Teleportation in Lore?

kirorx

I think the phasing ability for the Assassins and Shadows is a neat addition.

I do have one question though, was this a known ability in the starwars universe?

From a lore perspective i do not recal anyone being able to teleport from one spot to another, but then there are always new force powers added all the time in the EU.

I think it's more the idea that you think you've lost somebody who's tracking you, only to find that the sneaky professional has managed to pop back up when least expected.

While it's technically teleporting you, it doesn't use a teleporter--it's a function used to represent your ability.

Kind of like how you don't see them use combat medical probes to res in the films.

Finding teleporting devices on Belsavis was also questionable a little bit.

Well, we had one character noted on the last page who could teleport themselves using the force, looking at the wiki there are several more listed, being possible with the force that kind of clears Rakata technology to use it since their technology is in large part force based.

The wiki also claim it wasn't all that rare, seeing common use among Jedi who favored the power of the force over lightsaber skill. On the other hand there is no source for that what so ever. Still, we got multiple characters noted capable of it already.

Keep in mind that as far as lore is concerned you as a consular or inquisitor no matter the advanced class is a very powerful force user, you're not an everyday Jedi or Sith, especially not at the point where you'd gain this ability.

There is an ability to teleport. It is known as Fold Space and is used by the Aing-Tii.

Indeed, Fold Space is the ability that many Fanbois are spouting to prove Revan is alive, strong force users can indeed master this ability used to Transport themselves to nearby places, although it can go much further than the shadows "Phase Walk"

I think the phasing ability for the Assassins and Shadows is a neat addition.

I do have one question though, was this a known ability in the starwars universe?

From a lore perspective i do not recal anyone being able to teleport from one spot to another, but then there are always new force powers added all the time in the EU.

Teleportation in Star Wars is Canon.

It's just very rare for it's double-edged side-affects, including corruption based on distance travelled and knowledge of the area (if you teleported like 40 feet away it wouldn't have any noticable effect, but if you tried teleporting to a specific room on your ship without photographic memory of the room, you are gonna be seriously corrupted) Revan used it in The Foundry.

Indeed, Fold Space is the ability that many Fanbois are spouting to prove Revan is alive, strong force users can indeed master this ability used to Transport themselves to nearby places, although it can go much further than the shadows "Phase Walk"

The question is, how did Revan and the SI/JC learn it? If it is Fold Space and not 'Teleport', how did they come to learn it?

But Phase Walk seems to be a much 'weaker' version of teleport/fold space.

The question is, how did Revan and the SI/JC learn it? If it is Fold Space and not 'Teleport', how did they come to learn it?

But Phase Walk seems to be a much 'weaker' version of teleport/fold space.

They figured out the technique themselves! Or found the ancient knowledge of it. :p

What we should find odd, is that TOR allows for such things as teleporting, but still haven't implemented the Jedi's ability to jump great distances.

i gotta love this, everytime they need a new idea they just make a new "known" sithlord/Jedimaster and write a story about him like( there was a Jedimaster/Sithlord called Bla Bla Bla who had a special ability which no other Sithlord/Jedimaster had before him) there you go a new story put in the Lore and call it Starwars!

i mean really its just the same thing with Star Wars Force Unleashed where they made force sensitive a halve-god who can move an asteroid from its orbit etc...

Edited by saremun

i gotta love this, everytime they need a new idea they just make a new "known" sithlord/Jedimaster and write a story about him like( there was a Jedimaster/Sithlord called Bla Bla Bla who had a special ability which no other Sithlord/Jedimaster had before him) there you go a new story put in the Lore and call it Starwars!

i mean really its just the same thing with Star Wars Force Unleashed where they made force sensitive a halve-god who can move an asteroid from its orbit etc...

No they didn't at least not lorewise, Galen's powers weren't that insane. His biggest feat was slowing a descent of a falling Star Destroyer that completely drained him. But why is that such a bad thing hmm?

No they didn't at least not lorewise, Galen's powers weren't that insane. His biggest feat was slowing a descent of a falling Star Destroyer that completely drained him. But why is that such a bad thing hmm?

It's not such a bad thing.

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is." - Yoda

It's not such a bad thing.

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is." - Yoda

Thats what I am saying, people think its ridiculous yet they overlook time and again of what Yoda says.

"Size matters not."

In just the movies, its stated or implied like several times that one can do practically anything with The Force. So why people freak out over the EU stuff, is beyond me.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The game does contain quite a few exceptions for gameplay reasons. For example, traveling from Dromund Kaas to Tatooine (Across the entire galaxy) would take days at the least, if not weeks, in hyperspace. It only takes a few seconds in TOR, for obvious reasons.

Star Wars doesn't have teleportation or "Beaming" as such, no... but the Force is a powerful thing and can be used to do all manner of things, including making it seem like someone is teleporting. But remember what I said above, Exceptions must be made to everything for gameplay reasons, or even engine reasons.

Thats what I am saying, people think its ridiculous yet they overlook time and again of what Yoda says.

"Size matters not."

In just the movies, its stated or implied like several times that one can do practically anything with The Force. So why people freak out over the EU stuff, is beyond me.

Because its cliché and done to the death. Unoriginal. A thing the first movies were not ironicaly.

Yoda saying size matters not... he was comparing levitating rocks to luke wingfighter....

It goes a very long way from teleporting, moving asteroids, opening whormwholes, raising the dead ( yes the ancient sith did it... lol zombies) And whataver else.

I can understand certain mystical powers, with a nice background and plot story in it.

But otherwise is just.... another anime.

Even if you take star wars as fantastic in space wich is the more acurate defenition for star wars now, and certainly not space opera adventure drama, as probably was intended in the begining. Even considering that, there should be rules in this certain universe, and certainly not everything should be possible. Or else it will just falls into vulgarity.

Because its cliché and done to the death. Unoriginal. A thing the first movies were not ironicaly.

You are kidding me right? You are actually going to tell me A New Hope isn't the most tired, dried out formula with the most done to death themes since ancient times?

You lost all credibility in my eyes.

You are kidding me right? You are actually going to tell me A New Hope isn't the most tired, dried out formula with the most done to death themes since ancient times?

You lost all credibility in my eyes.

Yeah? and im ok with that, doesnt bother me ;)

storyteling? yeah it might be standart adventure "john carter of mars" stuff, hell it was inspired by that book as well.

But flushing out a universe and its features? wich was what we were talking about. It was anything but standart at the time.

I recall star wars being revolutionary back in the day because of that.

Edited by Spartanik