Replayed Kotor Rakata Prime and the Star Maps.

Magnusheart

I just replayed the original Kotor and it got me thinking.

The Ancient Rakatan Computer on Rakata Prime could self repair itself, similar to the star forge maps, and over time they reocvered from their sabatoge if only just.

By the 300 years has passed, wouldn't one of them self repaired it self to show the origin of Rakata Prime?

We can go to tattoine, Anchorhead no doubt the same spaceport Revan used in Kotor, and Korriban aswell. thats two of the Star Forge Maps out of all of them. and technically within the same in-game possible find able areas.

I know Bioware said they wont do planets where Galactic Basic isnt the common language or we would all go insane. BUT. If we can go to Kysshyk (pardon the spelling butcher) Manaan. and heaven be praised Dantooine. we could possibly have a small quadrant of the planet in an insanced ops version?

If the self repair power of the star maps could do that.... Couldn't Rakata Prime and if yet the Star Forge graveyard of debree be a plausable location for the game? Hell. There could be an OPS to chase some lunatic planet to planet (via an ops shuttle taking us to a ops instance version of "that planet" and race after to reach Rakata Prime, then make it a possible daily zone?

'

I am sure, the Star Forge Graveyard would be the most perfect space mission ever. Fact that even if not required, but it being outside the orbit of Rakata Prime, if it were the location as a new planet, or home to an ops. This would be great. The salavage of a starforge could hold expensive qualities.

For an Old Republic game. I just feel the KoTOR story could be amplified. Anywho, what do you guys think about that?

And no, this isn't a suggestion. I am expanding to other peoples opinion on the idea of more Kotor in Swtor. by giving one of my examples. :<

Edited by Magnusheart

Could be interesting.

On the whole "Galactic Basic isn't the common language or we would all go insane.", I think personally it's a bad excuse on Biowares part.

I had no problems reading subtitles while playing kotor 1 & 2, and I loved Manaan. And would like to go back there.

I'm all for anything involving KotOR... Just not the part about making Rakata Prime a daily zone. I come from SWG where dailies never existed and think we're already too daily/commendation-heavy in this game the way it is.

Could be interesting.

On the whole "Galactic Basic isn't the common language or we would all go insane.", I think personally it's a bad excuse on Biowares part.

I had no problems reading subtitles while playing kotor 1 & 2, and I loved Manaan. And would like to go back there.

We should all get together and jump on one side of Makeb to throw it off orbit, and force swtor devs to put another planet instead.

Tell me when... I am already there... jumping.

I'm all for anything involving KotOR... Just not the part about making Rakata Prime a daily zone. I come from SWG where dailies never existed and think we're already too daily/commendation-heavy in this game the way it is.

If there are no dailies, then what would be the substitute?

Thats kinda the problem. They are not developing something to replace the daily anf FP/OPs gear advancement, so the dailies is an important part of that. Or an important way to make money and get other rewards as well.

Would be nice if there were more alternatives though.

Sounds like a good idea to me. KOTOR should be more of a part of SWTOR. I could totally see it as a daily or weekly quest to collect the pieces heading to the planets (even a small instanced map) and then some operations style boss at the end of it much like Xeno was a weekly for the Gree event.

I really want to see Lehon (Rakata Prime) added to this game. It was easily one of my favorite planets from KOTOR, and has a very interesting story. This planet could be added after Makeb as a new world, there could be flashpoints, or even a new operation all centered on the Rakata, Lehon, and the star Forge. This place is oozing with potential and has a lot of sentimental value for those of us who played KOTOR a dozen times through. I really can't think of any planet with the same amount of story potential and community appeal. If BW doesn't include Lehon, they really are passing up a gold mine.

I really want to see Lehon (Rakata Prime) added to this game. It was easily one of my favorite planets from KOTOR, and has a very interesting story. This planet could be added after Makeb as a new world, there could be flashpoints, or even a new operation all centered on the Rakata, Lehon, and the star Forge. This place is oozing with potential and has a lot of sentimental value for those of us who played KOTOR a dozen times through. I really can't think of any planet with the same amount of story potential and community appeal. If BW doesn't include Lehon, they really are passing up a gold mine.

Same goes with my Opinion for Dantooine.

This is a GREAT idea.

They wouldn't even need full planets for Manaan, Kashyyyk, Dantooine, & Rakata Prime. And much of the artwork assets for the environments are pretty well already there.

