CS Help with Guild Bank Robbery? 100 items

dscount

Since the previous thread was YANKED due to spelling out the name of the person that stole everything is apparently against the rules... (WOW, just wow).

Not that it matters, everyone in game is well aware of this event and persons name by now.

BIOWARE > My in game Ticket 8205298 is still OPEN as well several other people have open tickets. We can provide a link to the logs again since the thread (Evidence) was removed. I would have responded directly to the private message instead, but it doesn't let you accept private messages back from me to respond. (What the?? Really?? - Again WOW)

TY for removing the pesky FORUM notification calling out people by name for stealing.

Edited by dscount

Granted (He who shall not be named-and no, not Voldemort...doh!) Was a big bouche dag and stole from HC, I don't think Bioware could do too much to those that stole from HC due to them having access to the vaults to withdraw/deposit items. Not sure if pushing for it on the forums and flooding their ticket queue with complaints will do anything, in my opinion. I'm very sorry to hear this happened to that guild but hopefully there has been some sort of system established inside the guild to prevent this from happening again.

Apparently keeping forums "Clean" is more important. Still pending resolution of our many tickets logged. Forums won't help accomplish that, but they did close any posts that had names in them. (Policy quoted)

Appreciate all the good will from the server in the meanwhile. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon. :)

Meanwhile, said individual has claimed "Hacking", but logged in the next day with same account, security token, still having dread gear and several high end priced items for sell in the next 2 weeks. (Sorry, I'm not buying that story as that's just too many "Oh really" moments). Credit hackers would have sold everything you owned and most likely changed the password to mask the theft. When I logged from a separate computer on my account I was always prompted for my secret words on several questions.

Edited by dscount

i can't help but think that this is not exactly the best way to get a company to respond to a request - by calling them out on the public forum.

personally, i think you guys are screwed - which really sucks, as it seems like you guys are providing good service for the server.

bottom line is, you guys voluntarily gave him access.. should have known better with the stuff you have in the bank.

if i have a ford focus stationwagon worth 800 bucks, i wouldn't hesitate to let my friend borrow it.

if i had a bugatti veyron worth 1,700,000 bucks, i would only let someone i trust absolutely, to borrow it, and probably only with me in the passenger seat.

it's a waiting game now.

unfortunately for you guys,a lot of BW's resources are probably tied up with the PTS right now. it's a big step for BW, and i'm sure they're diverting what resources they can to make the new content as good as they can reasonably make it.

if you haven't gotten a response, chances are, it's still waiting to be looked at. hope you guys have some luck.

Sad that they are protecting the scammers on the forums. I'd like to know the names of scammers but I guess they feel that I don't need to know....?

But I think there's a pretty decent chance of BW intervention. Its not like some randomly invited guy stole 25k the day after being invited to a guild. It was a huge theft and basically undermines the security of all guild banks.

99.9% of people don't know each other (in real life) in MMOs. So they have got to realize that 99.9% of people using guild banks are potential thieves and its not practical to tell all guild masters to put the bank on super lockdown. That's defeating the purpose of the guild bank in the first place.

Sad that they are protecting the scammers on the forums. I'd like to know the names of scammers but I guess they feel that I don't need to know....?
most forums have an anti-"naming and shaming" policy. it's not that they're trying to protect the scammer, it's that they have to be fair.

But I think there's a pretty decent chance of BW intervention. Its not like some randomly invited guy stole 25k the day after being invited to a guild. It was a huge theft and basically undermines the security of all guild banks.

99.9% of people don't know each other (in real life) in MMOs. So they have got to realize that 99.9% of people using guild banks are potential thieves and its not practical to tell all guild masters to put the bank on super lockdown. That's defeating the purpose of the guild bank in the first place.

my guild (bank) doesn't have anywhere near what i'm sure the HC's guild bank does, but we have a gear matching program to promote people to take an active role in gearing up. the mats are kept in a tab accessible only to the officers, so that you have to contact an officer to get them out.

i can't help but think that this is going to be "resolved" in more of less a "once bitten twice shy" resolution.

1. they trusted someone they shouldn't have

2. they gave more access than they should have

I think people seem to forget that the blazing Johnnyboy who ripped them off was a trusted officer who helped found the guild. So please all, before you chime in about how secure your gbank is, ask yourself what you can do to keep your co/assistant GM, or even your GM, from ripping your whole bank off.

I think people seem to forget that the blazing Johnnyboy who ripped them off was a trusted officer who helped found the guild. So please all, before you chime in about how secure your gbank is, ask yourself what you can do to keep your co/assistant GM, or even your GM, from ripping your whole bank off.
i'd slap him upside the head when we get together for dinner, and make him pay for our dinner.

