Thank you for the Gree Event

Corsiero

Well... I enjoyed the hell out of this event. I squeezed every bit of rep I could when I played and had fun with guildies. The multiple WBs were a nice touch, great fun, and a good way to keep stacking rep points for use later.

As a casual player, I managed to get close to Champ. I will be there next week. I managed 2 light-saber hilts as well.

OP, I'm not sure generalizing about the entitled is warranted. I understand what you mean, but I find that most players both casual and hardcore are willing to work and derive satisfaction from accomplishment. Nevertheless, there are a few that want everything handed to them. But... they are always there irrespective of game or even genre.

So, Kudos BW. Great fun... now, what's next?

Failed to see the fun in it,to me it was just another grind...and this revamp of ilum for pvp everyone was talking about beforehand,well if that was it...future does not bode well for this game in pvp terms.

If being fed up with 10+ years of boring repetitive mmo grinds(despite being dressed up in fancy colours with bells and whistles on top) is being entitled,well then,stick me on welfare,sign me right up!

Guess i should thank BW for the grind though lol,or at least,i'll thank them for trying...i mean,the announcer talking sometimes was at least a nice touch the first few times.

Edited by biguydeadd

Thats me as well. The event was fun and a nice alternative. Quests were pretty good except for the low drop rate on the beats one and how repetitive the heroic was.

The ops boss was very fun and the world bosses were a nice addition. Even the PVP was welcome by most but still needs tweaking for WPVP to happen once the Gree event is gone.

I wont make champ this week either cause I didn't get max rep the first week but I will next week so all is good.

Pretty much exacly this.

I didn't mind the grind so much (and it was pretty boring and monotonous). It's just irritating that I now have to wait a week to get the weapon I ground two weeks worth of dailies everyday to earn just because of a rep cap. Very poorly designed in my opinion.

Thanks for the new content/event.

I was able to grind (2) characters almost every day for 36 Helix components each, I also have enough gree rep cores to get to legend status, although I was not paying attention to maximizing each week's reputation, so I too will have to wait until next week to reach champion rank.

Pretty much all of the pros & cons of the event have been covered.

I look forward to seeing what the DEVs have learned and how it affects future events.

It will be nice to have a few days off from grinding. :)

I enjoyed it too. Mostly bug free except for the teleport/QT bug. The story was solid, the in game design was really done. The world bosses and Xeno were the highlights for sure. It was nice to have such a concentration of people so that it was easy to form Ops groups.

The visuals were stunning, I loved looking up at the Ilum sky. Also liked the little touches including the lore objects and the Southern Base..

The visuals were stunning, I loved looking up at the Ilum sky. Also liked the little touches including the lore objects and the Southern Base..

Honestly, they need some actual permanent locations that look like the inside of that starship. VERY unique and I'm getting a little tired of the locations they've provided (after a year of playing through them).

- Arcada

I saw no difference in this event then the normal daily routine we repeat everyday. If anything, it was worse which resulted in countless complaints from players. Not to mention the tiny island size area used for it.

Bioware didn't listen the last tiime and they again didn't this time either. The place was littered with complaints from players on pve servers about having to run thru' pvp sites in order to participate in this event, much like the past events.

A great event is one where everyone enjoys themselves, everyone. Clearly, this was not it.

Edited by RikHar

My two quarters on the event:

The Brief

• The lore
  • The fun of the Event Bosses
  • The attempt to bring about world PvP
  • The armor
  • The players (out of bw's control)
  • Some of the weapons

Dislikes

• The grind. Omg...the grind
  • Lack of unlockable "event/story" progression
  • The armor
  • The weapons
  • The players (out of bw's control)
  • Xeno lockout timer
  • The worm event boss cheat (Please...fix this before the event comes back)

The Explanation

World PvP: I say the attempt to bring back world PvP because, again for me, it was cohesion. The "Contested Area" should not have been a free-for-all zone, it should have been a standard "teams" zone. To me that would have fit the quest lines better and the event better. Each faction trying their best to stop the other from gaining Gree Favor (or in this case...waiting in lines). Instead...it was a ridiculous free-for-all that was almost an after thought of, "Yeah...lets just make it a Thunderdome. BRILLIANT!"

Also, there had to be a better way to implement the timers/objectives of that particular pvp mission to avoid the "efficiently minded" players. In fact, I know there was because there's players that thought of some fantastic ideas around this to force PvP. Hopefully this was another learning experience.

The Grind/Unlockable Story progression: A lot of people whined about this in the Rakghoul event because, if you missed a day, the rotation got screwed up or this or that. So the response was..."Unlocks for everyone!" Ok, yes, you had to unlock Gray Secant in this event, but that wasn't hard to do. So, for a two week event...I expected way more unlocked missions. Things to show, not only the Gree's observations, but the Gree's influence in the galaxy. It would've been interesting to have the Droid collector inside Secant (the one that sends you to different planets) have one droid objective (i.e. planet) unlocked per day, with the second week (or last 4 days?) having them all unlocked for players that couldn't make it the first week. In doing so, the player could get to each planet to check on each droid where there was a series of 2-3 missions to unlock where the droid was or what it was doing. Maybe even find a droid that was completely demolished with intact partial core and hints as to who took it. The point is...it was way to grindy. "Come to planet. Finish stack of mission. Defeat event boss (if you're lucky). Move on."