This would have to involve legacy somehow ~ because Korriban needs to remain off limits to republic toons.

This could make a very nice Expac for 3.0. And a new WZ, FP, & OP would fit the theme quite well.

On the subject of dailies ~ imho the more the better, just so players have a choice of which dailies they want to do.

When it's possible to them all, I kind of get into a "grind dailies mode", and just do them all. Now that there are too many, I don't mind dailies as much because I can take a break from the ones I've grown tired of. As there gets to be more and more, and since there is going to be a weekly cap in the future ~ we'll be repeating that content less frequently.

Edited by Cleet_Xia

To be perfectly honest, the moment a gaming company, movie company or any media company takes on the guise of starwars - they have ZERO right to play the 'Waa, we only want English' in our 'insert'...

Starwars, although all languages are made up, still contains multiple languages over many different made up worlds - to neglect not only planets but playable alien species just because they don't speak English is just plain wrong.

Kashyyyk, was the spelling you was looking for ... and Wookiee is the name of the species, 2 e's not 1 for anyone wondering.

That said, I'd love them to include more "Section X" style zones, either attached to a planet we can already visit or unlockable after doing a relatively easy 8-16 man raid.

The idea of using shuttles to skip "planets" sounds good too! Easy and fun. EA, should try this! Keyword... EASY.

For an Old Republic game. I just feel the KoTOR story could be amplified. Anywho, what do you guys think about that?

I have a better idea...

...Just make KOTOR 3.

Edited by SneiK

To be perfectly honest, the moment a gaming company, movie company or any media company takes on the guise of starwars - they have ZERO right to play the 'Waa, we only want English' in our 'insert'...

Starwars, although all languages are made up, still contains multiple languages over many different made up worlds - to neglect not only planets but playable alien species just because they don't speak English is just plain wrong.

Kashyyyk, was the spelling you was looking for ... and Wookiee is the name of the species, 2 e's not 1 for anyone wondering.

That said, I'd love them to include more "Section X" style zones, either attached to a planet we can already visit or unlockable after doing a relatively easy 8-16 man raid.

The idea of using shuttles to skip "planets" sounds good too! Easy and fun. EA, should try this! Keyword... EASY.

He said "Galactic Basic" which can be read ~ whatever human language your copy of the game happens to be, not specifically English.

BW just doesn't want to use too much huttese or similar gibberish language files so frequently that players memorize them all. Of course they completely forgot about the companion's that don't speak basic... and follow us around everywhere.

We should all get together and jump on one side of Makeb to throw it off orbit, and force swtor devs to put another planet instead.

Tell me when... I am already there... jumping.

I concur, I was very dissapointed with Makeb.

I want another plenet, i was hoping to get one from already existing lore....Dantooine or Yavin would have been prime.

i concur, i was very dissapointed with makeb.

I want another plenet, i was hoping to get one from already existing lore....dantooine or yavin would have been prime.

KoTOR 3.

Edited by SneiK

The problem I see is, that if they wish to send you to all those planets, it will be a real pain. As for Republic toons going to Korriban, if they made it a Republic FlashPoint that could cover it. 'Course then there might be need of a Imperial FlashPoint to some other important area. Maybe Coruscant (sp?) to kill some big shot or another.

Also, that map the Inquisitor retrieves from the tomb of Naga Sadow... I thought it looked like the Star Map.

I think your idea sounds awesome.

They could do a flashpoint for each star map. Most of them would be fairly easy to conceive of. Kashyyyk's was in the shadow lands and Korriban's was in one of the tombs both of which are pretty dungeon-y.

For Tatooine's you would probably have to do something with Sand People. Maybe a group of them took over the star map because they considered it holy and now that group is threatening people or something which could be your reason for starting the whole star map questline. Dantooine's is near the ruins of a Jedi enclave, which is also rather dungeon-y and could also be the starting point (searching for something that was lost maybe, but I like the Sand People idea better).

That just leave Manaan. This one would be more difficult to do because it is underwater. Maybe someone built a shrine around the star map, similar to how the Sand People are worshiping theirs.

Then after you complete each one of those flashpoints, you could unlock an OP where you go to Rakata Prime and the Star Forge which is near finished repairing itself or something.

Man now I've gotten myself all excited. I hope Bioware does something with this idea in the future.

