardless wether they cost money or not.

And no, I'm not going to spend a bucketload of cash on any of those packs...

Edited by NLxAROSA

Actually, if the temperature of the water is slowly raised, the frog will stay and be cooked to death.

Urael, it's an excellent allegory, but...

Actual frogs of Planet Earth don't do that. If they can escape the pan (the walls are low enough), they will get out, even if the temperature gets up slowly. People have conducted experiments, and that's what they have observed.