The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Scripts in PVP

Crawelc

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If some guy runs around with his abilities auto firing he is still bound by the gcd and ability cd that apply. So at best the advantage is limited. So you spam a button or have it auto fire it's still firing every 1.5 seconds reguardless. Even doing that it would have to somehow respond to cc, slows, kb, mezzes I just don't see it having a huge impact.

I cannot even imagine in what programming universe this is possible and certainly it wouldn't be a "script".

no it is a program that people write scripts for the program is premade the scripts inside the program are custom. It is in fact the exact same thing as the space bot it just looks for different pixels. If a bot can take on the hardest space missions in the game and complete them with 100% success rate what else could you do with that program.

no it is a program that people write scripts for the program is premade the scripts inside the program are custom. It is in fact the exact same thing as the space bot it just looks for different pixels. If a bot can take on the hardest space missions in the game and complete them with 100% success rate what else could you do with that program.

Spacebots don't look for pixels. Space missions are on rails. World of difference. You clearly have no idea how these things actually work. Not trying to be mean, but that's what your statements suggest.

Spacebots don't look for pixels. Space missions are on rails. World of difference. You clearly have no idea how these things actually work. Not trying to be mean, but that's what your statements suggest.

If you believe this you have no idea.. about anything I'm afraid. Lets take for example a program like AutoIt which is not the specific program in which they are referring. Actually primitive by comparison. This program searches for a specific pixel in a specific coordinate on a persons screen and bases the scripts command based on locating this pixel. The command can be to Move the mouse and click on said coordinate , the command can be to press a specific key..

Before you say what is and isn't possible Please educate yourself. If i wanted I could write an entire program that from the second windows boots.. Clicks Opens SWTOR , Logs in , Goes through my entire list of toons sending each one out for a crew skill , enters a warzone and fights all without even being in my house.. Please learn something..

^

This guy has no idea what he is talking about. :(

Before you say what is and isn't possible Please educate yourself. If i wanted I could write an entire program that from the second windows boots.. Clicks Opens SWTOR , Logs in , Goes through my entire list of toons sending each one out for a crew skill , enters a warzone and fights all without even being in my house.. Please learn something..

The post claims that the "script" not just entered the WZ but actually made numbers. To that, I have the highest skeptisism.

Edited by Aetideus

Then enlighten me. As I've been asking for. Repeatedly. You don't have to do it in a forum post, you can do it in a whisper. All I care about is not being wrong. I won't report you for it, promise.

What would you like to know? Which part escapes you? Ask your specific question.. If its too involved for the forums i will tell you in another method.

What would you like to know? Which part escapes you? Ask your specific question.. If its too involved for the forums i will tell you in another method.

I've been very clear. Link me an example of such a hack, via PM or otherwise. It's not a complicated request. This stuff seems to be everywhere and obvious, to everyone but me.

I've been very clear. Link me an example of such a hack, via PM or otherwise. It's not a complicated request. This stuff seems to be everywhere and obvious, to everyone but me.

Check your PM you can find testimonials to what you seek.

The whole purpose of this thread is to bring awareness to the community and to bioware so that measures can be taken to try and quell the issue.

Edited by prodigyqnz

The whole purpose of this thread is to bring awareness to the community and to bioware so that measures can be taken to try and quell the issue.

I watched the video, and think that this is where the disconnect is. As I've stated (and, I think I've indicated, w the vanguard video), it's probably fairly easy to do very basic tasks with a script. I already knew that. Facerolling skilled players is an entirely different story. And the video you sent me shows no evidence of a script capable of doing that.

THIS^^^ I dont care about your epeen or your rateing or your guild. But I do want something done about this.

I guess this is only a problem on other servers... I can vouch that none of the top guilds on shadowlands uses third kind of thing in pvp. I still.remain quite skeptical, and I sincerely doubt that a bunch of players using automated actions would be as good sd a top pvp guild with proper focus fire and tactics. I didnt even really care if someone did use a program. I'm that confident in my skill and my guilds skill as a pvper. Obviously though, they should be banned.

Top guilds on shadowlands? I think you said your rateds scene was dead there so you only really play against your own guild? Not sure how that goes as far as that. I'm sure this isn't only a pot5 problem though.

This threads more to bring awareness that people are using them and that BW needs to do something! Popping target of target button and letting the bot do all the work doesn't make it harder either.

he asserts "wow macro wuld b so gud 4 dis" like its needed to hit knockback when lept to or hit dps buttons properly. How delusional to think that NO ONE can do these things by themselves

he must be an american

i am an american so im allowed to say that

I dont know much about scripts,but i do know the top guilds in ranked on The Bastion do NOT,repeat DO NOT use any cheats,i dont belong to any said guilds but i have watched a few of them stream and spoken to a few of them and i just dont see it there.

Raz please stop posting, I understand your epeen is bruised and your best accomplishment is your swtor rateing, but you are arguing for the sake of arguing. I am only trying to bring awareness to the community that these issues exist, have existed for a while, and need to be addressed. Im honestly not sure what you are trying to do.