Several leaked patch notes (from way, way, way back, possibly even before launch) mentioned Lehon as planned for Ops/FP/daily hub location. However, it may have changed since then, as the story of RotHC was supposed to take place on Hutt Homeworld of Varl, not on Makeb, and it was more tied in with the Dread Masters story arc (it still may be so, I have no idea about Makeb's storyline).

Speaking of Makeb, I find it hilarious how people just pile hate on it after seeing maybe 20 seconds of it in video...

Back to the Patch Notes Leaks, Lehon was mentioned in the patch that was supposed to follow that what is now RotHC, so I find it entirely plausible that it will be in game at some point.

As to the language barrier, they said no to player characters that cannot speak Basic, as listening to that gibberish for 10 hours (or whatever is the length of PC's voice overs) would just made you insane. Nobody EVER mentioned anything about worlds filled with aliens, so stop putting words in BW's mouth...

As for Dantooine, that planet is basically empty, just listen to Risha, who claims that she and her father basically doubled the planets population while being there for some years.

As for Manaan, that is, to my knowledge, completely blank in this time period, and would be a perfect world if BW ever gets around to including swimming.

As to location of Lehon, Star Maps would not really be needed, as that info is hidden somewhere in republic archives, and it even became public knowledge (just the location, not what was there, "quarantined" as archaeological site) sometime before Darth Bane's era.

I just replayed the original Kotor and it got me thinking.

The Ancient Rakatan Computer on Rakata Prime could self repair itself, similar to the star forge maps, and over time they reocvered from their sabatoge if only just.

By the 300 years has passed, wouldn't one of them self repaired it self to show the origin of Rakata Prime?

We can go to tattoine, Anchorhead no doubt the same spaceport Revan used in Kotor, and Korriban aswell. thats two of the Star Forge Maps out of all of them. and technically within the same in-game possible find able areas.

I know Bioware said they wont do planets where Galactic Basic isnt the common language or we would all go insane. BUT. If we can go to Kysshyk (pardon the spelling butcher) Manaan. and heaven be praised Dantooine. we could possibly have a small quadrant of the planet in an insanced ops version?

If the self repair power of the star maps could do that.... Couldn't Rakata Prime and if yet the Star Forge graveyard of debree be a plausable location for the game? Hell. There could be an OPS to chase some lunatic planet to planet (via an ops shuttle taking us to a ops instance version of "that planet" and race after to reach Rakata Prime, then make it a possible daily zone?

'

I am sure, the Star Forge Graveyard would be the most perfect space mission ever. Fact that even if not required, but it being outside the orbit of Rakata Prime, if it were the location as a new planet, or home to an ops. This would be great. The salavage of a starforge could hold expensive qualities.

And no, this isn't a suggestion. I am expanding to other peoples opinion on the idea of more Kotor in Swtor. by giving one of my examples. :<

I want to make Bowdaar kill Mission Vao again. That was one of the highlights from that game. Hated Bowdaar. Hate wookies. Hated Mission because she's always whining that I'm culling the herd. Man it was just such an awesome ending to that game.

I want to make Bowdaar kill Mission Vao again. That was one of the highlights from that game. Hated Bowdaar. Hate wookies. Hated Mission because she's always whining that I'm culling the herd. Man it was just such an awesome ending to that game.

I totally agree...that made me feel so evil...so...right...and seeing Carth whine about Bastila and Revan being Sith and turning away from the Republic was GOLD!!! One of the best parts of the entire game...too bad its not canon!

• 1 year later...

actually its not bowdaar that kills mission its zaalbar :p

i hear we are meeting a new wookie soon

it might be zaalbar since wookies live a long time :D

I wouldn't be surprised if Lehon was the location of finishing off Revan. Or the big bad from Jedi Knight chapter 3. Or any major threat in the galaxy.

In fact, if I were to have my way (which would result in a ton of angry fanboys), Act 5 of the Jedi Knight would involve revan showing up, saying he is still alive, and then recovering the Star Map data and heading off to Lehon, to finish off Him, who is trying to rebuild the Star Forge to use it as a WBD to destroy the universe and achieve immortality. And so you kill him, and his spirit tries to obliterate you and Malak shows up somehow and drags him to hell (similar to what happens to Palpatine finally to finish him off after all his body swapping)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.