Crafting in 2.0 !!

wainot-keel

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had any critical successes with slicing? I'd love to see what the artifact crew skill missions are.

I cannot recall the names of the few I have got. I can tell you that I have only seen them be lvl 450 and that for a companion at max affection they take 2:47:44 to get done. Also as far as slicing, I am going to take a guess they will "adjust" the lockboxes for the final tier as well. I have a hard time believing it will be fine with them to spend a little under 4k on a mission that I have seen always give back 4-8K credit boxes back.

Not intended, but not an exploit.

So that falls under the category of "creative use of existing game mechanics?"

Don't get me wrong, I take advantage of it. i've even been pretty lucky with getting over 50% of my level 27 schems on the first try.

My opinion is that if the devs really didn't want us to do it, they'd find a way to fix it. If they can't be bothered enough to actually fix it, then there's no reason not to do it.

And how do u do this? getting 50% on first try?

Yeah - looks like a new tier of schematics may be coming. This could end up being extremely exciting ~ or seriously undwhelming.

Here's to hoping that this brings worthwhile new crafting content.

You could also assume that their will be grade 7 green mats. ~ or that the tier 7 recipes will use PILES of grade 6 mats. I hope we're getting new mats myself ~ just so the market for grade 6 stuff doesn't suddenly turn into a bidding war.

The Stab market is going to implode with the changes to HM loot tables.

Slicing lockboxs yield level 10 boxes so I assume that's how far mats go up... No idea tho

Are we to assume that there are higher level Augments than 22 now? Since there will be MK-7 to possibly 9?

New augments are higher than 22 and better. Pretty much all current grade 6 stuff are now worthless junk. Today i looked how stab price plummeted, few other prices started to plummet aswell. 340 artifact mission plummeting some fast some slower. Only thing that is still ok are consumables as they are needed until 2.0 comes.

Its rather hard to even see how stuff acts as far as RE when you don't have access to the 3rd ingredient needed (think fluxes and the like) to craft an item. I am guessing they will have those at a vendor on Makeeb only and they will be BoP. Unless a bug, you cannot even get them as a mission option.

If that is true then that mean prices of consumables will sky rocket due to 3rd ingredients. Currently few of those mats cost 400 a piece already! And only good way is to send into mission to get them cheap.

Overall it just means crafting will be more expensive and thus final price for buyer.

Edited by Divona

Something isn't adding up here. The existing gathering & mission skills are organized in bands where a new tier of mats unlocks every 60 points of skill. Grade 6 becoming available at a skill of 360.

But reports from the PTS are saying grade 7,8,9, & even 10

The difference in skill between 360 & 450 is only 90 points - so ......

Did they "rescale" the tiers to 45 points per grade, so that tier 6 will now unlock at a skill level of 270?

Or is there just one more grade of missions shown in the UI that is shared by all 7,8,9, & 10 mats?

.....If they rescaled it ~ that's actually a nice change that will make crafting while leveling for new players much more viable.

Does anyone have a lowbie toon on the PTS with some gear ?

I'm a bit concern about the huge nerf secondary stats have.

For example, stock Arkanian set for healer sorc has 576 crit rating and 288 surge rating, which provides 8.97 % and 16.61 % crit chance bonus and crit multiplier bonus respectevely, whereas with campaign gear the ratio bonus is 288 crit rating -> 10.30 % crit chance, 279 surge rating -> 24.63 %

Basically, I'm afraid all those nice Fervor and Endowment, etc crafts for lowbies will become unredeeming garbage for leveling. I mean, who's going to pay/craft for that for such negligible boost at the return those stats have on the PTS

Edited by wainot-keel

So, can anyone clear up what exactly new tiers of mats and materials are available through standard crafting means on the PTS (i.e., vendor trainable schematics + crew missions). This is sounding like there is a big open gap between grade 6 and grade 9, and in between is nothing.

If that's true, then it means not only can we not craft green and blue gear to level from 50-55 in, but once again, all that's available at the new "endgame" is "crappier than the crappiest entry level" stuff. So, we have to stop at 50 and do the same stupid gear grind to gear up just to make through five more levels, then start a whole other grind for level 55 stuff, and nothing we can craft is in any way useful beyond level 49.

It's enough that everything at 50 is being made obsolete. But putting a big stupid donut hole in the crafting system from 50 to 54 is just idiotic.

If that's true, then it means not only can we not craft green and blue gear to level from 50-55 in, but once again, all that's available at the new "endgame" is "crappier than the crappiest entry level" stuff. So, we have to stop at 50 and do the same stupid gear grind to gear up just to make through five more levels, then start a whole other grind for level 55 stuff, and nothing we can craft is in any way useful beyond level 49.

I haven't been able to play much on the PTS, but kinda does seems so. Flashpoints will give you black hole gear, which is lvl 50. So yes, you get to 50, you grind flashpoints to get the gear to quest on the planet and get to lvl 55 and then you grind again. Just writing it sounds awful

There are new schematics for Artifice as well. I bought a Ark OH and RE'd it for an orange version with no mods.

