What's your opinion on mob-dodging in flash points?

While leveling, I'm up to killing all the trash, even look out for the corners you never go in on your way to objective. Not because I like it, but for that extra xp (especially when you use fp xp boost!). So I usually make sure at the start that we are not skipping, and if people do, I apologize and leave. Never understood skipping while leveling. What's the point? Lousy piece of blue(or orange with blue mods) gear you will vendor in 1-2 hours?

When 50, I'd rather skip everything skipable, including bosses, unless there's someone undergeared in the group who can actually use the drops from bosses you can skip, or if someone asks to do bonus boss.

Not only because I'm there just for 5 daily BH comms and do not need even columni drops from last boss even for companions, but because skipping everything makes more sense story-wise.

In the fp storylines your group is basically small strike squad sent to infiltrate the enemy base and get the objective asap without getting too much attention. So when you skip, you can RP it as just being stealthy and skilled operative who does not get into unnecessary fights. As mgs fan, I enjoy getting past enemies without being seen.

But again, if group wants to do bonus boss and is not completely hopeless, I can do it just to be nice.

Edited by PaniMauser

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While lvl'ing kill crap that's in your way, don't get why people skip trash mobs that give XP when you need it XP is XP still need the same amount to reach 50 so skipping trash in a FP means you have to kill more crap later. But at 50 for HM if you can then yeah.

I do not skip them as long as everyone on the team are similar level. It's when some idiot who has far out leveled the flashpoint joins that I try and skip mobs...if I do not out right quit the team all together due to this guy being too high level.

The mobs grant great XP if everyone is close in levels. There is no reason *not* to kill them. Only people who skip mobs pre 50 are the one's who are obvious nubs. If you do not realize how fast you can level in a Flashpoint by killing the mobs, then you need to stop queuing.

I do not skip them as long as everyone on the team are similar level. It's when some idiot who has far out leveled the flashpoint joins that I try and skip mobs...if I do not out right quit the team all together due to this guy being too high level.

Tell that to bw. When I want to get my comms for joining a rnd fp I sometimes have to list for fp's that are 5+ lvl's below me.

Is it my fault that I can list for this fp's?

And when I'm the tank you can't do much to stop me from skipping, because I'm not that easily replaced. ;)

The mobs grant great XP if everyone is close in levels.

Like the champs(droids) in cademimu or the champs in athiss which grant around 1k xp after beating them for 1.5-2min?

That's a ****** reward and I will always skip enemies like this.

There is no reason *not* to kill them.

I don't have all day and when there is even one person, that does some stupid thing but is not yet kick-worthy I will start skipping as much as I can

Only people who skip mobs pre 50 are the one's who are obvious nubs.

Pfft, I get a much greater reward from getting through the fp fast and then get an instant pop-up for the next fp afterwards

If you do not realize how fast you can level in a Flashpoint by killing the mobs, then you need to stop queuing.

I will level way faster from doing a lot of fp's (with multiple dailies) and questing, than by killing every mob in a fp

Tell that to bw. When I want to get my comms for joining a rnd fp I sometimes have to list for fp's that are 5+ lvl's below me.

Is it my fault that I can list for this fp's?

And when I'm the tank you can't do much to stop me from skipping, because I'm not that easily replaced. ;)

Like the champs(droids) in cademimu or the champs in athiss which grant around 1k xp after beating them for 1.5-2min?

That's a ****** reward and I will always skip enemies like this.

I don't have all day and when there is even one person, that does some stupid thing but is not yet kick-worthy I will start skipping as much as I can

Pfft, I get a much greater reward from getting through the fp fast and then get an instant pop-up for the next fp afterwards

I will level way faster from doing a lot of fp's (with multiple dailies) and questing, than by killing every mob in a fp

I hear ya, man. As always there is a flip side to that coin. Which is why it is something Bioware should fix. It's not your fault that the system is set up the way that it is. You just kind of caught me venting in this thread.