light whips in swtor

urai_skyknight

some how bring light whip or force pike or short sabers into swtor

A light whip would be awesome. Though it's interesting that there's no example of any kind of whip in the Star Wars films. What I'm reminded of is Ivan Vanko's electric whip in Iron Man 2.

Some related items are:

Fascinating, force pikes are what was wielded by Palpatine's Royal Guard (the all-red guys).

I mentioned Defensive Offhand Sabers in a thread before, I just added a thread entitled new Defensive Offhand Saber.

Problem is that they would require their own Animations, especially Light Whips which is why it is unlikely that they will ever happen.

That's ok. In fact I think some devs at BioWare would have an absolute blast developing new animations for a light whip. One thing to study for the animation is the electro-whip used by Ivan Vanko in Iron Man 2, and his approximate battle style with TWO electro-whips:

_

_____________________Ivan Vanko's electro-whips

_

Ivan Vanko is all Sentinel... dual-wielding with pure damage maximization and no defensive focus.

_

_

...then there's a 1-whip style, which can be studied from the all-time master, Indiana Jones... notice his ability for both a precise strike and a precise anchor-grab... and also the scar on his chin as proof of the emergence of his Guardian-esque expertise:

_

_

...as well as some very cool

showing a few 1-whip strikes, such as:

• under-hand strike
  • face-level round-house strike
  • diagonal over-hand double-strike

Notice that every strike finishes by bringing the whip back to any readied posture for a possible immediate follow-up strike.

As there is no continuation of the class stories the game was built in the coming expansion, I see no reason to even dream about them spending time and money on completely new animations for a new weapon for one class. To remain fair to all classes the same would have to be done for them and that increases the work and time required many times over.

At most a reasonable expectation would be the use of a light whip as a single special attack like the Smugglers shotgun or Agent's shiv.

As there is no continuation of the class stories the game was built in the coming expansion, I see no reason to even dream about them spending time and money on completely new animations for a new weapon for one class. To remain fair to all classes the same would have to be done for them and that increases the work and time required many times over.

At most a reasonable expectation would be the use of a light whip as a single special attack like the Smugglers shotgun or Agent's shiv.

By the exact same logic you could claim that it's not fair that Sentinel is the only class that can wield dual lightsabers. And I'm amazed that you would dare to step yourself into a creative "wish list" thread and coin a phrase such as "no reason to even dream". You should be ashamed of yourself ...

By the exact same logic you could claim that it's not fair that Sentinel is the only class that can wield dual lightsabers. And I'm amazed that you would dare to step yourself into a creative "wish list" thread and coin a phrase such as "no reason to even dream". You should be ashamed of yourself ...

Am I not allowed to voice an honest opinion that attacks no one without you attacking me? Please remain on topic and refrain from the personal comments.

Am I not allowed to voice an honest opinion that attacks no one without you attacking me? Please remain on topic and refrain from the personal comments.

You should be ashamed of yourself... stupid pompous troll

if it is so dificult to make ligth whips usable for the people then they could make a boss in some new ops or fp that uses a light whip im just saying seeing a light whip in game would be very cool but being able do wield one would be ideal to change things up after a while

Light whips along with other lightsaber variants such as tonfas, shotos, protosabers and force sabers would make a great addition to the game.

i agree and if they did apply a shoto saber then they would fit with a race like jawas which i was hoped would be a playable race in the game

A light whip would be awesome. Though it's interesting that there's no example of any kind of whip in the Star Wars films. What I'm reminded of is Ivan Vanko's electric whip in Iron Man 2.

Some related items are:

Fascinating, force pikes are what was wielded by Palpatine's Royal Guard (the all-red guys).

I mentioned Defensive Offhand Sabers in a thread before, I just added a thread entitled new Defensive Offhand Saber.

well the game on the imp side they have the full set of the sith empire version of the imperial royal guard so i say they complete the look with some force pike :)

• 7 months later...

Would like ot see more than just whips. Linking to another post about able to choose weapons, I would say bring in a ton of new weapons to allow for customization fo the game and your characters.

• Whips - Lightsaber, Electromagnetic, etc.
  • Grenade Launchers - able to figure various ammos (consumables)
  • Rocket Launchers - Like the grenade launcher would require consumable ammo
  • 'Polearm' type lightsaber like weapons
  • Traps - Would like to landmine an area before an Op Boss battle and train them thru it.

Those are just a few. But definitely would like to see differentiation in weapons. Make sniper rifles long range (50m perhaps, maybe more if you could 'scope' it) and very deadly, but slow for rate of fire. Pistols could be fast but weak and short range. Assault Cannons would give a burst for area effect, but be inaccurate and have a cool down to prevent overheating.

Even doing this would allow for a whole new play style and grouping options that could revitalize the game.

Blak

Edited by Blakinik

Would really love to see this. They actually had these in the comics. I think the users were called shadow cats or something like that and looked like ninjas. Would be cool to see some of the other less common variations of the light saber too.

• 2 years later...
Would really love to see this. They actually had these in the comics. I think the users were called shadow cats or something like that and looked like ninjas. Would be cool to see some of the other less common variations of the light saber too.

Where did you read about shadowcats?

And I should say that lightwhip is among the least useful weapons for a ninja-like.