I could also RE enhancements for patterns. The RE mats returned were mostly grade 9 (which you can get from your appropriate gather/mission skill) or grade 10 (a new "stabilizer"). To craft the OH above I needed like 4 of the new stabilizer, so this will been needed in abundance to craft new endgame stuff.

I haven't been able to play much on the PTS, but kinda does seems so. Flashpoints will give you black hole gear, which is lvl 50. So yes, you get to 50, you grind flashpoints to get the gear to quest on the planet and get to lvl 55 and then you grind again. Just writing it sounds awful

No surprise then; another epic fail on crafting. More proof that BW simply despises player directed content (i.e., anything where you're not playing what they have scripted for you to play 24x7).

Confirmed that the trainer for synthweaving offers new orange schematics. The model for jedi knights is very nice.

No sign of new orange schematics from the trainer for armormech. I am running some of the new underworld trading missions in the hope of finding some.

Edited by Estelindis

armoring 30 Mats

Tricopper flux x 2 Vendor bought no access to yet so can't make the armor

Mythra x 2 Grade 9 Scavenged Metal

Mass Manipulation Generator x 1 Grade 10 Drop , RE

Turadium x 2 Grade 9 Scavenged Compound

Exotic Element Eqalizer x 4 Grade 10 Drop , RE

Whats missing is the IRON from underworld if at all

Runin some Underworld Mission see what I get for Metal

Mod mats

Tricopper flux x 2 Vendor bought no access to yet so can't make the Mod

Mythra x 2 Grade 9 Scavenged Metal

Mass Manipulation Generator x 1 Grade 10 Drop , RE

Turadium x 2 Grade 9 Scavenged Compound

Exotic Element Eqalizer x 4 Grade 10 Drop , RE

Whats missing is the IRON from underworld if at all

Runin some Underworld Mission see what I get for Metal

45 -50 Grade 6 LIVE

Grade 7 PVP mats LIVE

Grade 8 PVE stabs , matrix LIVE

51 to 55 Grade 9 PTS

Grade 10 Mass Manipulation Generator Exotic Element Eqalizer PTS

Also looks like Grade 9 is Pet Mission Stuff and Grade 10 IS re and drops PTS

time to make with Maxed pets 42 min

but i wouldnt go by those mats expect the names but the amounts im sure maybe wrong ...

Edited by tanktest

So, can anyone clear up what exactly new tiers of mats and materials are available through standard crafting means on the PTS (i.e., vendor trainable schematics + crew missions). This is sounding like there is a big open gap between grade 6 and grade 9, and in between is nothing.

It's enough that everything at 50 is being made obsolete. But putting a big stupid donut hole in the crafting system from 50 to 54 is just idiotic.

hope that helps some

In the mission book grade 6 to 9 no in between

45 -50 Grade 6 LIVE

51 to 55 Grade 9 PTS

Don't for get Grade 7 and 8 are all ready in the game

Grade 7 PVP mats LIVE

Grade 8 PVE stabs , matrix LIVE

Also looks like Grade 9 is Pet Mission Stuff and Grade 10 IS re and drops PTS

SO nothing is missing . :) ..

Edited by tanktest

various things ive learned.

you have a 20% to learn a blue schem from a green and a 10% to learn a purple from a blue.

augments go up to 28, the 28 schems are got through crit slicing missions. level 26 augment schems are from the crafting trainer. The green 28's give +23 primary and + 15 secondary stats. It is impossible to make and re them at the moment due to the fact that the white crafting materials dont exist in the game. mk-9 aug kits still use mk-6 components for some reason, might be a bug, also impossible to craft.

nano infused stims adrenals and such can be re'd so that they are reusable by biochem, its a bit bugged atm since the reusable doesnt persist through death as it used to. Im guessing there is a more powerful stim/adrenal out there, since the augments from the trainer werent BIS, it makes sense that the stims wouldnt be either. most likely this new stim isnt resusable, making the nano infused ones similar to rakata or hyperbattle while this other one would be like exotech back in the day, rather hard to find, perhaps only through a raid or schem from a crit crafting misssion.

Edited by akabane_k

various things ive learned.

you have a 20% to learn a blue schem from a green and a 10% to learn a purple from a blue.

augments go up to 28, the 28 schems are got through crit slicing missions. level 26 augment schems are from the crafting trainer. The green 28's give +23 primary and + 15 secondary stats. It is impossible to make and re them at the moment due to the fact that the white crafting materials dont exist in the game. mk-9 aug kits still use mk-6 components for some reason, might be a bug, also impossible to craft.

nano infused stims adrenals and such can be re'd so that they are reusable by biochem, its a bit bugged atm since the reusable doesnt persist through death as it used to. Im guessing there is a more powerful stim/adrenal out there, since the augments from the trainer werent BIS, it makes sense that the stims wouldnt be either. most likely this new stim isnt resusable, making the nano infused ones similar to rakata or hyperbattle while this other one would be like exotech back in the day, rather hard to find, perhaps only through a raid or schem from a crit crafting misssion.

Good point I didn't even notice blues had 20 % and epic 10 % and the ones with 10 % seems to be balanced more then now as far as REING goes ...