Rise of the Hutt Cartel required to keep playing.

DarkDajin

It is more of a question than a statement, but if one looks at the changes coming in update 2.0

-FPs re-designed for lvl 55

-Ranked Warzones only for lvl 55

-Removal of lvl 50 Recruit Wargear

-New PvP brackets (10-20, 30 - 54, 55)

It looks like there is no more viable Elder Game remaining for those who do not purchase the expansion.

So are they forcing us to buy this?

Edited by DarkDajin

It is more of a question than a statement, but if one looks at the changes coming in update 2.0

-FPs re-designed for lvl 55

-Ranked Warzones only for lvl 55

-Removal of lvl 50 Recruit Wargear

-New PvP brackets (10-20, 30 - 54, 55)

It looks like there is no more viable Elder Game remaining for those who do not purchase the expansion.

You can do all old world raids and get haz mat.

And +1 for misleading titles. well played....

Edited by Typeslice

As taken from the other thread, a lvl 50 cap would leave you with very little:

My understanding is this: the 2.0 patch makes changes to the current game in the form of class balancing and bug fixes which will apply to everyone. Buying RotHC is the only way to access level 55, Makeb, and any features (besides 55) not in this patch but in the expansion. What this means for those who don't buy the expansion is they will be stuck at level 50.

In my exploration of the test server this is bad news for those who do not buy the expansion as all level 50 gear vendors on the fleet have been removed. If this is the case on live, progression will cease for those who don't purchase the expansion.

from patchnotes - current hardmodes are still going to stay lvl 50 and will drop blackhole gear - they are redesigning flashpoints that are currently available at low levels only (in fact, its kind of a beef of mine, that we're not getting any new flashpoints, just old ones, brought up to lvl 55). all but one op are staying at lvl 50, dropping higher level gear. there will still be lvl 50 warzones. current coms will be converted to planetary ones, and current daily coms will also be converted into new currency, redeemable at the new fleet vendors.

you will still have something to do. unlike other games where expansions do in fact make old content completely obsolete and require you to buy them to access new end game.

standard MMO practice with bioware actually attempting to take people who might not be buying expansions into consideration.

Edited by Jeweledleah

well they already dont like the f2p people if this dont run them off besides bieng charged for everything short of breathing im not sure what will.

I cant see buying a content update bieng sold as xpac when they made god aweful gear sets again lol. Seriously whoever is greenlighting that garbage armor should be fired or go work for a fantasy mmo.

from patchnotes - current hardmodes are still going to stay lvl 50 and will drop blackhole gear - they are redesigning flashpoints that are currently available at low levels only (in fact, its kind of a beef of mine, that we're not getting any new flashpoints, just old ones, brought up to lvl 55). all but one op are staying at lvl 50, dropping higher level gear. there will still be lvl 50 warzones. current coms will be converted to planetary ones, and current daily coms will also be converted into new currency, redeemable at the new fleet vendors.

you will still have something to do. unlike other games where expansions do in fact make old content completely obsolete and require you to buy them to access new end game.

standard MMO practice with bioware actually attempting to take people who might not be buying expansions into consideration.

They're far more kind than I might be were I running things. At a whopping $10 for the expansion, I wouldn't hesitate to overlook any players who didn't buy.

Then again, maybe they need to cater to everyone because losing even a small percentage would hurt.

They're far more kind than I might be were I running things. At a whopping $10 for the expansion, I wouldn't hesitate to overlook any players who didn't buy.

Then again, maybe they need to cater to everyone because losing even a small percentage would hurt.

just to point out, it's $10 for subs and $20 for F2P. Not that it make a big difference but still,...thought it should be said.