Is SWTOR making an appearance at Pax East 2013?

Chesty_Jake

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year you got to play 1.2 early and got a pet code for showing up. Curious if Bioware will be doing anything similar this year... quick google search brought up only last years stuff.

Im guessing no darn way, but I could be wrong. Why would any SWTOR developer want to show himself/herself in a venue filled with their peers? SWTOR does not have a good reputation due to its immense failure, especially early on when they lost 1.5 million customers.

Im thinking they will skip the "spotlight" for now.

Just an opinion and of course opinions may vary.

Im guessing no darn way, but I could be wrong. Why would any SWTOR developer want to show himself/herself in a venue filled with their peers? SWTOR does not have a good reputation due to its immense failure, especially early on when they lost 1.5 million customers.

Im thinking they will skip the "spotlight" for now.

Just an opinion and of course opinions may vary.

???? Where do you come up with this stuff?

You realize that SWTORs population is way up right?

BW made an announcement today that they will be present and have a BW base at PAX East this year. However, there was no mention of SWTOR anywhere on their announcement. There may be a member or two of the community team present, but it's actually pretty sad that there wasn't a mention of the game at all... especially with RotHC on the horizon.

Source

Edited by rrracheljoy
Formatting... I like pretty colors.

BW made an announcement today that they will be present and have a BW base at PAX East this year. However, there was no mention of SWTOR anywhere on their announcement. There may be a member or two of the community team present, but it's actually pretty sad that there wasn't a mention of the game at all... especially with RotHC on the horizon.

Source

Wow. Absolutely no mention of SWTOR at all. Just DA and ME. Ouch.

You do realize that SWTOR, using an IP that can NOT fail, lost over 1.5 MILLION customer after the first three months right?

You also must have heard that SWTOR became the fastest AAA MMO that went from a sub-based model to a FTP model right?

Im sure you read the many articles that said the SWTOR team went through TWO rounds of layoffs due to the immense failure of SWTOR right?

You would also logically conclude that SWTOR would have been shutdown had it not been the fact that EA had already spent millions upon millions of dollars on an "MMO with an IP that can NOT fail" right? Basically SWTOR cost EA way too much money for it to fail and be shutdown. Their fix? Hurry into FTP and create a cash-shop where they can recoup some of that money they lost and to give confidence to their shareholders after EA's stock plummeted due to SWTOR's failure. This why so many people lost their jobs. To shareholders and to EA, SWTOR is NOT just a game, it is a business (rightfully so).

But im sure you knew all that already.

i lold hard, and so would the ppl at pax if they would see swtor presented.

Edited by tzagheru

Source

That sounds pretty much like Bioware Edmonton I think that Studio did most of or all of the work on those games they talked about, if there is anything TOR I am sure it will be a small space at the EA booth, and nothing more if anything at all. ..

You do realize that SWTOR, using an IP that can NOT fail, lost over 1.5 MILLION customer after the first three months right?

You also must have heard that SWTOR became the fastest AAA MMO that went from a sub-based model to a FTP model right?

Im sure you read the many articles that said the SWTOR team went through TWO rounds of layoffs due to the immense failure of SWTOR right?

You would also logically conclude that SWTOR would have been shutdown had it not been the fact that EA had already spent millions upon millions of dollars on an "MMO with an IP that can NOT fail" right? Basically SWTOR cost EA way too much money for it to fail and be shutdown. Their fix? Hurry into FTP and create a cash-shop where they can recoup some of that money they lost and to give confidence to their shareholders after EA's stock plummeted due to SWTOR's failure. This why so many people lost their jobs. To shareholders and to EA, SWTOR is NOT just a game, it is a business (rightfully so).

it might be a failure business wise and but for me it is a great game. by the way ea said it generate a small profit so they haven't lost money unlike Stargate worlds and the Agency 2 AAA mmo that didn't have a launch.

Last year you got to play 1.2 early and got a pet code for showing up. Curious if Bioware will be doing anything similar this year... quick google search brought up only last years stuff.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know while we will not be at PAX East, the Community Cantina Tour will be continuing and we will have more information for you next week.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know while we will not be at PAX East, the Community Cantina Tour will be continuing and we will have more information for you next week.

To address Server Transfers? cool :cool:

If Star Wars is an IP that can't fail then how come SWG failed harder then SWTOR?

also you would be incorect about SWTOR being the fastest AAA MMO to F2P that is still held by DCUO.

Edited by jarjarloves

If Star Wars is an IP that can't fail then how come SWG failed harder then SWTOR?

also you would be incorect about SWTOR being the fastest AAA MMO to F2P that is still held by DCUO.

Because SWG decided to become what it ain't. SWTOR decided to stick with what it is(at least so far).

Hey everyone,

...wow...just...wow

they had a huge area last year....guess PAX east will be time to find a new MMO...there will be a bunch there...

...wow...just...wow

they had a huge area last year....guess PAX east will be time to find a new MMO...there will be a bunch there...

yeah but remember they just launched last year. This is a year later. Not even WoW goes to conventions. Actually i'm not so sure there will be a bunch of new MMOs there.

Elder Scrolls might other then that I don't know of what else will be there. Btw you are basing what MMO you are playing on weather or not they will be at a convention?

yeah but remember they just launched last year. This is a year later. Not even WoW goes to conventions. Actually i'm not so sure there will be a bunch of new MMOs there.

Elder Scrolls might other then that I don't know of what else will be there. Btw you are basing what MMO you are playing on weather or not they will be at a convention?

PAX east is THE biggest gaming convention on the east coast...not having a presence there seems foolhardy...or maybe they are giving up after Makeb...

PAX east is THE biggest gaming convention on the east coast...not having a presence there seems foolhardy...or maybe they are giving up after Makeb...

it's the ONLY gaming convention on the east coast.

It's also pretty small compared to Pax Prime, E3, Comic Con and others. Makeb is coming out in the next month why waste money and resources going to a smaller convenion when the big on is still E3 and Pax Prime??

You honestly beleive they are going to spend millions of dollars on Makeb and then just give up??? What world do you live in?

Like I said MOST MMOS DON"T EVEN GO TO CONVENTIONS AFTER LAUNCH.

WoW only goes to Blizzcon and they only do Blizzcon when they have something new to announce. They didn't even hold a blizzcon last year.

But please tell me what MMOs are going to be at Pax East?

it's the ONLY gaming convention on the east coast.

It's also pretty small compared to Pax Prime, E3, Comic Con and others. Makeb is coming out in the next month why waste money and resources going to a smaller convenion when the big on is still E3 and Pax Prime??

You honestly beleive they are going to spend millions of dollars on Makeb and then just give up??? What world do you live in?

Like I said MOST MMOS DON"T EVEN GO TO CONVENTIONS AFTER LAUNCH.

WoW only goes to Blizzcon and they only do Blizzcon when they have something new to announce. They didn't even hold a blizzcon last year.

But please tell me what MMOs are going to be at Pax East?

LOTRO will be at PAX, thats one..:)

there will be panels for Mass effect and dragon age...

Neverwinter will have a booth and probably STO too

ok....

Mass Effect and Dragon Age are not MMOs. Dragon Age is an upcoming game

Neverwinter is also not yet released hence the reason you will see it there.

I don't see anything about STO being there. Not even on their official forums.

But again you never answered my question. Do you base what MMO you play around weather or not they are at conventions?

Edited by jarjarloves

Yeah, no. They only had around 1.5 million to begin with, if 1.5 million left there would be practically no one left in the game. Somewhere after the 6ish month mark they lost about half their players I remember hearing in the past.