The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Companions In Makeb

dankat

Can the guys at BioWare shed a little light about companion functions in the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion? I do believe it was mentioned we would be able to do new things with companions in the Expansion, somewhere along the line.

I think at the very most they'll say a line when arriving on the planet and maybe another line during the story quest. But I don't have any official info, all I remember is an interview where the question of companion interaction was dodged by saying "they won't be silent" or something that effect.

If there was anything meaningful in terms of companion interaction, they would have been using that to advertise Makeb.

. "Overall, we’re aiming to introduce a more diverse array of activities – more stuff to do with your Companion," that was the quote from State of the Game #3.
Yea but they say lots of stuff that ends up being nothing. Like the super secret space project or whatever they called it.

. "Overall, we’re aiming to introduce a more diverse array of activities – more stuff to do with your Companion," that was the quote from State of the Game #3.

Yup, more stuff like the Makeb missions ;)

Note that statement is so vague that if there was no additional companion content that they could easily write that off as "we were referring to the fact that at lvl 50/endgame that you're not doing much with your companions since you're not using them in Operations, PVP, etc.

It's lame I know, but true.

Mako's voice actor tweeted a while back about how she recorded more lines, but she had to delete the tweet afterwards (I'm guessing due to NDA).

I think this can give a decent guess that companions will at least make little interjections during cutscenes even if they aren't going to get actual new companion quests.

Edited by Jenzali

While it is a little disappointing that we wont be able to continue our companion's character stories, consider that they have around 40 independently voiced companions in the game total. It would be difficult enough at this point to just get the class voice actors on board.

It would be incredibly expensive to go out of their way to expand the companions beyond the odd contextual line or two, and I don't think Bioware are making the wrong decision in choosing to spend these development costs on systems and content. (somebody will mention cartel market)

Yea but they say lots of stuff that ends up being nothing. Like the super secret space project or whatever they called it.

That is so true, i mean during the games' developement, they said that you could use any companion with any spec and not feel like it was a wrong choice, guess what? you do feel the wrong choice was made, you notice significant differences from susing a dps companion, tank companion and healer companions.

They also promised no big bosses with high health pools and will infact use multiple mini-bosses, i guess that was wrong too, since we have bosses virtually like wow bosses.....i guess they were too scared to do something different.

Overall, we didn't get what they promised, its funny how much people remember.....or choose to forget.