Same gender romance: Which companion would you choose?

DarthVoi

If they did it the way most seem to want it done, wouldn't the romance be just as cliche? Or does it being M/M effect the whole no ups and downs, they liked each other, they clicked, they started a romance. No drama, just the Jedi Code int he way, but secretly devoted to each other.

Because it seems like it would be the same if we're to go with the idea that there's nothing different between SGR and OGR.

No topic for this thread, but my guess is the writers would have to treat a possible m/m romance between Iresso and a male Consular quite differently. The dynamics would change. What irritated me about the romance between Iresso and femConsular was that she seemed to act out of character most of the time in their private conversations, on the field she's this bad-*** character and on the ship with Iresso she seems to become this sweet hushed little girl that wants nothing more than to hook up and get married. Didn't fit my vision of her her.

With a guy, this would have to be written differently. I've always thought dynamics between m/m, f/f and f/m are generally different, but I also think they don't necessarily differ so much as to render it impossible to make old companions that haven't 'outed' themselves yet (so to speak) SGR compatible in hindsight. There would have to be changes, yes, but it's still manageable.

Edited by Lent_San

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, this whole thread is kind of pointless as Bioware has already stated that they won't be going back and making current companions gay. They want to do it right with a future companion so that it doesn't feel forced. If they treat these future companions like they did HK51, then people will have also gotten their wish in regards to the content being optional. You guys get a companion specifically written to include SGR and people that don't think it belongs in Starwars can skip it. Everyone wins.

So you don't actually have any evidence to back up your claim, but you felt like stating it anyway, fully knowing that this is a thread for imagining possibilities.

Answer: First of all, I want to apologize that this is taking so long to get in the game. I realize that we promised SGR to you guys and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character. Unfortunately, this will take a lot more work than we realized at the time and it (like some other pieces of content we talked about earlier in the year) has been delayed as we focused on the changes required to take the game Free-to-Play. As we have said in the past, allowing same gender romance is something we are very supportive of.

Mr. Hickman said that companion romances would take more time than they originally thought, which implies that they are designing them for current companions as well.

Mr. Hickman said that companion romances would take more time than they originally thought, which implies that they are designing them for current companions as well.

To me, that's the only logical solution. Old companions were hinted at being "revised" for future content, the writers themselves talked about which companions would possibly work for SGR, and concluded that some do in their opinion, some possibly don't.

All the rest is speculation at this point.

Anyways, back on topic.

Edited by Lent_San

So you don't actually have any evidence to back up your claim, but you felt like stating it anyway, fully knowing that this is a thread for imagining possibilities.

Haha, they also said that there would be a big story update in 2012 that included SGRA. Did I miss that update? :rolleyes: Instead, they're throwing you a bone with a few meaningless quest flirts in RoTHC. You know.. the now dubbed "gay planet". You keep on keeping on with the wishful thinking though. I'm sure it won't end up being completely pointless at all. Nope, not at all.

"With a companion character" can imply "with a new companion you can purchase off the cartel market" and seeing as how Hickman didn't say "With the companion characters" and the game going F2P, I can totally see it going that way.

Vette, most definitely Vette.

Unfortunately my wife refuses to allow me to call her Vette instead of "honey." She won't even wear that adorable lekku headpiece I bought her so that she could wear it when we go out to dinner!

Sigh....women....

:(

Honestly, this whole thread is kind of pointless as Bioware has already stated that they won't be going back and making current companions gay. They want to do it right with a future companion so that it doesn't feel forced. If they treat these future companions like they did HK51, then people will have also gotten their wish in regards to the content being optional. You guys get a companion specifically written to include SGR and people that don't think it belongs in Starwars can skip it. Everyone wins.

Most all these threads are pointless, have you not read the chat bubble request that started in January of 2012.

We just like to chat about nothing for the sake of nothing, forum talk is like drunken bar talk.

Minus the people who don't like the new companion. And how about the companions that already are bi, meaning at least Kaliyo?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I think a looooot of compagnons should be bi for our greatest pleasure (Mako first, Mako first ! =p).

But, somebody here know if this little peace of dream will be done one day ? There an indication, a message from the devs/modos/admins or something else that can tell us that will appear ? :rak_02:

My Agent would very likely want to romance Vector and my Warrior would definitely want to do something with Vette.

Mako is a little too much like BFF/little sister for either of my Bounty Hunters and Ashara just seems... underwhelming (I'm a Jedi, hurray!).

I've not played any of my Republic characters long enough to get to any of the companions, but I've read so much about Lord Scourge to think he should be a romance option for everyone.

Hmm... nope. Still the same. The corruption of Jaesa has too many issues for me to be comfortable with. I'll add Elara, because she's the only female Trooper companion.

(Really, all the companions who are LIs should be made bi, they're already herosexual, after all.)

Kira, Ashara, Jaesa, Vette, Mako, Nadia.....

Man that's hard to choose from.

No need to choose. BW should also allow dark side Siths to build a harem :D

I would also include Scorpio in my harem. Sex robots is the future!

And ladies here care to comment on which companions they would include in their male harem? Please don't say the wookie or Broonmark, that would be bordering on beast.. you know.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

And ladies here care to comment on which companions they would include in their male harem? Please don't so the wookie or Broonmark, that would be bordering on beast.. you know.

How many can I pick? :D

Quinn, Andronikos, Vector, Doc & Tharan at least, please.