In this respect...it didn't feel like an event....it felt like a grind-fest. Went from one extreme to the other. Yes...I realize that the "unlock method" is still a grind fest...but it doesn't FEEL like a grind fest if done right. Plus it can add more lore, mystery, story, etc. Star Wars. Space Opera. Common here people.

The Armor/Weapons: Ok, I actually liked the armor designs (yes, i realize it's rep stuff and not event stuff)...except the boots. Is there some absolute need from the designers to have at least ONE piece of armor with something that protrudes ridiculously? Other then that, I really wish they had a dye system in place so you could adjust the neon color and base armor color...but nice none the less. :D Personally, I wasn't a fan of the weapon designs, but I didn't think they were horrible either. I was more impressed by the weapon effects and animations. Those were pretty cool.

All my gripes about armor and weapons aside, my biggest complaint was the fact that they were just shells. Just...simple shells. Nothing more. For the armor, I get it. They're reputation items. But for the event weapons...why? For the initial Return of the Gree event on Nar Shadda...I could get a fantastically equipped weapon for mid or high level that contained good mods that was easily comparable to anything else out there at the time. And that event wasn't nearly as impactful on my time as this 2 week grind. So for a 2 week grind fest....I get a shell? Really? Le sigh. This isn't the Cartel Market. I worked for that event item. I expect it to be more then a shiny new shell.

The Players: Ooooooh my god...the players. Without going into great detail, the players were amazing bad...but at the same time....amazingly good. The absolute childish antics and behaviors were absolutely amazing. Thankfully it was countered by some, also amazing, mature and respectful players. Thankfully I only had 2 "bad" instances with players, but I think that's because I avoided one "fire" (pylon quest - did once, queue's started, never did again) and, being on RP-PvP server, I also went in expecting certain things to happen. Because of this, maybe my experience was not totally soiled...I don't know. But man....to watch general chat sometimes. Aaaamazing bad (stupid and childish too).

All in all, I felt that this was overall less an event and more a grind fest with limited event rewards (not to be confused with rep rewards). It felt more like a testbed for other future installments, limited by the rep system, and disguised as an "event" with a spattering of fun lore, bosses and the like. Overall, my "event high" ran out after the first week was completed (realistically...4-5 days), but I did enjoy that high while it lasted.

Now go back to the drawing board and find that "happy middle" please. :D

Edited by Moondragon

I enjoyed it, I'm not a fan of PvP so I ignored those quests, but I did the PvE ones daily on my three 50's , did the odd heroic mission and an occasional world boss group.

My current levelling toon is currently on voss in full white gree armour, which looks great, so for me it was an event I gained from and, data chip drop rate aside enjoyed.

I always enjoy new content. That said I would give this event a 6 out 10.

They gave us two world bosses, an instance boss with two modes and several short quests to earn daily rewards/reputation with the Gree.

I will admit, that I did not do every mission or even attempt to do so. It was a neat event and I loved the lore behind the event, just wish more of that would have been used like a holo communications with the Gree on missions etc.

My favorite mission was the Ancient Gree Droid mission you received inside the Gree ship. That same mission, also was a bit of a disappointment. I had decided that was my goal to get in the ship and get this mission to travel to the various Ancient Gree droids. It required you become a Newcomer in rep with the Gree to get into the ship, which is where you find the quest. Once I completed and turned in the quest last night, I realized I was not high enough rep to unlock the the pet reward for the quest. Now, I know this event will happen again and then I will be able to unlock my reward, but just odd that a quest reward has another requirement. :rak_02:

Just think maybe the quest should not have popped up until the proper rep level was reached.

All in all, not bad...it was new content, more quests, reputation system and some unique armor/weapons. Just maybe a bit more planning on the quests and some rep for actual Open World PVP, instead of the groups of 4 that could be targeted by even the same faction.

I saw no difference in this event then the normal daily routine we repeat everyday. If anything, it was worse which resulted in countless complaints from players. Not to mention the tiny island size area used for it.

Bioware didn't listen the last tiime and they again didn't this time either. The place was littered with complaints from players on pve servers about having to run thru' pvp sites in order to participate in this event, much like the past events.

A great event is one where everyone enjoys themselves, everyone. Clearly, this was not it.

Ok so first off, in any gaming community, there is never EVERYONE enjoying themselves. And in those complaints there was posts litered by people who loved the event. So moot point. AND FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME YOU DIDN"T EVEN NEED TO GO TO THE PVP AREA AND DO THE TWO MEASLY PVP QUESTS. YOU WERE NEVER FORCED TO PVP SO QQQQQQQQQQQ SOME MORE.

[citation needed]

And just how is one to create an event which everyone -- PvP players, PvE players, level 10 players, level 50 players, players with one toon, players with 16 toons, lore aficionados, gear aficionados, people who have a hour a day to play, people who play from dawn to dusk, people who only play on the weekend or when the kids are asleep, people who prefer solo quests, people who prefer group quests, people who are in guilds, people who are not and newcomers -- ALL enjoy themselves?

This event gave us some neat lore, distinctive pets and equipment for those who like that stuff, a chance to dip our toes into PvP if we hadn't before, a chance to do quite well solo and even better in a group and a great ship to muck about in. If you couldn't find something to enjoy in all of that, the problem is with you, not the event.