Fair gAME?

Sacrilage

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The developers of this game are not fair to the players, hiding information about this bug. If you declare a 12000 cap reputation, please follow the rules. There wasn't any Information about the overcap, and certainly is not fair game. I believe that players who knew about it, and have taken the champion, must be equated to the players, not yet made it. SWTOR, you fall into my eyes.

This information was available in the Dev post about it, and presented clearly in the game UI.

I was away from the game for 10 months, came back a week into 1.7, opened my Legacy window and saw reputations, clicked on it, and was aware of this detail within minutes of coming back to the game.

What more can they do to broadcast this to you? Spam people who aren't interested? Specifically tell you the optimal way to use your reputation items?

It's a game. Relax. Open more next week.

A lot of players use the bug allowing more points reputation. Once the player has 11,970 reputation points, it uses the page epic reputation for attaining the 1410 reputation points over the limit. By now, those players who knew about this bug have a level of reputation, "Champion" and is worn and weapons and equipment of the highest quality. Those who did not know about it, have to wait another week? Dear developers! Do you think this situation is fair?

I urge all players to ask the game developers! In my post may not respond! But if such posts will be more possible that it and change for the better!

Wait another week????? :eek: I feel your pain...... I have to wait until December when my tour in Afghanistan is over. ;)

I understand all are satisfied! Varites in you broth. I am not satisfied that the information was hidden! I demand the revision of this situation! Either enter a valid limit of 12,000 reputation points, or add reputation to the champion all those who passed all the 3 limit but did not get this level of reputation.

Demand Developers response.

I understand all are satisfied! Varites in you broth. I am not satisfied that the information was hidden! I demand the revision of this situation! Either enter a valid limit of 12,000 reputation points, or add reputation to the champion all those who passed all the 3 limit but did not get this level of reputation.

Nothing was hidden. Don't talk about my broth.

I have to say that this has to be the funniest thread today,

I can't believe that people are willing to point out, how incapable they are of reading and then blaming everyone else. So funny, thank you to all the people complaining on this thread, you've made my day.

Even the bad use of CAP's in the title makes this funny :D

It was not a bug. it was intentional.

This.

If they didn't want us to be able to spill over the weekly cap they wouldn't of given us the ability to. They certainly wouldn't of actually made it a point in letting us know we could.

Sorry you didn't catch on and have to wait another week. Call it a critical thinking tax.

I don't think this was a bug or exploit, but a solid use of math. The order that you used your rep tokens each week, especially the last week, could push you into that higher rank.

We should ban the use of brains in MMO's, that way everything will be fair. Brains and calculators. They have to go.

Ok, it makes sense now.

/troll

http://www.swtor.com/blog/game-update-1.7-developer-blog-galactic-reputation

"If consuming a Reputation Trophy would put you over your weekly cap, you will still be granted the full amount of points from that Reputation Trophy."

QQ.

how dare you provide a link that shows the OP doesn't know how to read the information that was given to him ahead of time!

http://www.swtor.com/blog/game-update-1.7-developer-blog-galactic-reputation

"If consuming a Reputation Trophy would put you over your weekly cap, you will still be granted the full amount of points from that Reputation Trophy."

QQ.

Exactly. We knew this weeks before the reputation system existed, *and* the cap still prevents further gains. It's not possible to get more than 1000 reputation above the weekly limit, which is such a small amount that it is nearly negligible. In short, exceeding the cap--as Bioware says you can--gets you to Legend status at...exactly the same time as anyone else. And you have to use...exactly the same number of trophies.

The OP does make a valid case for the issue regardless on whether it was intentional or not. Fact of the matter is some people obviously knew the implications of the rep cap before the first week ended and others did not. Not the fact there was a cap obviously everyone probably read that but the fact on how tight a cap it would be, people who got champion today only did because they accumulated maximum points available on the first week.

Not only that but there was a little discrepancy in what the rank requirements actually were, if you counted the way it scaled up 2500 points a rank then champion should of been 12500 required for the rank from hero instead it required 5000 more points than hero which means the ones who thought there would of been enough headroom made it to hero only to find they were going to be a few points short of hitting the target for champion the next week.

It makes you wonder if some people actually knew about the rank requirements and how tight the caps would be beforehand giving them the upper hand compared to most players.

It makes you wonder if some people actually knew about the rank requirements and how tight the caps would be beforehand giving them the upper hand compared to most players.

and how exactly would they have previous knowledge? do you think bioware contacted certain players informing them of this? better put your tinfoil hat on.

like everyone else has already pointed out, the info was out there. its not bioware's fault people didn't bother to read it.

honestly, i don't know why people are so upset by this. if you didn't make it, you are missing out on a vanity item for a few months. This event will repeat. get it next time.

Everything is all rather moot anyways.

There is a "top tier" with regards reputation. If you use Green/Blue until you've turned in 11700 for the week and then a purple you maximise your weekly cap.

If you don't? All that happens is it takes you longer to reach the very top.

If there was a pot of gold waiting for you that got smaller each time someone got there before you I could understand. However (thanks to the way BW have made everything modable) you are aiming mainly for cosmetic items that eventually everyone will get anyway.

Good! Tell me why 5% of the players that guessed / received information on undocumented features can use particularly equipment. The other 95% did not know about such opportunities have to wait a week? Just tell me, why? No more and no less.

Maybe because the 5% actually took the time to read the patch notes and FAQ's and the other 95% didn't. EA/BW was very honest and up front and put the information out there that if you used a token that would put yo u over the cap, you got the full rep value for it.