The cash grab is out of control...

lironBD

So you want story?

Do you realize that most if not all the people responsible for the main story arc and the class story arcs are no longer with the company?

I was bummed to see the guy responsible for the Agent story is gone. Then I realized the game moving forward will be very, very different from the game I played up to that point.

OP, if the Cartel Packs keep the server hamsters fed, then by all means they should sell cartel packs.

Won't you think of the poor Hamsters?

I could donate my hamsters...just as soon as they learn they can't run in different directions on the same wheel at the same time...

Anyway....yeah, they have to resort to whatever pays the bills. Subs don't always bring in the money you think they do. For whatever a subber brings in, a F2P/pref using the CM brings in at least that much, if not more.

And not just that, but the basic 'generic' world quests that you get will have varying Voice Acting depending on the class activating the content.

The Imperials on Dromuund Kaas will act and talk very differently to a Sith Inquisitor/Sith Warrior while offering the quest, as opposed to how they act/talk toward a Bounty Hunter.

So, even the basic non-Class related quests have numerous optional Voice Acting possibilities that have to be considered when making new quests in new worlds.

I think people underestimate the amount of time and money and effort that a quality VA-oriented game will consume.

And for a game who's whole sale pitch is "Your story!" maybe they should have thought of that.

While I have no problem with the cartel market, the cartel market rep (just dont go after the rep :p), this MMO is about, and has been told to me many times in other threads "This MMO is about YOUR story" and they're not adding to "YOUR story" when they have the same storyline going on for every class.

They need to put in storylines for the classes.