SWTOR, flashy lights, and photosensitive epilepsy

Olicc

/snip

All people are asking for a a flip switch to dumb down those graphical effects that cause these problems, not killing these effects altogether in future content.

It should be noted that what causes these problems are usually rapidly blinking lights, or rapid color switching, not normal graphics.

As for your "telling them to stay away", is it really good idea to tell people who pay for your product to stay away from the top level content?

Why should they have bothered? It effects how many people? It's like banning balloons in school, because 1 kid is allergic to the plastic or white dust in them. Or banning all products with nuts in them at school, because one child at the school is allergic, when telling them "Stay away and don't eat this food" is all it really takes.

I'm not surprised BW didn't respond.

Sorry my suggestion for how to possibly fix it game wise didn't work. But seriously, I wouldn't blame BW for not taking into consideration something like this. And really, if they did, the animations/aesthics would likely be called out as being terrible.

Wow. Just. Wow.

Get off of Bioware's dick. A settings toggle does not universally affect every player. It just allows more people to play. This is bad, how?

I don't suffer from the problem that Hedda does, but having her leave the game affects my enjoyment of the game, as she's a long time member of my guild.

Besides which, "how many people does it affect" is a stupid measure. If something they are doing is harmful to their customers, Bioware SHOULD be aware of it and SHOULD do something to fix the problem. Period.

Why should they have bothered? It effects how many people? It's like banning balloons in school, because 1 kid is allergic to the plastic or white dust in them. Or banning all products with nuts in them at school, because one child at the school is allergic, when telling them "Stay away and don't eat this food" is all it really takes.

Sorry my suggestion for how to possibly fix it game wise didn't work. But seriously, I wouldn't blame BW for not taking into consideration something like this. And really, if they did, the animations/aesthics would likely be called out as being terrible.

Calm down Ebenezer Scrooge. This isn't school so your examples make NO sense. All bioware has to do is add a slider or toggle option. If you were the person with P.E. i'm sure you'd see it differently then.

I spoke breifly to Eric Musco (SWTOR Community Cordinator) today and he is assisting internally in getting this information over to the right people for consideration.

On a relative side note, I completed a HM Foundry yesterday on one of my Sith Alts and noticed that the HK dialouge cinimatic and figtht has a bunch of strobing lighting effects, as well. I think in general the sith side is more flashy than playing on the republic side since Sorcs have a ton of lightning attacks themselves, though these don't seem to bother her as much when fighting them in Warzones and such.

I think electricity effects are the primary culprit, though there are a few other flashing effects here and there. I think if the slider could reduce the strobing and cycling image rate on lightning it would solve 90% of the problem and that's a pretty good start.

Really... its not like we are asking BW to hinder the gameplay, we are just asking for an option... Airbag saved my life; however, it did not hinder my everyday driving.

Karma man... watch out.... bad things may come your way talking like that... keep your eye out.

Edited by OldMuttley

I spoke breifly to Eric Musco (SWTOR Community Cordinator) today and he is assisting internally in getting this information over to the right people for consideration.

On a relative side note, I completed a HM Foundry yesterday on one of my Sith Alts and noticed that the HK dialouge cinimatic and figtht has a bunch of strobing lighting effects, as well. I think in general the sith side is more flashy than playing on the republic side since Sorcs have a ton of lightning attacks themselves, though these don't seem to bother her as much when fighting them in Warzones and such.

I think electricity effects are the primary culprit, though there are a few other flashing effects here and there. I think if the slider could reduce the strobing and cycling image rate on lightning it would solve 90% of the problem and that's a pretty good start.

It's great that BioWare is taking this particular issue into consideration. I wish they would make a post on this thread just so we have some confirmation here as well.

• 8 years later...