Harbinger Crafters was not started by a G-bank thief ; on the contrary. HC was started to help gear those in the server, as we are a huge raiding server with high end guild such as APEX, Hatred, Haterade, Animosity . . We want those with mats to be geared. Why would Shadow have spent millions with Dscount and others to start this, just to loot it? That, my friend, does not make sense.

Ignorant people be ignorant,

Why IGNORANT PEOPLE, WHY!?

Check yo facts before you post on here with the most outrageous **** you can come up with....

And if you don't understand, you aren't meant to, just go away.

Respect the forums, it's under "community" for a reason, antisocial trolls don't belong here.

Anyway, thought I'd bump this... the more people that support this thread, the less the Star Wars community can ignore it, and the faster SWTOR will get this problem fixed.

Edited by sewerdog

the more people that support this thread, the less the Star Wars community can ignore it, and the faster SWTOR will get this problem fixed.

not sure what there is to fix?

you give a friend a set of keys to your car and put his name on the registration

you find out that your friend really isn't a friend, and has decided to take the car for himself

you ask the police to get the car back for you

O_o

Harbinger Crafters was not started by a G-bank thief ; on the contrary. HC was started to help gear those in the server, as we are a huge raiding server with high end guild such as APEX, Hatred, Haterade, Animosity . . We want those with mats to be geared. Why would Shadow have spent millions with Dscount and others to start this, just to loot it? That, my friend, does not make sense.

Good lord, drop the saint act. Its less plausible when you sleep on a bet of credits, and anyone with half a brain understands the negative effect this **** has on the games economy.

HC was started to help gear those in the server, as we are a huge raiding server with high end guild such as APEX, Hatred, Haterade, Animosity . . We want those with mats to be geared.

This "we're doing it for the benefit of the server" act is getting really old. High-end raiding guilds don't need to buy crafted gear; they earn their upgrades by killing bosses. My entire guild has been outfitted with full 63 gear for months and none of us have ever purchased a single item from HC.

The only people who have benefitted from the HC cartel are the cartel members themselves. High-end raiders don't need your help, and non-raiders would have been able to acquire crafted gear cheaper if HC hadn't attempted to disrupt the server's market economy.

Why would Shadow have spent millions with Dscount and others to start this, just to loot it? That, my friend, does not make sense.

http://leverage.wikia.com/wiki/The_Long_Con

High-end raiding guilds don't need to buy crafted gear; they earn their upgrades by killing bosses.

Speak for yourself on that line of bull. Because I use a different class' set bonus I needed 4 armorings crafted for my head, gloves, legs, and boots. Then because itemization is so poor, I passed on all those rolls in TFB since they would at best give me one useful mod, and had mods and enhancements for all 4 of those pieces crafted. Then I had to have a mod or enhancement crafted for both main and offhand (obtained from drops) since that itemization was poor as well. The because screw it, I'm swimming in stabilizers (no I don't farm them in pvp), I went and upgraded my pyro from full Campaign to full Dread Guard buying stuff from Harbinger Crafters.

Anyways, heard the ticket was resolved in your favor HC. Congrats on that, and thank god Bioware draws a line somewhere on gbank theft.

Edited by WillLongstick

Yes.. Bioware folks did some long investigation work and found our screen shots of log files very helpful.

While we didn't get everything back, it's still a work in progress and we did get a portion of the goods returned. I'm pretty impressed they managed to help us out on this one. Would be nice to get everything returned, but something is better than NOTHING. :D

Thank You Bioware CS team for the due diligence on this one.

Lessons Learned: Screen Shot your stuff as it gives them an EXACT time of events and enables the log searching to go smoother.

Edited by dscount

Yes.. Bioware folks did some long investigation work and found our screen shots of log files very helpful.

While we didn't get everything back, it's still a work in progress and we did get a portion of the goods returned. I'm pretty impressed they managed to help us out on this one. Would be nice to get everything returned, but something is better than NOTHING. :D

Thank You Bioware CS team for the due diligence on this one.

Lessons Learned: Screen Shot your stuff as it gives them an EXACT time of events and enables the log searching to go smoother.

That will help, but I think the most important lesson here is to put some sort of daily withdraw limit on your guild bank. Is that possible in this game?

Edited by Denchet

not sure what there is to fix?

you give a friend a set of keys to your car and put his name on the registration

you find out that your friend really isn't a friend, and has decided to take the car for himself

you ask the police to get the car back for you

O_o

So in this case you're saying Shadow gave he-who-must-not-be-named GM of the Guild, full GB unlimited access. False, false, false.