Best Survivability Class

uihobo

I am a newish player and I have so far rolled a Sith Marauder to lvl 22. I seem to do pretty well getting kills in PVP and I do pretty well in PVE but I dont have a lot of survivability, especially in PVP. I jump in to do some dmg and then once Im getting attacked by more than 1 person I usually die. Granted Im a lower lvl but even against people of similar levels it is still similar.

I want to roll another toon but this time rebel side. I have seen a few people with Jedi Sages and they do really well so I was thinking of something like that. Any other reb classes that do really well as far as survivability? Thanks!

i really liked my sith assassin for survivability could always have my armor rating really high and still put out decent dps number if the situation called for it also the cc's and stealth made fights super easy and one of the easiest classes i have leveled

This is a tough question because context really tweaks it.

For example while low level a sentinel/Mara is going to feel quite squishy. This is because much of their survivability is in the form of defensive cooldowns instead of general mitigation. At 50 they actually have perhaps the best survivability of any dps specced class, but until they get higher level those benefits don't shine too well.

Alternately tank classes obviously have good survivability but mediocre damage output will be minimal.

A hybrid specced Shadow with part in the tanking tree and part in either dps tree offers a great survivability to dps blend, but again this won't show until they are high enough level to actually become a hybrid spec

Gunslingers/SNipers are great at keeping enemies off of them, but once those kiting abilities are used up then they are cannon fodder.

Sages when specced at least halfway into the telekinetics tree are extremely hard to kill but in doing so they are giving up a lot of primary function (losing the group heal as a healer, losing the top half of the balance tree as a pvp dpser). As far as pve-dps however telekinetics has a decent survivability to damage rate.

You'll always have a companion with you so what class you are doesn't matter.

On that note though, when you get a healing companion can make a huge difference. A scoundrel for example is both a bit of a late bloomer as a class and at the same time doesn't see his healer until Hoth-- Put these together and you'll feel fairly squshy around Alderaan/Quesh.

Now take a Bounty hunter that has a healer from the outset, heavy armor and despite a weak defensive CD gets it rather early and you have a class that has great lowbie survivability.

On that note though, when you get a healing companion can make a huge difference. A scoundrel for example is both a bit of a late bloomer as a class and at the same time doesn't see his healer until Hoth-- Put these together and you'll feel fairly squshy around Alderaan/Quesh.

Now take a Bounty hunter that has a healer from the outset, heavy armor and despite a weak defensive CD gets it rather early and you have a class that has great lowbie survivability.

Everyone's 2nd companion is a healer.

rebel side.

Galactic Republic =/= Rebel Alliance

But anyway, I'd say the best class for survivability is Jedi Shadow (Preferably Tank), or Sith Assassin (Preferably Tank)

Secondly it's Scoundrel or Operative. Anything goes wrong just pop stealth and run away. Also helps to avoid repair bills in Ops/ FPs.

Edited by Aelther

The term "survivability" is very subjective in your post. If you are talking about PVP then any class that has maxed out Expertise will be "God-mode" regardless of what class you are. In sub-50 PVP the quality of your gear will dictate how "God-mode" you are.

Regardless, even with top end gear, you still can't "tank" the entire team by yourself and still expect to obliterate them.

As of now, SWTOR PVP is 70% gear and 30% skill. This is more true in lower brackets.

Galactic Republic =/= Rebel Alliance

But anyway, I'd say the best class for survivability is Jedi Shadow (Preferably Tank), or Sith Assassin (Preferably Tank)

Secondly it's Scoundrel or Operative. Anything goes wrong just pop stealth and run away. Also helps to avoid repair bills in Ops/ FPs.

I think every time someone uses 'rebel' for the Republic side, they should be forced to endure a 100,000 watt current through their body.